BankFodder BankFodder

mccgirls

Been with my DMP via Payplan since 2006

I have been with PP since April 2006.

I have paid in total around £40K but still owe £14K.

I have reduced the payments over the years as I no longer work.

I have had an excellent credit rating since 2014 and all the debts listed below have never appeared since 2014.

I am now going to live abroad and unsure how to proceed.

Details are:

3 x Hoist 2 x bank accounts 1 credit card originally with HSBC/then Lewis/Hoist/HSBC/Hoist Total £2.5K (£1600 is the CC)

I applied some years ago for a CCA.

They placed my account on hold whilst requesting info from HSBC.

They sent 2 follow up letter to me saying still waiting and since then nothing

although they regularly offer me settlement letters with a 20/30%  discount.

5% on the bank accounts   

Link credit card originally Egg then Barclaycard and now Link.

CCa requested some years ago via Barclaycard and they sent a reconstituted agreement  and confirmed they were unable to provide the copy of terms for my agreement but went on to remind me I still had a duty to pay although they could not enforce.

Amount outstanding £2K

Link x 2 MBNA CC. I applied for CCA and both received (they had to request them from MBA first so took time ) Total outstanding £6K

Paragon was M&S CC CCA requested and received but by Moorgate (must be Paragon?) Amount outstanding £900

Westcott credit services was Natwest/RBS was a Mint CC sold to Westcot/Cabot and then back to Westcot CCa requested and received Total outstanding £2K

All the CCa provided a copy of the agreement with my signature. There was no PPI, I checked all that.

Im unsure how to proceed and wanted some advice, my thoughts are:

Should I give them my new address abroad?

Occasionally some of them send me a statement, but I wish they would not as this all happened before I remarried so have never shared this info with my hubby.

Do I reduce the amount I am paying via PP from the current £70 to a more affordable amount 

Should I bin of PP and go direct to them with new address and F&F offer of around 20%

( I will be in a position to offer this next month) but it would be a one of as I will be gifted some money

I will no longer be on the electoral role in the UK but do not want to cause any problems down the line.

I would just like this whole thing done with.

I defaulted in 2004 so 16 years ago and so many charges were added at the beginning, I think the debt to start with was only £45K. 

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

when did you send these CCA's out?

who said they were enforceable?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

I requested them all in 2014. In every case apart from HSBC I received a copy of the signed agreement by myself, application forms and credit agreements.

No one has ever said they were enforceable, I just received them so assumed they were 

so 6yrs ago.

pers I know what i'd do

dump PP now

send a new CCA request for each account to the people that were being paid for it through PP (PP site will give you a list)

if the dca is Moorcroft or wescot 

you send the CCA to their stated client. so paragon and cabot if you list above is correct

Hi, Yes all the info above is correct as of today. I took it from my PP account on line.  So you suggest dealing with them direct and providing my new address and apply for another CCA request?

What am I hoping to achieve with another CCa request? Im guessing they will provide me with the info I already have that they sent in 2014?

who said its was enforceable no one and it was 6yrs ago.

when are you moving abroad?

Hi,

I move end of Feb

might be better simply ignore everyone and not pay anything

move and then when settled 

send them each a CCA request

as you'll only be having to write again if you CCA now to inform of the move.

nothing no-one can do in 1 month to you that a CCA request wont make them think again.

the other alternate is not bother at all just go as long as you are leaving no property asset.

then simply write and state in now living in xxx, bye!!

6 minutes ago, dx100uk said:

the other alternate is not bother at all just go as long as you are leaving no property asset.

then simply write and state in now living in xxx, bye!!

Absolutely that is what I would do.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thank you, that is what I think also! Do you think I give them my new address abroad? There will be no property asset abroad but there will be abroad. Also Im wondering whether to offer 10/20% as a F&F just so it goes away, my concern is they wont accept. Other option is £5/10 per month as I have no income or finally ignore and let the clock tick for 6 years i think i read for statute barred?

Thanks for advice

They cannot touch you abroad, that's it.  F&F's are wasting your money, as are payments.  When I emigrated to Canada, I gave all my debtors my address. A few of them sent letters, threatening to set the Canadian debt collectors onto me, but it was just hot air.  By the time we came back to live in Blighty it was all statute barred anyway.

None of this will show on any Credit File in another country either, even if they use Equifax and Experian, really weird I know.  The reality is you are home and dry.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thank you or the advice I really appreciate it !!