been paying my debts since 2011.....

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 889 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys

I have a number of large loan & credit card debts that I've been paying off by the absolute minimum amount since 2011. 

We lost our business & home and have been renting since. 

None of the debts are with the original creditors now, but they have been doing the usual 'pass-the-parcel' merry-go-round for the past 8 years and have settled with the likes of CapQuest, Intrum, Cabot, CDCS, PRA Group, NCO Resolve & Moorcroft!  They also very regularly send 'offers' of settlement with up to 70% discount!

Over the years some have been sending irregular 'statements' and most nothing at all.  Every so often some contact me to discuss the repayment 'plan'.  A couple, including NCO Resolve, keep asking for an updated Income & Expenditure sheet and even a list of ALL my creditors + what I owe & pay each of them.

I always reply with the same letter or email (never phone calls) explaining my situation and the fact that I pay ALL my creditors the same monthly amount.  However, I never send them an I&E sheet or list of creditors.

So, my main question is; Is it ok not to send the requested details, as I was once advised that only a court can ask for them?

Thanks & regards.

radmm0

I hope you've CCA'd every single one of the debt owners before blindly paying up?

or continuning to blindly pay?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks as usual guys.

CCA'ed them in the early days & they all have an original copy, unfortunately!

How & when does a debt become 'statute barred'? 

Would any of my debts qualify as such, as all are more than 9 years old (since I defaulted)?

Thanks.

radmm0

you've blindly been paying them

running SB to infinity.

when did you CCA them?

and who said they were enforceable?

cant see any relevant threads of yours containing this info here

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Unfortunately a debt only becomes statute barred if it’s 6 years after you stopped paying them.

It makes me incredibly angry that people in

Your  situation are not made aware of this by law whenever a DCA purchases a debt.

Each time you pay them the SB clock gets reset. That’s why I wouldn’t pay them a penny. Rent, food and bills are your priority. Not this bunch of leeches.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I guess I have.

CCA'ed in 2012

Judging by the comments, I need to re-start things & check the CCAs they sent me.

We've moved a number of times since losing our home & unfortunately a lot of the earlier paperwork has been stored in relative's lofts & garages.  So, will have get them all back & take a fresh look.

Thanks again  DX100uk & London1971 for your guidance.

it would be much better to forget the past and CCA request everyone you are currently still paying

and they

@London1971 You're absolutely right.  I was advised by the local CAB office all those years ago for our house repossession & personal debt issues.  We were definitely given the wrong advice about the direction to take with the house and had to sell it in the end due to their 'wrong' advice and now realise that we were also given the wrong advice about how to deal with my debt.  Shocking.

Does one stop paying all of them?  Wouldn't they have a legal right to take me to court to get 'their' money?

I so believe that our Consumer Credit Laws & Private Rental Market are in need of a major shakeup.  The sooner the better!

Thanks again for your help.

Rgds.

radmm0

@dx100uk Will be doing that when I get all the paperwork back from our relatives.

Does one send the CCA letter & SAR to:

a. the current DCA

b. original Creditor

c. both a & b, or

d. ALL the DCAs involved with each debt & each original Creditor?

Thanks dx100uk.

as I said

you CCA whomever you are paying.

don't wait do it tomorrow

you don't need you old paperwork

the quicker you do it the quicker you can stop paying when any fail the 12+2 working day time limit to comply.

sar always goes to the original creditor but i'm not sure of why you need to do that unless you are looking to reclaim penalty charges.

dx

and they

I'm hearing this about the CAB from others too, I'm just not sure where they come up with this stuff. Yup I know the moral argument about paying back debts etc but surely they must know how DCA's work and that once a debt has been sold on it can be detrimental to pay it back.

As for taking you to court, it might happen at some point over the next 6 years, or might not.  Often if they can't come up with a CCA and write to you telling you it's unenforceable. This is why you make sure all of your creditors have your current address so that if you receive a claimform, you will know about it so can defend yourself.  Most CCJ's are issued because the form goes to an old address, judgement by default.

To give you an idea though, between me and my wife we had 25 defaulted debts, I didn't pay any of them a penny. We ended up with 4 CCJ's, all of those were avoidable if we had given them our correct address.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

• dx100uk changed the title to should i be filling in Income and Expenditure Sheet from Creditors & DCAs

open

and they

• dx100uk changed the title to been paying my debts since 2011.....