Wages not the same as other employees after move.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1534 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, 

long story short, I work in a school as a catering assistant. Last Feb I moved schools (not my decision, the company’s) as the school I was previously working at ended the contract with the catering company and as I decided to stay with the company I had to move where they put me. Had a pay rise coming up in the April so assumed they had increased my pay rate to be in line with my new co-workers. Found out yesterday that I’m being paid 45p an hour less than the rest of my co-workers yet I’m doing the same amount of work (not gonna lie, more work than some) and the same hours as they are so surely I should be on the same wage? 
When I spoke to my manager he said it was because I was still under my contract at the other school - they had only changed the location I worked - but I’ve never had any correspondence about pay rises so didn’t think anything of another contract. 

is it worth chasing or do I have to just put up with the fact they are taking the absolute piss? 

Thanks

Edited by ConfusedSC