Santander/Drydensfairfax Solicitors

Scrudge
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1500 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello and Welcome, Scrudge.

Could you please give the history of the debt you had tried to settle.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Hello Scott

I took out a £10k loan in 2009

after I lost my job I had to put this loan and others with the CCCS in 2010

the balance of the loan is £7k

they have been getting £9.64 a month but that has now had to drop to £5 a month due to my circumstances changing

I offered them £2000 Full Final Settlement as my sister has offered to lend me the money but they have said no,

and wrote to me saying they are under no obligation to accept anything less than the full outstanding balance,

which is disappointing as I do not know how long I can even afford to give them £5 a month.

Regards

Nicky

you wont get a settlement on £2k on a £7k loan, no way!

are you getting yearly or better statements?

not got PPI or charges levied have you.

there not much you can do really

there are letters in the library green tab top left

to try and get them to write it off

might be worth a try.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hello

I am on benifts

three children

mortgage with charges on property

so no borrowing power

this Santander loan was unsecured thought

an offer of £2000 was reasonable as now they would only be getting £5 a month

they have stopped interest

no ppi and

I have made my circumstances clear to them and

stated that if they accept my sisters offer she will deal with them direct,

what do you think ?

what sort of offer do creditors expect in these circumstance ?

do they prefer to continue with a minimal payment or would they rather take an settlement ?

srudge

do you mean you have charging orders?

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yes 3

so if I try and borrow anything against my house they are notified and want paying off first,

but I would never get any more finance as want to clear up the mess

I have not get into more

I have wrote to all creditors they have all stopped interest

there is no ppi on any of my debts

have applied for cca on one and sar on another as not sure how two of them got to the amount they are stating I owe

one has been passed to Lowell but the Satander one is the only one I have made an offer on.

Scrugde

urm..

did you know about all the CCJ's and the CO's

did you defend?

seems alot

sri for going off topic.

dx

and they

blimey

i've changed your thread title and moved it to the dgeneral debt forum

i'm gonna get someone to pop in.

dx

and they

Hello there.

The charging orders, if in your husband's name, would only sit on his share of any equity in the property. You share of any equity would be totally fine.As the charges are so old it is highliy unlikely that any court would entertain a challenge in relation to them. Whilst it's possible to 'set aside' court judgments such an application needs to be made promptly - usually within weeks or months rather than years. In addition there would have been two chances to raise a challenge in the eyes of the courts - once when the original CCJ was sought, once at the CO hearing.

As far as Santander are concerned, it's vital that you 'stick to your guns', ask for them to reconsider the F&F, making clear that the alternative is only going to be a small token payment. It often takes a few attempts to convince the big lenders to think about the F&F settlement. Sending a CCA/SAR request is useful as if there are any potential issues with the paperwork they could decide to give the F&F settlement offer more serious consideration.

Hope this helps!

Seq.

Hi, Seq

Thank You for that

I have sent another letter to Santander asking them to reconsider the Full and Final Settlement offer maybe when they are only getting £1 a month £2000 might look more attractive to them !

do you have info on how long a charge can stay on your property if no contact has been made ?

is there anything like statar barred after so long or is it the case that once a charge has been obtained they can sit there for life.

Scrudge

Hello there, a charge would stay on forever, sadly. It was confirmed in a case called Yorkshire Bank Finance Ltd v Mulhall that there is no time limit in which a creditor must enforce a charging order by way of an order for sale. In reality it's more than likely that they will just wait until you decide to sell the property.

Best wishes,

Seq.

• 5 months later...

Hello please can someone give me some advise

I have a £7000 debt with Santander which is currently under a payment arrangement with the CCS now step debt change

I am paying them £5 a month,

after a year of persistent letter writing they have excepted an offer of £2000,

in everyone of my letters to them I have made it really clear that this is in full and final settlement of the debt

and that they or any other company related to Santander will not pursue me for the balance

and that I will be released of all liability,

I have received a letter back from them stating that they agree to accept my offer of £2000 to partially settle my loan balance

and that if I send payment within two weeks that I will no longer have any liability to pay the remaining balance

and that they would not request any further payments

but then in the next paragraph they say "If you decide to pay the remaining balance at a later date,

an update would be provided to the credit reference agencies to show the debt is satisfied,

although the default information would still reamain for six years from the date of default which was 2010. :???:

I am confused I would love to get rid of this debt

but I am very concerned sending £2000 and them using the wording 'partially Settle'

also why do they have to keep it on my credit file surely if they accept a settlement offer it should be then wiped off my file?

please advise before a send any money..

many thanks

Scrudge

That's a proper response so if you should want at any time before the debt comes off CRA file six years from the default date they will mark the account as ''fully satisfied''

which is of course better than ''partially settled.

I must remain on the credit files to report the true conduct of the account, to ''wipe out'' the entry would not be factual, so it remains on file until 2016 then is removed.

The term ''partially settled'' technically correct.

So you are safe to pay if you want to.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Thank You for that you have put my mind at rest.

You're welcome!!

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

• 6 years later...

Hello, could do with some advise

Ive received a scary letter from Drydenfairfax Solicitors for a Santander loan I defaulted on in 2010

I passed the loan/debt onto Step Debt Change in March 2010, 

in 2016 I did not have enough to even pay Step Change 

I wrote to Santander explaining this and asked them to write off the debt this was my last correspondence with Santander January 2016.

I have had various letters from Moorcroft then Wescot etc which I have ignored,

yesterday I received one from Drydensfairfax stating "they are solicitors instructed by our client Santander UK Plc, to obtain repayment of the amount £6804.03 or take appropriate recovery action should you fail to pay".

Is this company really solicitors ?

what power do they have can they issue a CCJ ?

this was an unsecured loan unfortunately I fell on hard times and I could not pay it.

Is it safe for me to ignore this letter ?.

Old and new threads merged

please re read from post 1 now.

its still with the OC so safe to ignore 

Dx

• Like 1

and they

Wow just read old threads, come along way since then house and credit file clear !!!

thanks to this site taking away the fear and lie's people in debt are told by horrible companies trying to make money out of people that are at their lowest,  who dont have it !

Cant thank you enough !

• 4 weeks later...
On 24/01/2020 at 13:01, Scrudge said:

Hello, could do with some advise

Ive received a scary letter from Drydenfairfax Solicitors for a Santander loan I defaulted on in 2010

I passed the loan/debt onto Step Debt Change in March 2010, 

in 2016 I did not have enough to even pay Step Change 

I wrote to Santander explaining this and asked them to write off the debt this was my last correspondence with Santander January 2016.

I have had various letters from Moorcroft then Wescot etc which I have ignored,

yesterday I received one from Drydensfairfax stating "they are solicitors instructed by our client Santander UK Plc, to obtain repayment of the amount £6804.03 or take appropriate recovery action should you fail to pay".

Is this company really solicitors ?

what power do they have can they issue a CCJ ?

this was an unsecured loan unfortunately I fell on hard times and I could not pay it.

Is it safe for me to ignore this letter ?.

Hi Scrudge

But, you stated that they had accepted your offer of £2000 as full & final settlement for the outstanding loan amount, in your 2012 posts. So, did you not pay them then?

General question for CAG admin guys; are 'DrydensFairfax Solicitors' actual solicitors? Why do some DCAs resort to using them if not?!

Thanks.

Rgds.

radmm0

Drydensfairfax solicitors is a trading name of Drydens Ltd, a company registered in England and Wales (number 06765260) at 4th Floor, Fairfax House, Merrion Street, Leeds, LS2 8BX. DX 320601 Leeds 16. Drydens Ltd is part of Arrow Global Group PLC and is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority under SRA number 511996 and by the Financial Conduct Authority under FCA number 677021

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread