HARLANDS/CRS Xercise4less PLEASE HELP!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 436 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey!

Over a year ago now I joined Xercise4less since at the time it was my only local gym and since I’m a student stupidly decided to go along with the annual contract since it worked out cheaper,

shortly after however my day to day timetable changed and I could no longer go to Xercise4less,

However stupidly I forgot all about cancelling the DD,

when I did finally get around to cancelling it,

I had to jump through so many hoops to find out how to cancel the DD,

therefore in the end I just kept putting it off,

Then after nearly a year I saw a DD on my statement which I didn’t recognised so I cancelled it not knowing it was Harland’s/Xercise4less,

few months go by and after receiving 0 phone calls or text messages,

only emails which were sent to an old email which I stopped using so never saw them,

I finally checked that old email and received an email saying I know owe £179 and must call them urgently to settle the debt,

Me being naive and reading this email first thing in the morning without thinking I got straight onto the phone to question the whole situation,

Since I was panicking about having to pay £179 as soon as the guy on the phone said I can pay this debt off monthly for as little as £9.99 a month

I just quickly agreed since I’m able to afford that a lot more than £179 straight up,

Therefore I paid my first amount which was £15 which is where I am at know until I need to pay my next instalment soon,

However after reading a lot of posts and topics on this forum It seems that I may not have to pay this debt off and that I may actually have a leg to stand on,

Even though this is pretty much my own stupid fault for not cancelling it and letting it build up I completely accept that,

but I just want to know whether or not it is too late to ignore them

since I have already agreed to pay monthly and have already paid for the first month,

Thanks a lot!

Jack

Hi JackieWackie welcome to CAG, shame you agreed to pay them, but all is not lost read up on the Gym threads to get an idea how the shysters at harlands work,

you probably owe a month at most if anything. have a read whilst the gym experts come along with some advice, above all don't panic.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

4 hours ago, JackieWackie said:

shortly after however my day to day timetable changed and I could no longer go to Xercise4less,

However stupidly I forgot all about cancelling the DD,

when I did finally get around to cancelling it,

I had to jump through so many hoops to find out how to cancel the DD,

therefore in the end I just kept putting it off,

at the time above (when was this pleae?) you were in contact with them?

if so you should go do a DD guarantee reclaim with your bank and reclaim all the DD's back to that date IMHO.

THEN send them ONE LETTER offering ONE month membership only with NO FEES, and if they refuse to accept the offer ignore them.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Jackie,

Can you please tell us :-

1. Approx date you joined the gym.

2. When you first tried to cancel the m/ship and/or DD mandate.

3. Did you speak to anyone at the gym about cancelling or did you just try to cancel via the gym's site.

In the meantime I suggest you cancel the DD mandate via your bank immediately. Otherwise Harlands will continue to take money you DO NOT owe.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)