Allen - vs - Natwest

nattyallen

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5529 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there everyone

I would firstly like to thank all of you on this site that have given me the insight and courage to take on the big bad banks, you truly are an inspiration and i would have never thought this possible without your words of encouragement on the many posts i trawlled through.

Well i thought i would start my own thread and keep people updated of another (hopeful) victory against Natwest, i feel empowered now to be in a position to try and reverse my spiralling situation that has been entirely caused by the harsh and ridiculous penalties imposed by my bank, as we all believe.

I issued my request for refund on the 11 November 2006, i didn't think i had a response and this morning wrote my LBA, signed, sealed & sent...

I nipped home at lunch and found the response to my request for a refund sitting on the mat, as you can see my name is Miss Allen, the letter addressed to Mr. Cartwright (whoever he is!!), the same old story... we believe our charges fair.. blah ...blah ...blah!! however as a gesture of goodwill we will offer you £342.00 as full and final, i have done the mandatory decline, but will post tomorrow, glad to have received a response, it finally feels like i am getting somewhere!!

Well the ball is indeed rolling, i am feeling quite positive, but understand this path is rarely smooth, so optimistically looking forward at the moment :) .

I wanted to wish you all good luck with your own personal battles and also great thanks to the moderators etc who without i would be a very poor and unhappy individual.... i will definitely be donating to this very worthy cause on receipt of my bank charges ;)

I will keep you all updated with any problems i encounter that aren't covered elsewhere.....

NHA

Hi again Bottomburp

I didn't send Via recorded no, probably a wise idea given how they aparently never received my SAR, eventually got that sorted though!!

Think i will send tomorrows letter recorded as you sugessted, i'm a little too far from the branch to pop in, but agree that would give a certain sense of satisfaction!! Might try to grt a longer lunch break!! ;)

I only ever received my statements by sending the SAR, i've read of people demanding the details of manual intervention, will this help my case any, what does it actually highlight to help my claim??

Again many thanks for your help, greatly appreciated :D

Yeah you're possibly right, it can only make my case stronger if there is no manual intervention, an automated system for charges etc means less cost to the banks!!

Thanks for your advice, i will keep everyone updated!!