Hello

ccs3

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5538 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all.

I joined today to ask advice for my neice who had had her car taken by baliffs. Have been on all morning now reading the horror stories of Balifs and banks. I did not realise they get away with so much and that a lot is unlawfull.

To be honest I always thought if people got high bank charges it was their fault for letting the situation happen. Then it happend to me and I realised how easily it can be done and how quickly the charges accumilate. I wish I had found this forum at the time (a year ago) then I may have fought the bank instead of just payingf the charges. Mine were only about £140 for being 64p overdrawn for 3 days (knock on effect of two very small DD's that came out in those 3 days).

The bank (Abbey National)told me I could not appeal against the charges as they were clearly set out in their terns so I paid them. The advisor I spoke to at the bank made me feel really small, she produced a pamphlet with the terms and said 'go home and read it'.

A week later Myself and hubby went into the bank and closed all 5 of our accounts. Both had personal, a joint account, savings account and a business account that had several thousand going through each month with hefty charges (as business accounts do).

Only then did the advisor say there was a 'posibility' the charges will be wavered if we stay with them.

We had already been to Barclays and opened new accounts (free business banking for six months so got well over the £140 back in saved fees).

We still get letters from them every now and again offering us new 'deals' to go back to them

I suppose whatever bank we had been with at the time the outcome would have been the same but I got a lot of satisfaction from the look on the advisors face when Hubby passed her a letter and said 'this is the reason we are leaving the bank - read it'