Jump to content

  • Tweets

  • Posts

    • Hi Ade,   Stop speaking to them by phone and keep contact in writing only, which you've said you prefer.   Send TT a SAR by post immediately. The data you get back should enable you to see what they think you owe, and how it's made up.   Also write to BW Legal confirming you dispute the alleged debt owed to TT and have written to TT seeking data, so BWL must stop demands until TT have replied to the SAR you've sent them.
    • Please do although obviously I don’t know the facts from your side but at least I can tell you how much of a cut and paste job it is.
    • Please check back for a full reply tomorrow. However, it would help if you would introduce pergo spaces into a story full stop it's very long and especially for people with small screens it's very difficult to follow when it is so compacted.   I think this straight has become rather confused because of the third party account which we received at the outset. I think it will probably be helpful if you could repost your story but on a new thread and more openly spaced please.   Then we can start to have a closer look at it. However, as I've already suggested, I think there are two issues. The question of your liability in the accident and the problem of how you have been persuaded to take a rental car at such a high rate.    I would suggest that you hold off telephoneing anyone until we have had a closer look.before you do anything on the telephone. You have obviously had some very important conversations but you don't have any evidence of them. Although the other side may say that they have recorded them, you you may find it difficult to get hold of those recordings if in fact those recordings incriminate them in any way. for instance if they have promised you that you don't have to pay anything for the hire car, that would be an extremely useful conversation to have but you may find that it is difficult to get hold of.   please start a new thread it will be much easier to continue from there                                
    • When I sadly lost my job a while back, i reportd it immpediately to DWP as you are supposed to, but didnt realise at the time that the day I reported to them was the day before I was paid out for the last month. I was actually paid extra whem I left as it was cheaper than redundancy fort the business and at the time it was a good financial move (so I thought).   I was paid on Fri 26th Jan, they paid me out 2 months in one go. I reported to DWP on the 22nd of Han that I was made unemployed, had the letters and evidence. As they spun the story, because of their assesment dates and that, my first payment was on the 1st May and reassured that it works the other way around. That when work starts again, if I dont actually receive money from the company during the assesment period, there wont be an issue as it balances up.   Can I believe this or was it another spun story? I'm concerned that as I'll be paid monthly, (Starting on the 15th paid on the last day of the month), assment ends on the 22nd. Tha they'll take that money into consideration.   I'm just concerned due to the disparity it would cause between 4 odd months I endured with zero income because of how their system works and whatever they ahe in place to counter at this end of the claim.   Anywa, it's just awonder.   Cheers,   Ade    
  • Our picks

    • I sent in the bailiffs to the BBC. They collected £350. It made me smile.
        • Haha
        • Like
    • Hi @BankFodder
      Sorry for only updating you now, but after your guidance with submitting the claim it was pretty straight forward and I didn't want to unnecessarily waste your time. Especially with this guide you wrote here, so many thanks for that
      So I issued the claim on day 15 and they requested more time to respond.
      They took until the last day to respond and denied the claim, unsurprisingly saying my contract was with Packlink and not with them.
      I opted for mediation, and it played out very similarly to other people's experiences.
      In the first call I outlined my case, and I referred to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 as the reason to why I do in fact have a contract with them. 
      In the second call the mediator came back with an offer of the full amount of the phone and postage £146.93, but not the court costs. I said I was not willing to accept this and the mediator came across as a bit irritated that I would not accept this and said I should be flexible. I insisted that the law was on my side and I was willing to take them to court. The mediator went back to Hermes with what I said.
      In the third call the mediator said that they would offer the full amount. However, he said that Hermes still thought that I should have taken the case against Packlink instead, and that they would try to recover the court costs themselves from Packlink.
      To be fair to them, if Packlink wasn't based in Spain I would've made the claim against them instead. But since they are overseas and the law lets me take action against Hermes directly, it's the best way of trying to recover the money.
      So this is a great win. Thank you so much for your help and all of the resources available on this site. It has helped me so much especially as someone who does not know anything about making money claims.
      Many thanks, stay safe and have a good Christmas!
        • Thanks
    • Hermes and mediation hints. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428981-hermes-and-mediation-hints/&do=findComment&comment=5080003
      • 1 reply
    • Natwest Bank Transfer Fraud Call HMRC Please help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428951-natwest-bank-transfer-fraud-call-hmrc-please-help/&do=findComment&comment=5079786
      • 33 replies
  • Recommended Topics

Logik Oven 22 months old

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 399 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts

Short story bought a Logik Induction oven from Currys in March 2018 obviously it will be out of its 1yr manufacturerwarranty.

Purchase price was £399.00 so not a cheap throw away


The heating element seems to have blown and tripped out the electrical circuit, Top oven still works but bottom(main) oven will not heat.


Given that it wont be in its 12months am I looking at a bill or would it be classed as not fit for purpose under the sale of goods and services act?

Link to post
Share on other sites

It is Curry’s, expect a battle.


I’d expect a £399 oven to last more than 2 years, but you are potentially looking at having to threaten court action, +\- getting an expert’s report to verify it failed earlier than it should.


How did you pay? (If by credit card, look at a S.75 claim)

Link to post
Share on other sites

you are covered by the CRA.

as this is outside of 6mts, ….

you will have to pay for a report to be done that you will get back should you 'win'




please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Link to post
Share on other sites


get a quote stating the fault, cause and cost to fix.

call currys and go through the options to customer service, not the option for my product is faulty.

ask to speak to the out of warranty department.

explain, if you can email the quote to them, they'll give you a CC ref code.

they'll choose to give you a repair or depreciated credit.


you can also go into your nearest store and ask the knowhow guys to forward the relevant info to the 'save our customers' email department.

either way, they'll contact you after they have the information and make you an offer.


trust me this is the correct way to do it

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay, well I agree with some of things here and I disagree with some of things here.

First of all, you dealing with curries – and Currys and PC World are extremely grudging about acknowledging people's consumer rights. Unfortunately they command such an enormous amount of the market, it's difficult to get goods with reasonable prices anywhere else. Frankly I would always check John Lewis and purchase from them if possible. In 14 years I don't think we've had a single complaint about John Lewis. In 14 years we've had masses of complaints about Currys and PC World.

Secondly, you are covered here by contract law. The consumer rights act merely clarifies things – but as you have now gone beyond the six months, you have lost the benefit of automatic rights of repair – but in any event, you are covered by the requirement that goods are of satisfactory quality and that they should remain that way for a reasonable period of time.


I would say that it is reasonable to give curries an opportunity to inspect it and to repair it.  I don't think it's necessary to get an independent assessment.

You can be certain that Currys will quibble on this so I think that the best advice as has already been suggested above is to get Currys to look at it, to assess the value of the repair and then when they let you know what that is, we can then start to insist that they carry out the repair for free or replace the unit. By getting Currys to inspect it, they would have agreed that there is something wrong with it and not only that if you have to issue a legal action we will know the value that we will have to sue them for.

You might be amused to know that we have had to challenge Currys before and they have initially given, for instance, on a laptop computer a repair cost of over £150 but later on when challenged and they find that they may be faced with carry out the repair themselves, they have then challenge the value of the claim on the basis that the value of the repair was far less.

Currys PC World are good to deal with because they are convenient, there are lots of around and they generally speaking offer a good selection of products. I suppose most of the time things go right and people are completely happy. However, when things go wrong with Currys or PC World, they're very nasty. I don't know who decides there consumer support policy but they're not doing their job and they need to be kicked out. Currys/PC World are prepared to spend far more than the value of the claim in simply trying to crush their customers who stand up to them.

So there we are, you have all the rights on your side. You will probably need a bit of persistence and aggression to enforce them. Start off by informing Currys of the problem and get them to look at it. They may want to charge you a callout fee to have it inspected – agreed to pay the callout fee although tell them you're not happy about it. We will help you get that back as well.

Once you know the value of everything, if you have bought this with a credit card then we can also help you to challenge Currys and also the credit card company as well.


Link to post
Share on other sites

** Update **


I have phoned and spoken to a lovely lady at Currys PC World who has opened a case said I would need to pay a £100 call out fee, however as my Ex Partner purchased the oven I need to get them to email in and transfer the ownership to myself before they can action any kind of work


So yup still stuck :(

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm afraid that transferring the ownership to your partner will not work and you should not do it.

Please monitor this thread for a full response in an hour or so


Link to post
Share on other sites

Of course if you really do not need all the hassle and call out fee £100 and know a friend a competent one who is handy...the part costs £12.45 and take 10 mins to fit....I did the same with mine.


Check your manual for the correct part serial number and power.




Obviously not an option for some.....but you now have an idea of the part and price.






  • Like 1

We could do with some help from you.



 Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service


If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I have to say that beats £100 upfront and then an argument with Currys to get it back – but if you prefer to push Currys to sort it out then of course we will help you.

Because you will not be relying on some transferable warranty but because basing your rights upon the contract of sale/purchase, it will have to be the purchaser who will enforce Currys obligations. This is why transferring ownership makes no difference – and could even complicate matters because Currys are nasty enough then to turn around and say to the original contracting partner that as they don't own any more, they have lost any right of action.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...