• Tweets

• it is NOT A FINE.....this is an extremely important point to understand no-one bar a magistrate in a magistrates criminal court can ever fine anyone for anything. Private Parking Tickets (speculative invoices) are NOT a criminal matter, merely a speculative contractual Civil matter hence they can only try a speculative monetary claim via the civil county court system (which is no more a legal powers matter than what any member of Joe Public can do). Until/unless they do raise a county court claim a CCJ and win, there are not ANY enforcement powers they can undertake other than using a DCA, whom are legally powerless and are not BAILIFFS. Penalty Charge Notices issued by local authorities etc were decriminalised years ago - meaning they no longer can progress a claim to the magistrates court to enforce, but go directly to legal enforcement via a real BAILIFF themselves. 10'000 of people waste £m's paying private parking companies because they think they are FINES...and the media do not help either. the more people read the above the less income this shark industry get. where your post said fine it now says charge .............. please fill out the Q&A ASAP. dx  
    • Well done on reading the other threads. If ECP haven't got the guts to do court then there is no reason to pay them. From other threads there is a 35-minute free stay after which you need to pay, with the signs hidden where no-one will read them.  Which probably explains why ECP threaten this & threaten that, but in the end daren't do court. As for your employer - well you can out yourself as the driver to ECP so the hamster bedding will arrive at yours.  Get your employer to do that using the e-mail address under Appeals and Transfer Of Liability.  
    • good you are getting there. Lloyds/TSb...i certainly would not be risking possible off-setting going on if a choice were there, but in all honestly thats obv too late now..., however..you might not never be in that situation so dont worry too much. regardless to being defaulted or not, if any debt that is not paid/used in 6yrs it becomes statute barred. you need to understand a couple of things like 'default' and 'default notice' a default is simply a recorded D in the calendar section/history of a debt, it does not really mean anything. might slightly hit your rating. the important thing here is a default notice , these are issued by the original creditor (OC) under the consumer credit act, it gives you 14 days to settle whatever they are asking, if you don't then they have the option to register a defaulted date on your credit file. that can make getting other credit more difficult. and hits your rating. once that happens, not matter what you do after that, paying it or not or not paid off or not, the whole account vanishes from your credit file on the DN's 6th b'day. though that might not necessarily mean the debt is not still owed - thats down to the SB date above. an OC very rarely does court and only the OWNER of a debt can instigate any court action (Attempted a CCJ) DCA's debt collection agencies - DCA's are NOT BAILIFFS they have ZERO legal powers on ANY debt - no matter what it's TYPE. an OC make pass a debt to a dca as their client to try and spoof people into paying through legal ignorance of the above statement. an OC may SELL on an old debt to a DCA/debt buyer (approx 10p=£1) and then claim their losses through tax write off and their business insurance, wiping their hands of the debt. the DCA then becomes the debt OWNER. since the late 70's dca's pull all kinds of 'stunts' through threat-o-grams to spoof a debtor into paying them the full value of the debt, when they bought if for a discounted sum (typically 10p=£1). you never pay a dca a penny! if read carefully, NONE of their letters nor those of any other 'trading names' they spoof themselves under making it seem it's going up some kind of legitimate legal 'chain' say WILL anything....just carefully worded letters with all kinds of threats of what could/might/poss happen with other such words as instruct forward pass... well my dog does not sit when instructed too...so... DCA's SOMETIMES will issue a court claim, but in all honesty its simply a speculative claim hoping mugs wet themselves and cough up...oh im going to court... BIG DEAL DCA - show me the enforceable paperwork signed by me...9/10 they dont have it and if your defence is conducted properly, most run away from you . however before they do all that they now have to send a letter of claim, cause the courts got fed up with them issuing +750'000PA speculative claims and jamming up the legal system. so bottom line is two conclusions.... if you cant pay a debt, get a DN issued ASAP (stop paying it!) make sure it gets registered on your file then it stops hurting your file/future credit in 6yrs regardless to what happens (bar of course a later DCA CCJ - fat chance mind!)  once you've a registered DN , then look into restarting payments if the debt is still owed by the OC, if SOLD to a DCA, don't pay - see if they issue a letter of claim (then comeback here!).        
    • Any update here?  I ask as we have someone new being hassled for parking at this site.
    • Any update here?  I ask as we have someone new being hassled for parking at this site.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Southern Water/ Shulmans claimform - water and sewerage charges ...

stephenXL
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 354 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just filed "Acknowledgment of Service" on-line via MCOL.

(Deadline 4pm tomorrow)

I ticked the box to defend all of the claim.

Question: Do I have to send "Defence N9B" off now as well? Or do I get time to file this later next week?

Be very grateful for any help

StephenXL

Advice & opinions of stephenXL are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgement. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts

no. the paperwork is just for ref if using MCOL

can you please complete this:

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks.

I will do as you suggest. Not sure how to copy and paste to my thread though, I' ll give it a go.

Will try to get it done this evening

Advice & opinions of stephenXL are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgement. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts

what is the debt? if its covered by the consumer credit act then get a CCa request and a CPR away TODAY.

if it's not covered by the CCA just send a CPR

see below.

pop up on the MCOL website detailed on the claimform.
[if mcol is not working return after the w/end or the next day if week time]
 register as an individual
 note the long gateway number given
 then log in
 select respond to a claim and select the start AOS box.
 then using the details required from the claimform
 defend all
 leave jurisdiction unticked
 you DO NOT file a defence at this time
 click thru to the end
 confirm and exit MCOL.
 get a CPR 31:14 request running to the solicitors [if one is not listed send to the claimant]

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/332546-legal-cpr-3114-request-request-for-information-when-a-claim-has-been-issued/
type your name ONLY

no need to sign anything
you DO NOT await the return of paperwork.
you MUST file a defence regardless by day 33 from the date on the claimform [1 in the count]

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Name of the Claimant ?Southern Water Services Limited

Date of issue: 13 January 2020

Particulars of Claim

1.The Claimant is a statutory water and sewerage undertaker pursuant to the Water Industry Act 1991 (the Act).

2.The Claimant claims the sum of £3698.11 for unpaid water and/or sewerage charges payable under s. 142-144 of the Act and the Claimants Charges Scheme. The sum of £3698.11 is for water and/or sewerage service provided to the defendants(s) at (address in Brighton) for the period 01/04/2012 to 31/03/2020

3.The claimant claims interest under section 69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8% a year from 01/04/2019 to 10/01/2020 on £230.19 and also interest at the same rate up to the date of judgement or earlier payment at a daily rate of £0.81.

What is the total value of the claim?  4193.30

Have you received prior notice of a claim being issued pursuant to paragraph 3 of the PAPDC ( Pre Action Protocol) ? I have not been aware of any such debt against me in regard to this account. There are two defendants listed on the claim (My ex Partner and Myself) I have not resided at the address since late 2010.  (I am listed as a tenant at that address. More info can be provided via PM, there are other legal matters related here). PM would help fill in some the ambiguities.

Have you changed your address since the time at which the debt referred to in the claim was allegedly incurred?  YES (PM for details if necessary  

Did you inform the claimant of your change of address?NA

Is the claim for - a Bank Account (Overdraft) or credit card or loan or catalogue or mobile phone account? water bills

When did you enter into the original agreement before or after April 2007 ? NA

Do you recall how you entered into the agreement...On line /In branch/By post ? NO, I was never aware of being participant to any supply aggreement.

Is the debt showing on your credit reference files (Experian/ Equifax /Etc...) ?Not showing as yet.

Has the claim been issued by the original creditor or was the account assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim.  Sourhern Water Services Ltd

Were you aware the account had been assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment?NA

Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor?NA

Have you been receiving statutory notices headed “Notice of Sums in Arrears”  or " Notice of Arrears "– at least once a year ?

Why did you cease payments?NA

What was the date of your last payment?Unknown

Was there a dispute with the original creditor that remains unresolved? Unknown

Did you communicate any financial problems to the original creditor and make any attempt to enter into a debt management plan?

At no time have I been involved in matters relating to this alleged debt. The first I ever saw or heard about this claim was 6 days after the Issue Date, when my ex-partner called to inform me of impending Court Judgement.

• dx100uk changed the title to Southern Water/ Shulmans claimform - water and sewerage charges ...

https://cse.google.com/cse?cx=partner-pub-8889411648654839:3134625398&q=Shulmans claimform&oq=Shulmans claimform&gs_l=partner-generic.3...36902.40190.2.40859.10.10.0.0.0.0.196.1198.3j7.10.0.gsnos%2Cn%3D13...0.3295j1292363j10...1.34.partner-generic..15.0.0.QPmkTk22YNg

numerous of these above get reading all of them.

9/10 SW don't have a clue the claim has been raised.

pay PARTICULAR ATTENTION to the threads whereby part of the claimed sum is statute barred, they can only claimback 6yrs from the date of the claim.

you are both jointly responsible, you must EACH do everything the other does, AOS,CPR,N180,N157,WS etc etc.

I would closely follow the recommended actions in the threads above

1st port of call is a CPR 31:14 each and get on the phone to SW tomorrow {NOT SHULMANS!!) 

also don't forget the water aid scheme too.

why has your ex not been ever paying the water bills?

and they

I think DX means jointly responsible in responding to the court claim MS

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

well both really.

he is still listed as a tenant too.

and they

why has your ex not been ever paying the water bills?

My ex has ongoing mental heath issues. 

We moved into the address March 2009:

After 3 months my daughter and I had to seek refuge from her mother(my ex).

We were asked to return for a few months in 2010.

Had to flee again soon after.

I had set up all other utilities right at the start, had to flee before getting round to arranging WS utility.

I assumed that she had set it up, in her own right. 

AOS,CPR,N180,N157,WS etc etc.

I have been very ill over the past couple of days with COPD strapped to an oxygen bottle.

Anything I should not say to Southern Water when I can contact them?

I used to be much better at this, any quick links to templates for the above please?

My ex has had a letter yesterday from Shulmans (addressed to both of us) asking to arrange a settlement to avoid judgement.

I have spoken to her to say do not contact them to respond.

Thanks

StephenXL

On 04/02/2020 at 20:44, dx100uk said:

get on the phone to SW tomorrow {NOT SHULMANS!!) 

also don't forget the water aid scheme too

no you cant drop yourself in it.

just get to speak to the legal team, as per those other threads

main point is some of the debt is statute barred 

and they

So.......Just spent the last 35 minutes on the phone to Southern Water Services (allegedly),

operator took details accessed Water account confirmed some details

(nothing apparently on Southern Water account/customer system regards any pending legal action) (operator suggested that my ex partner is charged just 20% of any rate)

then responded to my request to attempt to speak with their Litigation department.

Put on hold for 5 minutes.

Then given a number to ring.

Number discontinued.

Redirected to the same number I called originally.

Again put on hold....when answered by alleged litigation department,

I gave what I believe was a valid customer number,

they insisted on a customer reference number, which I seemingly don't have.

They wanted to know if I had legal proof that I do not live at claim address.

I do but can't provide such proof without going back to court to grant disclosure.

after some toing and froing it became clear that I was talking to someone (possibly firewalling) at UK Search.

At this point I politely ended the call,

restating that I had asked to speak directly with someone at Southern Water suggesting I would seek out alternative approach.

Attempting to get my ex to undertake exactly what I do will be pretty difficult.

I will do my best though.

I will now complete the CPR 31:14 which I am assuming I should fire off to Shulmans.

Copy to Southern Water??

Not sure, need advice. 

no just shulmans

in one of the SW claimform threads here there is I am sure a number to ring.

i'll look later. 

and they

Please treat this letter as my request made under CPR 31.14 for the disclosure and the production of a verified and legible copy of [each of the following / the] document(s) mentioned in your Particulars of Claim:

There are no documents mentioned in their POC. Should I simply  delete:

mentioned in your Particulars of Claim:

Then? Just list and request copies of all Bills/Invoices, statements of accounts, Calculations of water consumption/sewage disposal. Copies of all written/ recorded comunications undertaken between Southern Water Services Limited conducted or addressed to myself and the co-defendant in this case.

just send it as is 

shulman never respond anyway.

and they

Okey doke.

One other question.

Which address do I use?

The address used on the claim form?

Then request at the end to send all paperwork to my current address?

Or both?

I will also be sending a CPR in my ex partners name too. (she has granted permission)

lost me

are you saying that the claimform is not addressed to you where you live now ?

and they

Yes. I haven't lived at the address on the claimform since effectively 2009/10.

I remain on the council tenancy aggreement of address on claimform due to Family Court Orders granted in 2011. It's complicated I'd guess.  Not much I can say on an open forum to be honest.

Form a my previous post:

They wanted to know if I had legal proof that I do not live at claim address.

I do but can't provide such proof without going back to court to grant disclosure.

then how did you get the claimform then?
your oh sent it to you.?

you MUST update MCOL with your correct address

and always use your correct address on anything sent to any of the players in your claim.

the same applies for your OH.

you can send stuff upon her behalf but ofcourse when it comes to signing things like the N180 and your witness statements, she will need to sign hers.

and they

18 minutes ago, dx100uk said:

then how did you get the claimform then? Got a call from Ex.
your oh sent it to you.? My daughter was able to bring it to me.

you MUST update MCOL with your correct address The section on MCOL asks for address if different to claim, so already done

and always use your correct address on anything sent to any of the players in your claim. Understood.

the same applies for your OH.

you can send stuff upon her behalf but ofcourse when it comes to signing things like the N180 and your witness statements, she will need to sign hers. Understood.

Reponse to your post highlighted in red.

I used to be good at all this, so thanks for your help.

I'll need some I'm sure

StephenXL

Post unapproved.....Stephen what does it state  in bold /red at the top of the CPR 31.14 ?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Apologies for failed protocols.

Please find the attached.

Will I need to provide a postal with each request?

CPR proof.docx

Fine...no the CPR request is free.

Cool, thanks. I'll get these off right away.

One last thing Address on CPR letter to Southern Water but send off to Shulmans?