moneyclaim online - particulars of claim HELP

suzyalan

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5539 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all.

I am at the stage of filing my claim on Moneyclaim online and would be grateful for a little help.

I asked for 6 yrs statements and sent £10 cheque.

The tenner was promptly banked and I got 17 months statements - some sent in triplicate. I asked for advice on this site and was told to estimate the amount to be claimed. I didnt have time to wait longer, as our first baby was due. However EVENTUALLY all statements did arrive. Funny how they ignore letters, esp LBA, until it really matters!

This amount is £2376, and the Abbey offered £390 goodwill, which I just wrote to say thanks, I will accept - as a partial refund.

My questions are:

What should I say in the particulars of claim, in light of the estimated amount? And what about the interest with it being estimated?

Am I to recalculate the charges as they DID sent 6 years statments eventually though it was well after 40 days (and the estimated amount is higher! :) ) ?

Do I need to complete the spreadsheet of charges and interest as the amount being claimed is estimated?

Is there anything else I would need to do different for the estimated amount?

MANY THANKS - Power to the People

Suzanne

Suzanne to need to amend your schedule/particulars of claim.

You cannot claim more than they owe knowingly. (edit at least in termsof charges and interest already paid)

You cannot estimate when you have the information, whenever it arrived.

HTH

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

i think i made a bodge up of my claim. i originally told lloyds they owed me around 2000 pound but hours before making a claim i got a bit of advice and had to drop a few things and it came to 1600ish (not including the 8% and court fees). i put my claim in and sat back and waited. i received lloyds defense in the post this week telling me i should be ordered to amend my claim because it was too vague and that it gave no details as to how i came to that amount. i sent a schedule to lloyds explaining how i came to this new figure but only minutes after filing the claim online. now i think im going to have to amend it because am i right in thinking that i should have sent copies of my correspondance with the bank to both the courts and their solicitors?

And what exactly is this process of amending claims? do i lose the initial court fees i paid earlier in the month and if it does need amending what do i put in this questionnaire to the courts??

please help me my knowledgable friends!!!!

Shaney

Welcome to the board, please start your own thread and post what you put in your particlars of claim and word for word what Lloyds said.

You may need to amend your claim or you risk it getting struck out.

HTH

Glenn

i think i made a bodge up of my claim. i originally told lloyds they owed me around 2000 pound but hours before making a claim i got a bit of advice and had to drop a few things and it came to 1600ish (not including the 8% and court fees). i put my claim in and sat back and waited. i received lloyds defense in the post this week telling me i should be ordered to amend my claim because it was too vague and that it gave no details as to how i came to that amount. i sent a schedule to lloyds explaining how i came to this new figure but only minutes after filing the claim online. now i think im going to have to amend it because am i right in thinking that i should have sent copies of my correspondance with the bank to both the courts and their solicitors?

And what exactly is this process of amending claims? do i lose the initial court fees i paid earlier in the month and if it does need amending what do i put in this questionnaire to the courts??

please help me my knowledgable friends!!!!

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA