BPF removed Loan default under irresponsible lending, DCA Hoist won't remove their duplicate entry ***Removed***

KL2
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1416 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Morning all,

I have a quick query before I raise this default to be removed, I am currently contemplating asking for a default with Barclays Partner Finance to be removed.

The debt was for an Apple product and the amount was £884, they then sold it to Hoist Portfolio and I paid the debt off in full with no offers from me despite it being sold to Hoist as I acknowledged I've matured and should've just handled it better but circumstances meant I lost a parent and didn't really feel like doing much in life, that was a very dark place which I'm out of completely.

Over the past 6 months, Barclays Partner Finance have written to me to say they didn't help me as they should've and wasn't a responsible lender and have refunded me £500 randomly (I didn't ask, nor did I ever report anything).

Back in 2015 when it defaulted, I did ask them to allow me time to pay but apparently it's not on my account notes - but then why did they refund over 50% of the debt? I did mention the circumstances over the loss of my mother at 18 and that I had left my job (unforeseen circumstances lead me to a depressed period where I didn't leave the house for nearly 7 months).

Can I raise this as a complaint to be removed and say they have admitted they weren't responsible lenders, and didn't assist me all they could, the debt has been paid back in full with no offers etc? As well as being a gesture of goodwill due to the circumstances behind this?

Edited by KL2
Adding info

write to BPF ask if they will now remove the default as a further GOGW

then we'll tackle Hoist

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Perfect, I will write to BPF and say mention the circumstances, say that I've been refunded over half of the debt because they felt they were an irresponsible lender and didn't do as much as they could to assist me falling behind and in default, and just say as a further gesture of good will can they remove their default as it's served 5 years now.

If they agree, shouldn't the Hoist one be fairly easy to remove, just ask BPF to agree for Hoist to remove the default? Similar to what I'm doing with my o2 & Lowell debts.

• dx100uk changed the title to BPF Refunded 50% of loan due to Irresponsible lending - poss to remove default now?

If and when you deal with people on the telephone, you should always have read our customer services guide and implementing the advice there first. Keep any recordings for a long time. You will never regret it

I will certainly start recording the calls from now on, I've emailed a few people at Barclays Partner Finance, hopefully someone will pick it up in the next week or so and give me a call/email.

• 1 month later...

I had a default with Barclays Partner Finance, they sold it to Hoist Finance (Robinson Way).
They have now removed it as it irresponsible lending and in the letter said Robinson Way can now remove it,

I sent this letter to Hoist in early December, along with proof BPF have removed the default from my credit file (Hoist can also check this by pulling my latest report).

I have sent countless letters, they have ignored every single one, submit a complaint to both Hoist Portfolio and Robinson Way on 23rd December and they've not even said anything or acknowledged my complaints.

What can I do from here?

This is becoming silly now, they're not even responding, I've called and they just say they'll investigate and call me back and never do.

threads merged

inform the ICO.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 3 months later...

and?

I see you are back today

and they

• dx100uk changed the title to BPF removed Loan default under irresponsible lending, but debt buyer Hoist won't remove their duplicate entry

They removed it in the end, sorry - should've updated.

Just a quick email to complaints and they had it sorted within 72 hours.

thank you 

thread title updated

and they

• Andyorch changed the title to BPF removed Loan default under irresponsible lending, DCA Hoist won't remove their duplicate entry ***Removed***