Strange Alleged insurance debt, RCIB, ICB and Canford Law

Astronomyphilly
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1502 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys,

I'm being chased and hounded day and night for an alleged debt of £316 which has jumped from £216 in a week.

I have a letter this morning from a Canford Law on behalf of Insurance Collection Bureau for Right Choice Insurance Brokers titled Notice of Intended Proceedings.

that they are instructed that I am indebted to Right Choice Insurance Brokers and that unless its paid in 14 days, its further proceedings without notice etc and, that unless satisfied they will instruct Enforcement officers to visit me and apply additional charges. Also, in bold, that they do not hold any copies or copy of the above mentioned company or their files. And that I should contact ICB immediately to arrange payment.

they have no agreement or signed documents but pay this money now?

Its like me saying to them pay me £316 because I say so!

that's where I am at, and the calls and texts and letters are beyond the joke.

This all started when I purchased a vehicle and I received calls for insurance quotes and whilst they shouldn't have passed on my details and I was pissed, the more quotes I got the better I thought.

Now I need to make this clear, at no point have I signed anything,

They did send quotes, various and they did send the associated schedule of the payments for me to print sign and return etc.

However I never did as the premium was ridiculous, no use at all. 

Then, over the course of a few weeks some £1100 was taken from my bank account.

I spoke with the bank who immideietly blocked my account and launched and investigation.

So far they've refunded a third and agree I hadn't authorised this.

I sent an email to right choice asking them what then hell was going on and to immidetaly cancel anything in my name, I had signed and agreed to nothing other than a quotation. 

They kept demanding payment for an account that Id yet to sign for and eventually a month and a half later sent an email stating my supposed account had been cancelled and to contact them regarding outstanding fees. usual standard stuff and simply ignore what I say or write, or the fact I've never signed for an account. 

Ad that brings us to todays letter from Canford Law.

I definitely need to take my own action to get this money back and find out what is going on but meanwhile, what's the best way to deal with this letter and these guys?

Its like they're saying pay us because we say so, they even admit not having any documentation that I owe anything, just somebody's word. Ludicrous.

I appreciate all help and advice on this, I really do. 

Phillip

The pre-action protocol for debt collection is that they must give you 30 days and then you can reply and then there's a further 30 days.

So to begin with they are breaking that.

Secondly, on what basis has your bank only repaid you one third? Why haven't they paid you the whole lot?

I think you should send ICB an SAR – and tell Canford that you deny that there is any debt as alleged or at all.

Let's see what site team member @dx100uk can add

Thank you for the quick reply, wow.

The Bank is Monzo, not my main bank and they're not great at some things but they were on the ball here. Sent me a 20 plus pages letter on their investigation etc, very thorough. And they agreed to refund some of the charges amounting to around a third of what was taken. From what I recall they wanted more information back from my last correspondence with RCIB before they can do anything further, procedure they say. I'm still waiting on that and this apparent signed finance agreement.

The letter from Canford Law gives 14 from today, not 30.

Not too sure what the ICB and SAR are so if you guys want to elaborate when you have the time...

Follow the SAR link

Also, you can tell Canford that a 14 day threat is in breach of the pre-action protocol in respect of debt and that if they decide to go ahead and issue proceedings on the basis that you will draw this to the attention of the judge.

Tell them that if they can't bother to act lawfully then they shouldn't bother to act at all.

Nice one, long day and this stresses me out no end.

Didn't even realise it was a link.

So get that off to RCIB or Canford? and as for the 30 days, a quick email or get a proper letter sent?

Curious what that achieves or how it can help? 

Really appreciate all this help, thank you. 

pap

Tell Canford that in addition to ignoring the pre-action protocol, they have refused to provide any details of the alleged debt and this also will be brought to the attention of the court and they should realise that their unreasonable behaviour could result in the court exercising its discretion in respect of costs against them

who are canfords stated client on their letters?

looks like this is a pass the parcel, with no-one bar the original 'creditor' having any legal right to do anything.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

19 hours ago, BankFodder said:

Tell Canford that in addition to ignoring the pre-action protocol, they have refused to provide any details of the alleged debt and this also will be brought to the attention of the court and they should realise that their unreasonable behaviour could result in the court exercising its discretion in respect of costs against them

Hi guys, have told Canford exactly that, politely and to the point.

19 hours ago, dx100uk said:

who are canfords stated client on their letters?

looks like this is a pass the parcel, with no-one bar the original 'creditor' having any legal right to do anything.

It is on behalf of ICB Insurance collection bureau working for Right Choice Insurance Brokers. Yeah, I know

they are ambulance chasers

they cant issue a claim on behalf IBC.

only who thinks they owe you money.

as long as they have your correct address ignore them.

until/unless they comply with the PAP and inc the response pack

or are stupid enough to issue a claimform.

looking at them around the net on like spoof ins fees threats...they are just letter bullies making a fast buck out of mugs.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

On 12/02/2020 at 21:01, Andyorch said:

Thanks guys, as always. 

This has me somewhat concerned? Thank you for this. I've ha d a read and not really sure what I should do with it, is this them? 

Nothing back from either yet after emailing them re sthe above. 

pers i'd ignore them now

read my last post 

and they

Monzo have returned just over a third at this point. 

As I per the original post they seem to have got my details via the car leasing firm, after leasing the vehicle I had a half dozen or so call me re insurance and warranties.

They gave quotes, all of which were above what I'd already got and no credit agreement or insurance contracts were ever signed by myself. 

Next I know £1100 is gone and I get this from Canford saying owe £316

time to put pressure on monjzo to chargeback the rest of the unlawful CPA's?? they allowed to be taken.

dx

and they

I'm doing all I can.

I've never authorised anything, no credit agreements, contracts or CPA's.

They agree that something isn't right, they failed at certain things and have refunded near £400 odd I think so far.

There's still around a grand missing in two or three transactions. 

In fact whilst they froze my account and I was on the phone, another amount disappeared.

Whislt my account was supposedly frozen.

They immediately admitted fault and rectified this though.

I've since transferred my money elsewhere to a big high Street Bank. 

Did you apply for any Insurance online with RCIB or any company associated with them ?  Did you use a comparison site and then clicked through to the Insurers website to provide your Bank card details ?

If you search for RCIB, many people seem to have a problem with them.  

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

IMHO you might be doing everything you can...but others might have better ideas.

but monzo should be refunding everything not what they pick and chose if you did not give authority to whomever took this money to do so.....

dx

and they

Quoted from op's first post.

"This all started when I purchased a vehicle and I received calls for insurance quotes and whilst they shouldn't have passed on my details and I was pissed, the more quotes I got the better I thought.

Now I need to make this clear, at no point have I signed anything,"

You don't sign any paperwork, if you buy Insurance online.  It is an electronic signature.  It says something like, if you click on this box to proceed with the quote, you agree to the terms and conditions.  It asks you for your Bank details.

The only way RCIB got your Bank details, is either you provided them or you have been subject to  fraud, where someone else has used your Bank details to obtain Insurance.  Otherwise how would RCIB know your Bank details to process the debits ?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

• dx100uk changed the title to Strange Alleged insurance debt, RCIB, ICB and Canford Law