Need help with lots of different debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1529 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I just joined your group. I am not sure what to do or where to go.

I have ready so many conflicting and totally opposite opinions. Hence more confused than ever.

I have massive debt of 30k or so. They have always been paid on time but only minimum payment. Credit cards, catalogue and 1 loan. 

Unfortunately I am currently not in a position to pay any of them right now.

I tried to write to them asking for a delay and freeze but no one has responded.

Please can someone help?

Thank you

Jsa

HI JSA - Welcome 

Post here for your debts. I would suggest listing them here and then create a thread for each creditor :)

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/114-debt-subforums/

FKO

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

• BankFodder changed the title to Just joined your group - Big debt help needed

In addition to the above advice, do not write to anybody or contact them until you have checked with us.

Hi

I'm in a very difficult spot. I have always paid every single credit card and loan on time whether its minimum payment or sometimes a little extra.

However I am not in a position due to some personal circumstances to pay any of them back right now.

I did send them letters asking them to put a hold and give me some time but no one responded.

I feel very ashamed about not being able to pay these back and disclosing the amounts makes me even more distressed. Sorry for the drama.

I work for myself and my job is currently not able to pay me anything more than £150 a week.

As i'm building the business up.

I have my family to support and get tax credits.

The debts are to:

Virgin media credit card 

Capital One

Vanquis 

American Express

M&S Bank Loan

Very Catalogue

I haven't paid anyone since November last year as that was when everything changed.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Thank you kindly. I have done that now.

Virgin media credit card 

Capital One

Vanquis 

American Express

M&S Bank Loan

Very Catalogue

So all the above were last paid Nov 2019 the minimum payment..have you received any Default Notices yet ? 

Can you provide a rough date to the age of each agreement ?

In the meantime send the following to each creditor..follow the instructions within the template. Start a file for each creditor with a copy of the letter and any responses and retain all letters in connection to defaults.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

and stop ever using the phone from now on

if they ring 

simply state writing only please

put the phone down do not engage.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

The phone calls are designed to push you into something that might be detrimental to you,put you under pressure and they will take advantage of your situation.  This is why writing is the best option, it also leaves a paper trail (don't forget to get free proof of posting at the Post Office).  Do not communicate by Email either, this is just another option for them to harass you.

Remember you are under no obligation to talk to anybody. I still have a DCA calling me on a long ago Statute Barred debt. They are very smart , the caller ID shows a different mobile number every time. I have to answer because it could be a customer.  I am always very polite and respectful to them when they ask me my name.  ' Sorry , I  don't know who you are, this could be a sc@m so I can't give you any details, write to me if it's important'.  

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thanks for the advice and help.

I am not sure about the agreement periods. Most of the credit cards are over 5 years old.

The loan is 1 year old. They have written to me giving me 60 days grace so I can make them an offer. Unfortunately I am so stuck right now I can't offer them much. 

Very is also about 5 years old they said they would put a hold on the payments but haven't and have added almost £2000 since November as the balance was about £4000 owed.  I wrote to them but have had no response.I'm not sure if I have the correct address if anyone has it I would be grateful.

American express have not bothered to respond again maybe the address is incorrect as it is just a PO Box. They have sent me warning letters about payment and sending the debt to a debt collection agency. It's insane because i've never once missed any payments.

I wrote to Vanquis and Capital One but they have not responded. I don't know again if the addresses are correct.

How do I find the correct addresses to send the letters to?

I am beyond stressed as I want to pay back what I borrowed, my current circumstances don't allow it and I just need some help.

Thank you for your help

Jsa

How do I find the correct addresses to send the letters to?

Some of them will be here in the relevant sub forums of each creditor...otherwise Google ?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

On 03/02/2020 at 08:22, BankFodder said:

In addition to the above advice, do not write to anybody or contact them until you have checked with us.

Hi I am searching for the template that I should send to the creditors but can't find it? Could you please point me in the right direction?

thank you again

what template for what?

if you mean the pro rata one 

andy posted it in post 6.

dx

and they

we haven't said to send anything of the sort.

and they

i'm really confused now sorry?

I thought this was what i'm supposed to do? 

'In the meantime send the following to each creditor..follow the instructions within the  template. Start a file for each creditor with a copy of the letter and any responses and retain all letters in connection to defaults.'

that's our prorata letter ...yes

but doesn't ask them to hold anything till you do an I&E

the I&E should be sent with it if you read its text.

and it gets sent to the list andy gave you in that post above.

are all these debts still owned by the original creditors?

and not now sold to a DCA?

and they