CTAX and parking fine debts and bailiffs advice please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1520 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I’m new here so not sure if I’m posting in the right place! 

Long story short

I separated from my now ex husband 2 years ago he ran off and did the dirty after 20 years marriage 3 children and left me with a load of debt unfortunately all in my name £33,000 in total now being a single parent and only being able to work part time

as my youngest has special needs 

my income really is mainly from benefits 

he receives dla high rate and full mobility because of his medical needs.

Its a very big struggle especially trying to pay everything run a home and 3 children 

going without all the time 

added stress with

debt collectors and now

bailiffs for council tax,

shop direct account and

a parking fine hadn’t realised mobility badge had expired! 

I’ve read loads of advice on here  and am considering filing bankruptcy 

my question is

can these bailiff debts be included in a bankruptcy or can they still chase me for the money. 

I just can’t see a way out at all what I owe will take me years and years to pay back 

life is so stressful 😢

thank you in advance for any advice given.

sorry it’s a little long winded! 

forget the DCA's

forget the shop direct CAT debts they are not a priority - drop them to £1PCM!!

start another thread for those but NO you don't need to go BK/DRO/IVA for consumer credit.

you must deal with the debts with the bailiffs lets use this thread for that.

what stage are you at

have you had a notice of enforcement yet?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to CTA and bailiffs advice

Hi thanks for replying so quick 

Had  payment plans set up they keep demanding more money I’ve sent them my monthly expenditure that shows everything and what I have to live on 

never aloud them into my home 

Xmas came I missed a payment so partly my own fault just didn’t want the kids going without! 

That's very understandable at Christmas. Don't start blaming herself. I think you're doing very well under the circumstances.

Which bailiffs are you dealing with here? Which company?

• dx100uk changed the title to CTAX and parking fine debts and bailiffs advice please

Sorry, what is "mans 1" mean?

Have you contacted Rossendale's? Have you told them that you are vulnerable and that you have very difficult circumstances? I think you should do that first thing tomorrow.

Have you contacted your local council? Have you told them that you are vulnerable? I think also you should do that tomorrow. I think you should explain how difficult it is and also that there is a disability apart from the fact that you are a single parent and you are struggling even with priority debts.

• Like 1

I've had lots of experience with this unfortunately and the best way to deal with it

Use your local Councillor, find their details on Google, Call and email them. They will get the bailiffs off your back immediately and either give you a break from payments or an affordable arrangement.

You should be classified as vulnerable too, come back here to tell us how it went

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

But in addition, I suggest that you call Rossendale's immediately and explain your vulnerability. Do this in addition to the councillor.

The councillor might take a little longer but it is more likely to be a permanent fix. However, if you explain the situation to Rossendale's, you may be able to get a short-term remedy – quickly.

Do both – belt and braces

Yes to the above too. My wife was on Chemo,  when B&S had our Council Tax, and we were 2 years behind.  The bailiffs did ignore us, but the collections dept called them off.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

I spoke to rossendales by telephone 2 weeks ago 

they are aware of my vulnerability  

one is for £225.00 and I’ve got to pay that in full

was due on the 27th just gone

I told them I wouldn’t have that amount but they wouldn’t except anything less

told them I knew I would break it to that had no response 

the second amount is the bigger one 995.00 paid 25.00 yesterday as agreed

I have to call back to arrange to pay more next month as the other one should have been paid in full by then 

should I just pay what I can afford on the missed payment one?  

they put me off calling because of how bullyish they are so thinking maybe right a letter.

with all my other debt and the amount I owe and the stress it’s causing that’s why I’ve thought maybe bankruptcy

Well in that case certainly follow the advice given by site team member @London1971 and who happens. I think you are correct to write a letter to Rossendale is to put it very firmly on record that not only are you vulnerable but also that you have tried to contact them and that they haven't followed their vulnerability guidelines

I had the best results from my local councillor always, I also copied in the elected head of the council too, who really had my back too.  

These are people who hate poverty and want to help.  A lot of them really don't like bailiffs

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, BankFodder said:

Well in that case certainly follow the advice given by site team member @London1971 and who happens. I think you are correct to write a letter to Rossendale is to put it very firmly on record that not only are you vulnerable but also that you have tried to contact them and that they haven't followed their vulnerability guidelines

Thank you I will get onto letter writing this evening 

mane again thank you for the advice I will check back with my outcome 

Make sure you renew the Blue badge for the disabled child, and display it in any car, the |bailiffs might try to take control of it Do you have a Motability Vehicle for them? as they are not allowed to seize them, also they have No Right Of Entry for Council tax. but will clamp a car, but aren't allowed to clamp a Motability Lease vehicle .

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

I’ve renewed it now had such a lot going on the past couple of years my heads been all over the place not to mention sleepless nights 

yes we have a mobility car thank goodness! 

thank you for your advice 

Councillor should be able to work very quickly to get them off your back. Make sure you call as well as Email.  They have huge powers, that can override Revenue Collections and Bailiffs.

Make this your number one priority.

Definitely good advice London1971, the council wouldn't like more evidence of how the council Revenue dept and theit bailiffs treat impoverished can't pays  if it leaked into the press, plus was punted at election time to bite the councillor on the bum, so the Councillor will want to sort this pronto If this was a Council Parking ticket and ther was entitlement to the BB, might be worth asking if the Councillor can help you get the parking one quashed as £305 of that one will be the bailiffs fees.

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

just so you understand the complete bailiff picture here a bit more clearly, as you appear to be p'haps falling for some of the things bailiff regularly intimate or threaten as the truth, just to scare you...

your priority here is the fine.

so might be best to concentrate on that one.

that could go south, but its VERY rare for magistrates to grant forced entry.

but they can't add anymore charges than they already have.

as for the CTAX one.

you get charged £75 with the Notice of Enforcement giving you 7 days to settle.

then there is a visit, that costs another £235 in fees , making a total of £310.

that is ALL they can add to that one.

there is NO right of forced entry with CTAX.

so don't fall for the threats on either one of you must pay more/i'm gonna do this etc etc.

now are you paying these, can you do so without further ringing the bailiffs themselves and getting threatened?

as for the other debts you speak of.

as I said earlier, drop them down to £1PCM there nowt they can do, they are not a priority.

give yourself a financial buffer to better deal with getting these bailiff ones off you back.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yup I got my Bailiff fees cancelled but not the liability order.

I ended up paying everything back by earnings attachment, a few years later. It took 3 years to pay it off!

But by that time my situation had improved and it wasn’t a problem

@CharlieBB If you need help wording an email to your councillor , let me know, I will send you a template.

• Like 1

Message sent.  

Bear in mind it was a slightly different problem to you.  The council had simply ignored the problem.  The councillor sorted it out within an hour and I had an affordable amount to pay.

It's also worth you explaining that you have medical and motability certificates  if necessary.

Let me know how you get on