HARLANDS/CRS Xercise4less

Messi10
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1514 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, 

im wondering if anybody can help me

June 2018 I took out a membership with xercise4less (I can’t recall if it were a flexible membership or a contracted membership) 

I signed up online confirmed details etc when I went into the gym with a lady at the desk.

i changed jobs feb 19 which required me working away from home so I no longer needed the gym membership.

However time went by I did not cancel my DD until July 2019 when another payment of £12.79 was taken, 13 months after I started my membership with them.

I cancelled because I believed it to be a 12 month contract and they took payment off me without agreement of another 12 month term, again I do not know now if I was contracted or was flexible.

May I point out that when I signed up I was never made aware I had to contact them to cancel my membership, most gyms I have signed up to in the past when you want to cancel you simply cancel your DD with no repercussions, it’s a bit of naivety on my part I didn’t check however.

After the cancellation of my DD, I never received any emails, phone calls or letters from Xercise4less or Harlands I believe I received a text From harlands after I cancelled but I’m not too sure.

It was only around November/December 2019 I received a text off CRS claiming they had sent me email regarding my account and I needed to contact them urgently (which I never did) I started doing research and came to this site to see other people having similar issues. 

to this day I have still not seen any emails or letters through my door and I have searched extensively through my mail box when I have received any text messages from them, so I believe they have either typed in on their system wrong information about where I live and the wrong email address which I know myself I have not given them anything false as on my xercise4less app my email address is correct and I know I wouldn’t tell them my wrong address so that’s on their head unfortunately if that is the case. 

I stupidly answered to CRS on jan 2nd 2020 but the line was bad and we made brief conversation And I said I have received nothing from them about anything but it was over within 15 seconds. the most recent text I got was yesterday from CRS stating they had sent me another email but when I checked there was nothing in my emails, even in my junk folder.

I have blocked their numbers as I do not deal with anything like that over the phone. 

im just wondering should I wait for them to send me a letter or email and ignore their text messages and odd phone calls, or should I contact harlands directly? as Of when i cancelled from July 2019 to now they’ll add quite a bit of money on to my account, I’ll happily pay a cancellation of my DD fee but I do not want to be paying any administration fees that they try to enforce. 

Hi Mess,

Stay off the phone from now on and keep contact in writing only. It will only be a matter of time before Harlands/CRS find you and start harassing you for money, so I suggest you pre-empt this as follows.

See the letter I suggested for a similar case here that you can carefully adapt to reflect your own case - https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/419798-credit-resolution-services-harlands-group/?do=findComment&comment=5031898

Make sure they have your current postal address so you know what they're up to.

Put a draft of your letter here for us to check first.

Read other threads here to see how Harlands/CRS operate, making demands and empty threats.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi slick132,

thank you for your quick reply!

so are you saying I should write to them first although they haven’t sent anything to me as of yet?

or are you saying I should ignore them until they send me a letter/email first? 

Because to this date I do not know how much they claim I owe them.

Hi Messi,

In my post above I said you should pre-empt them, especially to make sure they have your current address.

They WILL come after you soon.

Post a draft of your letter to them here for checking first.

😎

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

but just remember they can't do anything to you...

but you should never run from debt

it could open you up to backdoor CCJ's (not for this debt, but with regard to other debts)

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Okay no problem slick.

When I am back home this weekend I shall do exactly that. 

thanks dx I just want it sorted, sick of the hassle and unnecessarily stressing about it!  

speak soon and thanks again!

address

post code

Dear Harlands,

I refer to my membership at [town/city] gym.

The DD mandate was cancelled in July 2019 after I told the gym staff I was working away from home and will no longer be using the gym.

I owe for the last gym fee which was not paid for the notice period.

Please confirm your bank payment details and a reference number so I can pay you the £12.79 to end this matter. I will not pay any admin fees added by Harlands. I will only deal with this matter in writing, not by phone.

My offer is valid for 14 days and will be withdrawn if you demand any higher amount.

Yours sincerely,

Name

thoughts? The template closely relates to my case and not much needed tweaking. 

Great but I would add CRS to the sentence here - " I will not pay any admin fees added by Harlands/CRS. "

Otherwise, it's fine and print it and post to Harlands at their Haywards Heath address and get a free Certificate of Posting at the PO Counter when you send this.

Keep us posted ..........

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all. 

So I sent that letter Friday Feb 7th

it was signed for and was delivered to their address

to this date I have had no letter in response and 14 days are now past. 

I am still however getting text messages from CRS, which are being ignored

Should I now send a letter stating they have not responded? 

thanks, mess

god why did you waste money on recorded...

no you don't enter into pointless letter tennis..

end of your problems now.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Messi,

You sent the letter and sent out your terms.

You need send nothing further and should simply ignore any text msgs or emails.

Let us know if they send further demands by mail.

You're likely to hear from CRS again and they may also ask a DCA to chase you (Zinc or EOS).

They should be ignored but keep us posted.