Logik Oven 22 months old

wkdboi1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1537 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Short story bought a Logik Induction oven from Currys in March 2018 obviously it will be out of its 1yr manufacturerwarranty.

Purchase price was £399.00 so not a cheap throw away

The heating element seems to have blown and tripped out the electrical circuit, Top oven still works but bottom(main) oven will not heat.

Given that it wont be in its 12months am I looking at a bill or would it be classed as not fit for purpose under the sale of goods and services act?

It is Curry’s, expect a battle.

I’d expect a £399 oven to last more than 2 years, but you are potentially looking at having to threaten court action, +\- getting an expert’s report to verify it failed earlier than it should.

How did you pay? (If by credit card, look at a S.75 claim)

you are covered by the CRA.

as this is outside of 6mts, ….

you will have to pay for a report to be done that you will get back should you 'win'

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

hi

get a quote stating the fault, cause and cost to fix.

call currys and go through the options to customer service, not the option for my product is faulty.

ask to speak to the out of warranty department.

explain, if you can email the quote to them, they'll give you a CC ref code.

they'll choose to give you a repair or depreciated credit.

you can also go into your nearest store and ask the knowhow guys to forward the relevant info to the 'save our customers' email department.

either way, they'll contact you after they have the information and make you an offer.

trust me this is the correct way to do it

• Like 2

Okay, well I agree with some of things here and I disagree with some of things here.

First of all, you dealing with curries – and Currys and PC World are extremely grudging about acknowledging people's consumer rights. Unfortunately they command such an enormous amount of the market, it's difficult to get goods with reasonable prices anywhere else. Frankly I would always check John Lewis and purchase from them if possible. In 14 years I don't think we've had a single complaint about John Lewis. In 14 years we've had masses of complaints about Currys and PC World.

Secondly, you are covered here by contract law. The consumer rights act merely clarifies things – but as you have now gone beyond the six months, you have lost the benefit of automatic rights of repair – but in any event, you are covered by the requirement that goods are of satisfactory quality and that they should remain that way for a reasonable period of time.

I would say that it is reasonable to give curries an opportunity to inspect it and to repair it.  I don't think it's necessary to get an independent assessment.

You can be certain that Currys will quibble on this so I think that the best advice as has already been suggested above is to get Currys to look at it, to assess the value of the repair and then when they let you know what that is, we can then start to insist that they carry out the repair for free or replace the unit. By getting Currys to inspect it, they would have agreed that there is something wrong with it and not only that if you have to issue a legal action we will know the value that we will have to sue them for.

You might be amused to know that we have had to challenge Currys before and they have initially given, for instance, on a laptop computer a repair cost of over £150 but later on when challenged and they find that they may be faced with carry out the repair themselves, they have then challenge the value of the claim on the basis that the value of the repair was far less.

Currys PC World are good to deal with because they are convenient, there are lots of around and they generally speaking offer a good selection of products. I suppose most of the time things go right and people are completely happy. However, when things go wrong with Currys or PC World, they're very nasty. I don't know who decides there consumer support policy but they're not doing their job and they need to be kicked out. Currys/PC World are prepared to spend far more than the value of the claim in simply trying to crush their customers who stand up to them.

So there we are, you have all the rights on your side. You will probably need a bit of persistence and aggression to enforce them. Start off by informing Currys of the problem and get them to look at it. They may want to charge you a callout fee to have it inspected – agreed to pay the callout fee although tell them you're not happy about it. We will help you get that back as well.

Once you know the value of everything, if you have bought this with a credit card then we can also help you to challenge Currys and also the credit card company as well.

** Update **

I have phoned and spoken to a lovely lady at Currys PC World who has opened a case said I would need to pay a £100 call out fee, however as my Ex Partner purchased the oven I need to get them to email in and transfer the ownership to myself before they can action any kind of work

So yup still stuck :(

I'm afraid that transferring the ownership to your partner will not work and you should not do it.

Please monitor this thread for a full response in an hour or so

Of course if you really do not need all the hassle and call out fee £100 and know a friend a competent one who is handy...the part costs £12.45 and take 10 mins to fit....I did the same with mine.

Check your manual for the correct part serial number and power.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/153649457432?chn=ps&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=710-134428-41853-0&mkcid=2&itemid=153649457432&targetid=856868472433&device=c&mktype=pla&googleloc=1007200&poi=&campaignid=7412990551&mkgroupid=89866911273&rlsatarget=pla-856868472433&abcId=1139356&merchantid=1130

Obviously not an option for some.....but you now have an idea of the part and price.

s-l640.jpg

• Like 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Well I have to say that beats £100 upfront and then an argument with Currys to get it back – but if you prefer to push Currys to sort it out then of course we will help you.

Because you will not be relying on some transferable warranty but because basing your rights upon the contract of sale/purchase, it will have to be the purchaser who will enforce Currys obligations. This is why transferring ownership makes no difference – and could even complicate matters because Currys are nasty enough then to turn around and say to the original contracting partner that as they don't own any more, they have lost any right of action.