BankFodder BankFodder

Several times in the past few years I have been asked wether or not a person legally has to pay council tax?.I have been aware of something called a freeman of the land?.As far as I am aware, council tax is legally to be paid under a 1992 act which name I forgot.I think it is something like the government finance act 1992.Please correct me if i am wrong.

Anyway, I came across a Freedom of information request to Havant county council.The person concerned argued that he is not liable for council tax.The council argued that he is.Here is the askers reply to the council,who did not reply back to him

"

Dear Nigel Smith,

Thank you for your reply. As you stated this tax comes under the Local Government Finance Act 1992. All acts require consent to be given the force of law, they are rules and regulations of society. They are not law. There is no law requiring anybody to pay tax of any kind. All taxes are made out to a legal body, Mr,Mrs whoever and not to the human being. This is why many judgements made in court with regards to council tax usually fall apart at the very beginning if the person defending themselves understands the law. Because the tax is against a piece of paper (birth certificate) and if there is no human to represent the legal fiction then there is nobody to pay. You presented many legal arguments for the tax but no lawful argument. As you are aware all acts fall under marine law (law of the sea) and have no power on land where common law (law of the land) is the power. These acts all require consent, and to say otherwise is being untruthful is it not?

Your council is a registered company, with the objective one would assume of making money. If you wish to take money from somebody for a service under law that would require a contract, without a contract we do not know what service we are receiving for money paid. A company can only use company rules (legal acts) against another company (a person Mr.Mrs...)to enforce the collection of monies.

Also as mentioned statutes are rules and regulations of society, and society is a group of like minded people acting together. A birth certificate is taken as proof of membership to the UK society, but should one wish to withdraw from this society as one can do from any group they are a member of, then the rules of that society no longer apply.

If taken to court and tried under common law not statute law, you would find that the case would be short if it was heard at all. as has been the case with many people i know.

Would you agree with what is stated? I look forward to your reply on this matter".

Yours sincerely,

David

Only last week, I was told that someone does not pay council tax, gas/electricity, or tv licence fees?.Is this correct, and is there an obscure law that I am not aware of??.

• Confused 1

It is very dangerous to follow any advice which is given by Freemen of the Land. Steer well clear.

• Like 1

I have always been suspicious of people wether male or female who claim they do not pay council tax, tv licence , gas/electricity etc.Especially where they claim this law says this, and that law says that etc, which is why when I am asked if a person has to pay coincil tax etc, I say yes.

FMOL is a one way street to bailiffs and police (to keep the peace, but they generally side with the bailiffs the police being clueless about bailioff powers for Council tax) attending your home to Take Control of your goods.  FMOL tends to refer to maritime Law and how the state owns you through your Berth (birth) certificate etc.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

What usually happens, and I've seen more than a few in my years working in council tax, is that they make a fuss right up until enforcement action is taken and then they disappear off in to the ether without any further updates. Typically because their master plan has failed and the council have bankrupted them or they've ended up with a suspended sentence hanging over them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Not in Wales, imprisonment for non payment of Council tax has been abolished.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!