CEL PCN CCJ - Leeds Rd Retail Park hudds HD2 1YR - friend ignored everything!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1515 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I have used this amazing forum before with the great advice given but just wanted some quick advice on a subject for someone else.

this is for a friend who doesn't even know how to work a computer and I don't want to be doing all the donkey work for him as it is not my issue and don't want to make it so as he would not be able to do anything himself.

I am not looking for some in depth advice where I read through old sticks and prepare paperwork etc but would love a quick reply as he is panicking.

he got a parking ticket in 2016,

he received numerous letters and just ignored it as advised by someone else.

Well the other day he got a letter from Civil enforcement Limited saying that they had issued a CCJ against him, giving him a claim number to check if he wished.

They then said they have issued a judgement and now intend to apply for you to attend before a court officer for questioning about your income etc

We may then enforce the judgement through an attachment of earnings....then threatening ballifs...the court fees of this is at least £265 etc

We hope to avoid taking this action against you if possible, As a final effort to settle this matter you can pay £263 as final settlement of this judgement debt if you pay within 14 days. If you don't pay we may commence enforcement fr the full amount.

my question is, is it better for him to pay it now?

This being he would not know how to implement the advice of taking this on.

If he pays it will the CCJ still stand?

Is there anything else he should do or not do?

He is willing to pay it if that's the end and they are not bluffing but doesn't want the CCJ,

again I really don't want to get too involved with it not being my problem so all answers to the best quick resolution is much appreciated.

Thanks

Or has your friend moved since February 2016?  Correspondence might have gone to the wrong address.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

As a pdf plkease, as that way only registered and logged in Caggers can view it, as a jpeg posted directly anyone can see it, and that's not a good idea. If you give the info requested, we can loook at if there is any way to challenge the default CCJ, before having to cough up What date was the actual CCJ issued?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

So it seems your friend has thrown away letters from the court, which was a very bad move.  He needs to call the court tomorrow and find out when the hearing date was, as unfortunately if he is very late even if the pays the CCJ will stand.  Then please come back on here tomorrow (even better if he would come on himself) and we can discuss the options.

• dx100uk changed the title to CEL PCN CCJ - CEL say they are going to enforce with bailiffs if he doesn't cough up now!

I've put the letter back up as a pdf now.

karen there is no quick fix

and you can't simply deal with it by passing on a quick fix.

the CCJ will be real and live as ai suspect he just threw everything in the bin.

to set aside the CCJ costs £255 and I can't see a reason too to be honest.

the best bet might be to accept the without pred settlement of £265 and move on

on the only issue there is the CCJ will still show for 6yrs even though its settled.

a prime example why you don't

ignore a letter of claim

nor a court claimform!

dx

• Like 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to CEL PCN CCJ - Leeds Rd Retail Park hudds HD2 1YR - friend ignored everything!

By the way he does not own that car anymore if this makes any difference which I doubt, he also just messaged me saying the judgement was put on in 2017, his partner just looked it up and he has excelled at credit score, rated as excellent

No I wasn't suggesting there was a quick fix, just something I could advise him without me getting really involved with it as he honestly can't even switch a computer on, never mind log in here and start trying to follow the advice. 

Edited by karel35

If that CCJ was from 2017, has he moved in that time and they have just found him?

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

No he lives at the same house, I am only going on what he has told me, not sure how his partner found that out but no, he has never moved, just kept throwing 4 years of letters in the bin so not sure what he got or when, he was more freaked by this one I guess and asked me if it meant anything serious

so almost 3yrs have gone off the CCJ timer anyway so only 3 to go before it vanishes.

so p'haps better to just pay it.

I certainly cant see any reason why the CCJ should be set aside nor a defence for the original speculative invoice.

good to know its not on his credit file, that's strange?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

He can still get a set aside but will need to put some work in.

TBH anyone who has acted in the way he has so far probably wont want to make the effort to do things properly so ask him to create an account and engage with this thread so we can get the ins and outs of the history and advise what to do if he does want to take it on.

It will cost him £255 up front to fight this if ther is still time.

As for CEL.s threats,

they need to get him to fail to show up and then get another costs order to make their threats a reality,

a debt of a couple of hundred isnt enough on its own hence the ramping up.

The other thing is that he can be done for contempt if he doesnt pitch up for this one as well if they have used the right process.

The CCJ will stay on his file even if he pays up now and he wont lose any more money if he does fight it,

more liklely he will clear the CCJ and get a few quid for his wasted time...