• Tweets

• Yeah, sorry, that's what I meant .... I said DCBL because I was reading a few threads about them discontinuing claims and getting spanked in court! Meant  YOU  Highview !!!  🖕
    • Though it would be Highview you would  pursue. DCBL are nonentities-on their best day,
    • Yep, I read that and thought about trying to find out what the consideration and grace period is at Riverside but not sure I can. I know they say "You must tell us the specific consideration/grace period at a site if our compliance team or our agents ask what it is"  but I doubt they would disclose it to the public, maybe I should have asked in my CPR 31.14 letter? Yes, I think I can get rid of 5 minutes. I am also going to include a point about BPA CoP: 13.2 The reference to a consideration period in 13.1 shall not apply where a parking event takes place. I think that is Deception .... They giveth with one hand and taketh away with the other! One other point to note, the more I read, the more I study, the more proficient I feel I am becoming in this area. Make no mistake DBCL if you are reading this, when I win in court, if I have the grounds to make any claims against you, such as breach of GDPR, I shall be doing so.
    • Six months of conflict have also taken a heavy economic toll.View the full article
    • the Town and Country [advertisments ] Regulations 2007 are not easy to understand. Most Council planing officials don't so it's good that you found one who knows. Although he may not have been right if the rogues have not been "controlling" in the car park for that long. The time only starts when the ANPR signs go up, not how long the area has been used as a car park.   Sadly I have checked Highview out and they have been there since at least 2014 . I have looked at the BPA Code of Practice version 8 which covers 2023 and that states Re Consideration and Grace Periods 13.3 Where a parking location is one where a limited period of parking is permitted, or where drivers contract to park for a defined period and pay for that service in advance (Pay & Display), this would be considered as a parking event and a Grace Period of at least 10 minutes must be added to the end of a parking event before you issue a PCN. It then goes on to explain a bit more further down 13.5 You must tell us the specific consideration/grace period at a site if our compliance team or our agents ask what it is. 13.6 Neither a consideration period or a grace period are periods of free parking and there is no requirement for you to offer an additional allowance on top of a consideration or grace period. _________________________________________________________________________________________________________________So you have  now only overstayed 5 minutes maximum since BPA quote a minimum of 10 minutes. And it may be that the Riverside does have a longer period perhaps because of the size of the car park? So it becomes even more incumbent on you to remember where the extra 5 minutes could be.  Were you travelling as a family with children or a disabled person where getting them in and out of the car would take longer. Was there difficulty finding a space, or having to queue to get out of the car park . Or anything else that could account for another 5 minutes  without having to claim the difference between the ANPR times and the actual times.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Melanite/Assent Mortgages arrears - Eviction cancelled - ***Resolved Eviction Quoshed****

TonyLeeds
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1511 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good Afternoon

On Thursday morning 30.01.2020  I received a frantic phone call from my wife who told me that she had just been to Leeds county court over mortgage arrears and had been unsuccessful and that we were to be evicted a 12.45 the following Day Friday 31.01.2020.

I had no knowledge of any arrears as my wife has always done the family financial stuff whilst I concentrate on providing for the family and she has effectively kept the ongoing legal issues from me.

I rang the mortgage company Melanite who then told me that we'd had multiple suspended possession orders over past 12 years and that they had used threat of Eviction 22 times over past 12 years to ensure we cleared ongoing arrears issues ! all this was news to me.

They told me that arrears were £6650 and the only way I could stop eviction was to pay in full,

I told them that i'd do my upmost to raise the arrears but as an extra measure I submitted a N161 to court to appeal against the Judges decision to uphold the eviction,

the court subsequently stopped the eviction with a new hearing set for Thursday 6.02.20.

I successfully raised the arrears amount through a family member and paid Melanite the full arrears on Friday 31.01.20 on the basis that they would cancel any further action and that i would take control of the Mortgage repayments.

My concern is that it would appear that Melanite haven't cancelled all action and that i'm still going to have to attend court on Thursday  6.02.20

I've been in touch with Ascent Legal and they have confirmed that they're going to be in court on that date for an application hearing.

Any Suggestions would be hugely appreciated as i don't know if there's still chance that we'll be evicted even though I've paid the arrears.

Kind regards

Tony

• dx100uk changed the title to Melanite/Assent Mortgages arrears - Eviction cancelled - Arrears Paid - but Assent won't Listen

simply contact Melanite and tell them to call their dogs off.

i'd also be getting an sar running to Melanite as I bet you have £100's in unlawful penalty fees like letter/phone call/arrears PCM fee/it's raining today your fault fees that you need to challenge and get taken off the mortgage total.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I spoke to three separate people at Melanite and confirmed multiple times that paying the arrears would stop any further action but only once the payment had been taken and the lady i was speaking to realised that the court had stopped eviction pending appeal on Thursday did she change her tact and say that i'd still have to attend court and repeat my proposal to a judge.

I have no faith in Melanite

Do as DX suggests re the SAR, there will be loads of fees that are unlawful penalties and they will have to be removed off the Mortgage total, that doesn't prejudice you in any way, it  is reclaiming money that should not have been charged in the first place.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

you shouldn't ever be using the phone to the fleecers or their dogs

writing ONLY from now on.

why not ring the court and tell them the arrears were paid on XX date and has the hearing been cancelled by the claimant?

if they say no, ask them what you need to do to ensure it is as attending is not an option for you?

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

My worry is that they've taken the payment and now realise that they may still have an opportunity to evict on a point of law as apparently my ignorance to the arrears may not have been sufficient reason to appeal, do you suggest that I attend court ?

kind regards

Tony

doesn't work like that

but if the case still goes ahead yes you must attend.

however ring the court as advised, might be worry about nothing.

dx

and they

It would appear that my wife had been to court numerous times previously and made arrangements to pay etc. and that her attending on Thursday was the end of the line. I only submitted the N161 appeal on advise of duty solicitor and my concern is that that there's no legal grounds to appeal.

Melanite are so slippery I've asked them to cancel further action as per our agreement prior to my paying but they are insistent that the Judge be aware of my promises to take over.

Does anyone have any experience with how submitting the N161 form actually works?

Kind regards

Tony

or more truthfully she jumped everytime they kicked her instead of fighting back.

although this is long winded,

it sort of runs with your timeline of things to date and could be useful

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/289279-too-late-too-many-defaults-eviction-31-jan-kensington-mortgages/?tab=comments#comment-3510689

so have you rung the court yet today and asked,??

bet not and they'll probably be closed now as its gone 4pm

dx

and they

Definitely attend the hearing - take a statement with you to hand to the judge and print off proof from your bank account that the arrears amount has been paid.   If you need help with the statement please let me know and I'll help you draft it.

• Like 2

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

send it via a private message

if you want send it to me and i'll add ell-enn to the conversation off the public group.

dx

and they

Got the info via private message thanks and have replied so I think we're good to go now :)

Good luck with the hearing and don't forget to let us know how you got on.

• Like 1

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

:rockon:

and they

Hi dx100uk

Send me a pm and i'll forward eveything so you can also check out that i'm not missing anything... sorry if I seem paranoid but I really am that frightened of going to court on Thursday.

kindest regards

Tony

ell-enn is the master by far.

and they

Tony,  just remember - if there are no arrears there can be no eviction :)

• Like 1

Ok Folks

So this week has to be one of the toughest I've ever had but thanks to the help and support of Ell-enn I can now breath easy and I might even manage to get some sleep this weekend.

I attended court yesterday for an application hearing with a circuit judge as I'd submitted a N161 form to appeal against the Judges order last week that the eviction should go ahead.

On Ell-enns advise I submitted an up to date statement of facts which explained that I'd paid off the arrears and also had my house valued which  showed that I wasn't in a negative equity situation I'd also printed off a copy of my bank statement which proved the payment had been made and also included the valuation from the estate agent, I emailed these to the court the night before my hearing but also made three copies of all of these items to take with me.

The hearing was in an actual court room which initially I found intimidating, I'd taken along my brother for moral support and made sure that I was smart and presentable as I intended to represent myself.

At 11.30 on the dot an usher came out and asked  for all persons involved to go into court and then shortly afterwards asked to stand whilst the judge came in, the solicitor acting for the Mortgage company stood and recited the original order to evict and then it was my turn, I stood up and confirmed my name addressing the Judge correctly as "your honour" I asked him if he'd seen the updated statement and he waved his copy at me to indicate that he had It at this point I gave the Mortgage companies solicitor a copy of the updated statement bundle and was asked to sit down.

About a minute later the judge asked me to stand up  and said "You must have had quite a shock last week, you are not getting evicted from your home please keep up the payments, good afternoon and good luck " he then instructed that his order be worded that there was no need to appeal as the mortgage wasn't in arrears.

This has been an awful experience for me as I suffer with social anxiety and get really stressed out being out of my comfort zone but the advice that Ell-enn gave me was absolutely fantastic and allowed me to conduct myself with confidence and credibility.

Once again thank you so much for your help.

Tony

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Great thanks for letting us know.  I have amended the title to show the result.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

what wonderful news and hats off to you for the way you have handled all this.

now time to hit back

get an sar off to them and line your pockets with reclaiming.

and they

There will be loads of unlawful letter, and other fees in there, you will be surprised how much these companies make from arrears management.  Likely they knew the real value  so wanted an eviction so they could make a few extra quid and even come knocking for shortfall made up mainly of that sort of fee, after they  flog the house off.

Well done you and  Ell-enn, who knows how to deal with sharks like these.

Well done ! Thanks for letting us know Tony, it might be helpful for others in similar positions to know that with help they can get a positive outcome.  When you get the written order from the court (might take a week or so), can you let us know what conditions are on it i.e.  possession suspended upon monthly payments being maintained etc.

Now relax and make sure your payments are made on time.

have you sent an official SAR before?

or just a letter asking for stuff?

and they