• Tweets

• Thanks for posting the CPR contents. i do wish you hadn't blanked out the dates and times since at times they can be relevant . Can you please repost including times and dates. They say that they sent a copy of  the original  PCN that they sent to the Hirer  along with your hire agreement documents. Did you receive them and if so can you please upload the original PCN without erasing dates and times. If they did include  all the paperwork they said, then that PCN is pretty near compliant except for their error with the discount time. In the Act it isn't actually specified but to offer a discount for 14 days from the OFFENCE is a joke. the offence occurred probably a couple of months prior to you receiving your Notice to Hirer.  Also the words in parentheses n the Act have been missed off. Section 14 [5][c] (c)warn the hirer that if, after the period of 21 days beginning with the day after that on which the notice to hirer is given, the amount of unpaid parking charges referred to in the notice to keeper under paragraph 8(2)(f) or 9(2)(f) (as the case may be) has not been paid in full, the creditor will (if any applicable requirements are met) have the right to recover from the hirer so much of that amount as remains unpaid; Though it states "if any applicable ...." as opposed to "if all applicable......" in Section 8 or 9. Maybe the Site could explain what the difference between the two terms mean if there is a difference. Also on your claim form they keeper referring to you as the driver or the keeper.  You are the Hirer and only the Hirer is responsible for the charge EVEN IF THEY WEREN'T THE DRIVER. So they cannot pursue the driver and nowhere in the Hirer section of the Act is the hirer ever named as the keeper so NPC are pursuing the wrong person.  
    • This is simply a scam site.  It's been shown to be a scam in the national press and on national TV. Please fill in the the forum sticky and upload the invoice you've received. In fact what you have is an invoice, not a fine, a private company doesn't have the power to issue fines.  
    • Moved to the Private Parking forum.
    • Good afternoon, I am writing because I am very frustrated. I received a parking fine from MET Parking Services Ltd , ( Southgate park Stansted CM24 1PY) . We stopped for a quick meal in Mcdonalds and were there fir around 30 mins. We always do this after flights and never received a parking fine before.  Reason: The vehicle left in Southgate car park without payment made for parking and the occupants southgate premises. they took some pictures of us leaving the car. i did not try and appeal it yet as I came across many forums that this is a scam and I should leave it. But I keep getting threatening letters.  Incident happened : 23/10/2023 I did contact Mcdonalds and they said this:  Joylyn (McDonald’s Customer Services) 5 Apr 2024, 12:05 BST Dear Laura, Thank you for contacting McDonald’s Customer Services. I’m sorry to hear that you have received a Parking Charge Notice following your visit to our Stansted restaurant.   We've introduced parking restrictions at some of our restaurants to make sure there are always parking spaces available for customers.   We appreciate that some visits such as birthday parties or large group visits might take longer and the parking restrictions aren't intended to stop this. If you think your stay will exceed the stated maximum parking time then please speak to a manager in advance.   Your number plate is scanned by our Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANPR) system when you enter our car park, and then again when you leave. If you have overstayed the maximum time allowed, you will not be notified straight away- a Parking Charge Notice will be sent to you via the post.   If you feel that a Parking Charge Notice has been issued in error, please contact our approved contractors who issued the charge in order to appeal the charge. Unfortunately McDonald's are unable to revoke parking tickets- the outcome of the appeal is final and cannot be overturned by McDonald’s.   Many thanks for taking the time to contact McDonald’s Customer Services.   Can someone please help me out and suggest what I should do next?  Thank you 
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Coast / Welcome Nightmare

bob-k
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 377 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ive been a customer of Welcome finance for 12 years having unsecured loans up until around 5 years ago when I took out a secured loan,

From memory it was around 22k (I have requested a breakdown of info from welcome so will report back with that)

Paying back currently at £250 a month until

this month and last when I had no choice but to miss the payments.

Having discussed this with welcome I asked for a breakdown of the remaining payments,

to which I was blown away to find out there are 178 monthly payments remaining at that payment amount.

By my calculations I have paid them back approximately £15 000 with another 44 500 remaining.

Im not in a position to up the payments to clear it off faster and pay less interest.

Have I any other options other than to just keep making the payments?

I haven't claimed PPI back on this account,

im going to research into that now,

however from the limited looking around I have done

I believe I am past the time limit as with this loan being 5 years old my previous 3 unsecured loans will be at least 6 years old.

Again the information above might not be totally accurate,

but its what ive been lead to believe on the phone.

Ill report back with more accurate information when I have it.

So first thing first,

Wait for the documentation requested from WFS,

Then send in the information request along with the £10 as outlined in one of the threads above,

and then start persuing the PPI aspect,

However im wondering is there anything I can actually do about the loan?

In the mean time, thanks for reading and any basic advice of what way I should move forward would be appreciated.

Thanks

Bob

an sar to welcome

get all the info.

if you have had and have refinanced

you've undoubtedly been done over by PPI rollover numerous times.

as for the current loan

have you looked at your credit file?

are there any defaults for any credit showing ?

from anywhere?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Ill get onto the SAR request over the weekend to get all the information I can from them.

I am 100% sure I have had PPI on at least one account,

I specifically remember them telling me the only way they could give me the loan was with PPi

as I was young and an apprentice so my job wasn't secure (13 years later still there)

There are defaults showing but I haven't checked in the last few weeks to see if there is one from welcome for the recent missed payments,

they are with other companies, and I am working off paying them as much as I can afford

while still maintaing my priority debts.

There is also a CCJ on there,

However I have contacted the company that requested this judgement to confirm that this has been satisfied,

They have sent both myself an the register a letter confirming that it has been satisfied,

and I have confirmed that it has now been removed from my credit report.(in the last week)

Thanks for taking the time to reply. It is appreciated.

ok if you have defaults then one more wont hurt.

I'd drop the payment to £1 PCM or whatever afford comfortably!!

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

you need the info first bob.

then we'll know what you ACTUALLY owe

after your PPI+ reclaiming

I would also stay off the phone

TELL [dont ask] them they are only going to get £xxPCM for xx mts

as a goodwill gesture

and as a reciprocal GOGW they must freeze int & refrain from levying PENALTY charges.

if they wont

drop them to £1PCM for life.

as an example>

I am currently in financial difficulties and not able to meet my normal monthly repayments.

to show my goodwill, i am going to pay £5 for 6 mts.

i will update you in 6mts time or before, should my situation change.

could you please as a reciprocal goodwill guesture,

refrain from levying any penalty charges & freeze the interest on my account.?

Should you fail to assist me during a period of financial difficulty, contrary to all the guidelines and codes

issued by the relevent bodies and authorities that govern you and the way you conduct yourselves.

i shall have no alternative but to reduce my offer to £1PCM for the rest of the life of the account,

as your actions would do nothing to help me.

i thank you for your time.

…....

then pay by your internet banking site

and get reclaiming

TAKE CONTROL

or

if you have sent the above and they refuse

then write back........

i'm sorry, but you have failed to assist me during a period of financial difficulty, against all the guidelines and codes

issued by the relevent bodies and authorities that govern you and the way you conduct yourselves.

i repeat again, the contents of my letter dated dd/mm/yyyy, for want of clarification:

to show my goodwill, i am going to pay £XX for XX mts

could you please as a reciprocal goodwill guesture, refraining from levying any penalty charges & freeze the interest on my account.

i will update you in 6mts time or before, should my situation chance.

should you fail to help by refraining from levying unlawful PENALTY charges & freeze my interest,

i shall have no alternative but to reduce my offer to £1PCM for the rest of the life of the account,

as your actions are doing nothing to help me.

This is contrary to the rules you should operate under.

disgruntled account holder

dx

and they

Fantastic piece of information there. Thank you.

Ill stop the contact by phone once I receive the first set of documentation from them that ive requested

to outline the previous payments and payment schedule for the rest of the loan.

Ill also, Next time they call (expecting it to be tomorrow)

request that all correspondence be in writing from this moment onwards

and request a copy of the original consumer agreement (although I would hope it is contained within the previous request)

Then over this weekend I will draft up the SAR letter,

arrange the £10 Postal Order send that to their head office,

and draft up another letter following your outline above,

send it to the darlington office who hold my account and get them both in the post on Monday.

Thanks again for all the help, It really is appreciated.

Ive had my head in the sand for too long with this.

I guess im also partly lucky though, being in northern Ireland there is no doorstep recovery,

and they don't have a local office in Northern Ireland anymore

doesn't matter about doorsteppers

they ARE NOT BAILIFFS

and have

NO SUCH LEGAL POWERS.

IMHO the sar is your priority here

dx

and they

do it tomorrow

simply print the SAR

go get a £10 PO

Post them off

at the same time in the PO get free proof of posting.

have you moved in the timespan of all these loans with welcome?

the quicker you get the info the better.

dx

and they

I would

to stop any chance of confusion

include a list of your passed addresses.

at the top of the sar

• Thanks 1

and they

• 5 years later...

Im looking for a little (Or a lot) of help

in 2007 I purchased a house under a Government Funded Co-Ownership scheme,

then later in 2007 I took out a loan with welcome.

(it had been refinanced a number of times over the years and now refinanced in to a secured loan)

I couldnt afford the repayments, and after being young and stupid for a while I decided I would try and get my finances back on track, and made a payment arrangement with them, Which was fine until COAST took over the loan.

The numbers -
Original Loan Amount £20k (just shy of)
Paid So Far £20,045
Balance £15,900 (&Change)
Of which £10k is arrears.

Since then, Ive gone back over the documentation with my mortgage company, and co-ownership scheme, and not knowing (and reading, young, stupid) at the time its prohibited to take out a secured loan on a property.

The property is also substantially in negative equity.(valued at around 60% of original purcahse price) Welcome had these documents at the time (to the best of my knowelge)   

Coast have now made me aware that they may take legal proceedings to recover the debt,

But Ive managed to get them to agree a formal arrangement for a few months.

Ive also noticed they have just appeared on my credit file, so no doubt all my good hard work will be sacrificed now.  

Can they start reporting now that this account is in arrears?

IE bad marks moving forward?

Or only at the time of the arrears?  

My credit rating was just starting to improve too

Since then, Ive got married, Moved out of that house, (its now rented because it cant be sold) and moved in to my wifes house.

to whom I pay rent. (rental of the original property covers most of its own costs) and we have not long had a baby, so needless to say this couldnt have come at a worse time and Im a bit worried.

Ive requested a copy of the original agreement from Coast, as I can not find the original

Any advice on what to do or how to proceed forward with this?

it cant comeback on your credit file as it was defaulted +6yrs ago I bet.

old and new threads merged.

so you never bothered to do the sar in 2014 when advised above?

and you've been paying all this time without ever coming back here?

• Thanks 1

and they

Yes. It would have defaulted more than 6 years ago. 

nothing is showing on my credit file as yet, just a notification to say that the account had been added.

In that case I don’t have anything really to worry about here in that regard as the account already defaulted?

In that case I struggle to see why they are reporting to the credit reference agencies, but ok. 

You would be correct in that regard.

I have had some stuff happen that simply took priority over this, and then it was just forgotten about until Coast made contact with their threats of legal action etc.

Id have probably paid to my arrangement for the rest of my life and forgotten about it.

The interest is frozen and it was such a nominal amount. 

I take it that is no longer the reccomended first step to send the SAR to welcome since they have now closed?

Can I still get some help here or so I need to seek elsewhere?

thanks

rob

Sorry. Just to add. 

I haven’t been paying them the contracted amount.

And the interest has been frozen on the account 

I'm sure that @dx100uk will be along to answer your latest questions. Although it's Sunday and it may not be today.

• Thanks 1

ofcourse you can send welcome an sar

let's get the truth on what really happened here.

memories can play tricks esp as this was a consolidation loan, and probably full of all manner of unlawful reclaimable penalty fees and insurances.

there are a few threads here regarding coast. use our search top right and go READ THEM, get upto speed.

none as far as I remember went anywhere other than willy waving.

read these:

https://cse.google.com/cse?cx=partner-pub-8889411648654839:3134625398&q=welcome coast&oq=welcome coast&gs_l=partner-generic.3...4479.8772.0.9118.13.13.0.0.0.0.195.1054.12j1.13.0.gsnos%2Cn%3D13...0.4313j1704049j13...1.34.partner-generic..13.0.0.InoNopg4ABI

• Thanks 1

and they

@dx100uk thank you for the link about the SAR. I’ve had a quick scan and it’s very detailed, I will read it properly tonight and write up the request and post it off tomorrow

should I be sending that to Coast as well? Or do I just stay as-is with them for now?

Ive has a read over a fair few threads on here about Coast/Welcome but I didn’t find any that had a positive result/outcome. Most still seemed to be in discussion. 

I will read some more. 

one final thing. Is the address correct as found on google for where to send the SAR?

or does it need to go to the liquidating company?

thanks again. 

Edited by bob-k

welcome are not in liquidation they still exist.

I would not go poking Coast until/unless you get a letter of claim or something from one of the numerous fake/tame paperwork only solicitors they use letterheads from.

as you've already spotted , which backs up what I said earlier, Coast just willy wave, so threads turn into a discussion because they actually never do anything other than threaten even if they do goto court if you read the Cruz thread (sorry its long) they have little legalwise to backup their claims IF things are defended PROPERLY ...hint hint don't go head in sand.

and they

Ed Boyle and Ben Leith of KPMG LLP and Sarah Rayment of BDO LLP were appointed as Joint Liquidators of Welcome Finance - in Liquidation - on 16 December 2019.

http://www.wfs.co.uk/

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

that’s what I saw earlier when looking for an address to send the SAR too. 

I’ll have a read over those threads, sort the SAR and hopefully something comes of it

ive already read something about a CCA? That others have sent to Coast, but I’m not sure what this is or if any benefit, so will leave them for now as @dx100uk has said. 

as far as I am aware and I'll check this but I know someone local to me that sent an sar certainly over the xmas/new year period to welcome and got all their data, theres has been sold to coast too,

though he did say he had a letter from coast stating that the charge should have been removed by welcome as coast were prevented from changing it to their name by LR when they tried.

sadly as with the OP above, he is busy with the coming lambing too and so will me and the dog..so confirmation of where it came from might be a while...

though again someone here on CAG got theirs from coast (sar)

and they

Is it worth me then querying with land registry as to what charges are on the property? And if so is there a correct way to go about it?

On the letter I received recently from Coast, it states that the default date is 18/2/15, so will still appears on my credit file which isn’t great, but not too bad. I’d be intrigued to see if that lines up with whatever may come after the SAR to welcome

they have also enclosed a copy of the loan agreement for this loan, but not the previous from the roll overs. 
Along with that is a mortgage agreement (or so it seems) however it is not dated on this copy at least which is very odd. 

I have the SAR sorted and will post on way to work tomorrow and see what welcome come back with 

goto the .gov.uk land registry site 

only cots £3

make SURE its the .gov.uk site else you'll get scammed +£40.

dx

and they