Who is responsible for faulty online goods? staples the retailer or brother the manu?

jazztheman
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1524 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm a bit surprised that you are asking this question because you have been here since 2007.

Anyway, the responsible party is the seller – in other words the party with whom you made the contract. You bought it from Staples – this might suggest that you are a trader? Did you buy this for commercial purposes or is this a personal purchase.

If it is a personal purchase then you benefit from the consumer rights act 2015 and if any defects appear within the first six months then you are entitled to insist on a refund if they attempt one repair which fails.

In order to assert this right, you should inform them in writing that the scanner has broken down and that you want to know what their proposals are to repair it. They may well try to fob you off to Brother. This may be a quicker way of dealing with it under their warranty – but at the end of the day it's up to you which you want to choose. If you want you can tell Staples that it is their responsibility and they need to take care of it.

The repair should be effected within a reasonable time – and I would say 10 days or maybe 14 days at the very outside.

Thank you for your reply.

The scanner is for personal use.

I contacted Staples and as suspected they tried to "pass the buck" onto Brother stating that their warranty is only for 30 days.

I will contact Staples again insisting that they are responsible for the repair or a replacement under the consumer rights act 2015.

Hope to provide an update when Staples reply.

• dx100uk changed the title to Who is responsible for faulty online goods? staples the retailer or brother the manu?

what's gone wrong JTM?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

has this always done it or has developed?

or just didn't know as you'd never scanned anything till of recent?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi

Do an internet search on faint white line on scanning for your exact model to see what comes up from Brother and give it a try.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group