AO.COM Wrong size washing machine

snowdragon
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1537 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have unfortunately had to buy a new  washer due to my last one giving up, had it over 10 years and never let me down!

I  decided to get one from ao as had  previously had items from them with no problem, and also    no one else could deliver next  day, I went for same make as already had ( Indesit )

I chose a 9KG ( last one was only a 6KG )  and thought it was a good price with free delivery ( or so I thought )

Today  washer arrived, man came to see where I wanted it and  went get washer, he seemed be on his own  until another one turned up to help him get it in, they virtually  squeezed the washer in despite me asking several times if they wanted me to open the other  door ( patio doors ) got no response

The other   bloke  disappeared leaving the older one to install the washer, it was turned sideways so did not see it until it was installed and straight away saw it was a 8KG washer and  not the 9 KG I had ordered, I pointed this out to the delivery man but he just shrugged his shoulders and said not my fault!

I have tried contacting ao via email but no response, when  I looked at the invoice I have been charged for delivery as well, cost me just over £265  altogether, was quick enough to take my money but no quick at a reply about this item 😕

Sandy xx

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

Hi

Did you when ordering click for their Installation Service or Remove & Recycle or both and does it states either of these on your invoice?

Does your invoice clearly state it is the 9kg model you ordered?

How did you pay for the product?

Also have a wee read of their Terms & Conditions on their website.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

• BankFodder changed the title to AO.COM Wrong size washing machine

Someone recently had a very good experience with this company AO.com and so maybe they aren't so bad. I think that you tried to contact them on a Saturday.

I suggest that you contact them on Monday – by email – and also call them and see what happens. Obviously you are well within your rights – but do you have the evidence of what you ordered?

You've been here since 2015 so you are very familiar with our customer services guide and you know how to be prepared before you do anything on the telephone – don't you?