Mortimer Clarke and a mystery CCJ letter

battyman
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1527 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello I wonder if you could help me.

My daughter in law has received a letter from Mortimer Clarke saying they owe £2100 from a debt on a loan she had in 2005,

they have said they obtained a ccj then but she cannot remember if that is the case.

They have said she has a week to contact them and if she doesnt they will send round an agent and charge her for that too.

There isnt a ccj recorded on her file but it was 15 years ago.

Should she send a SAR to find out if there was a ccj, or would that be admitting the debt if its Statue barred? 

I wonder if because of the time lapse if the ccj would no longer be live?

Also if the original account might be Statue Barred?

It does seem very odd that they are not taking further action if they have a ccj and are just threatening with an agent.

She is worried if she doesnt contact them within the 7 days they will try and get a charge on her house.

I have told her not to speak to them until we get advise.

Thank you for any help you can give us. 

Firstly, you've posted this up in a solid block of text that it makes it very difficult to deal with.

Please will you post up your stories properly spaced and is punctuated and that will encourage people who would be very happy to help you to actually come in and do that.

I would suggest that you need to send them an SAR to get all data that they hold on your daughter – and also find out specifically about the CC J.

If this CC J is older than six years then they will need to seek cause permission to enforce it.

At the same time you can tell them that you are not prepared to accept any visits from them and if they think that they can charge you for it and they got another think coming.

You can also send them a CCA request and if you know who the alleged original creditor is, send them a CCA request as well.

If there is a CC J in place then the debt cannot be come statute barred – but on the other hand, so I have already explained, it needs permission to enforce it if it is older than six years

post spaced for you.

if the CCJ was attained more than 6yrs ago, 

they would need to go back to the court to enforce it

and would suggest also that the CCJ is not even in mortimers name too.

so two very high rocks to climb over there for them to even p'haps be able to enforce a CCJ.

no stupid doorstep agent has ANY legal powers ...CCJ or not.

Mortimer have been sending 1000's of these letters out since xmas cause they didn't get as much free money from mugs that blindly pay for their xmas drinkies fund as they hoped, so are seeing if a few scary letters on old CCJ's they've bought might help them.

ignore them.

dx

• Like 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to Mortimer Clarke and a mystery CCJ letter