Business is insolvent help needed

ZENTRIX9
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1539 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I want to close my Ltd business with the least hassle.

I have injected over 100k of money into the business over the last few years but with the combination of, Brexit and a retail shop that didn't work out I can't carry on.

I owe HMRC about 20,000 and myself over 100k which was not just mine but family members.

I stopped trading around 12 months ago and have traded as a sole trader since then and am doing much better.

I had my accounts done up to the end of March 2019

As I paid in any money to help the business I signed over machinery and stock etc to my mother as some of the money was hers. I did this so she would not lose out, I need to know if this is legal as I am going to get a visit from HMRC.

I would like to go down the dissolution road if possible does anyone have any advise they can help me with this matter.

Many thanks

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Did you offer your Mum stock etc. in proportion to what she owed you, and on proportion to the other creditors?

in other words, if you owed 100k total, 5k of which is to your Mum, & you got 1k in, gave your mum £50 and other creditors £950 split between them : that is a fair split.

same 100k owed, 5k of which is to your Mum. You get 1k in, giving your Mum

£500 and other creditors £500: you aren’t treating your creditors equally. If an insolvency practitioner comes in (or the creditors go to court over it) the “transaction  at a preference” can be reversed

https://www.insolvencydirect.bis.gov.uk/technicalmanual/Ch25-36/Chapter31/part4A/Part 2/Part 2.htm

Edited by BazzaS

Yes I offered stock/machinery in proportion to the money loaned to me by my mother. But this was at least 2 years ago, and I didn't owe HMRC much at all, the only money I owed anyone was myself and my mother, I always pay for goods with the order.

Edited by ZENTRIX9