Horizon PCN on courtesy car. Didn't have the car at the time - Sainsbury's Brentwood **CANC'D by HORIZON**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1389 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Got given a courtesy car for two days from Toyota on 25th November 2019. 

Today I got a PCN from Horizon dated 19th November 2019. I didn't have the car then. 

The letter does mention that I should let them know if I wasn't driving, just want to check if this is the correct thing to do, I don't really want to enter into any correspondence with a parking company. No doubt that will go missing in the post anyway. 

Doc1.pdf

Edited by JoeyJoeC

the hire company must have fwded your details?

pers i'd take it up with them?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

contact the hire company and inform them they have fwded the wrong details to the fleecers.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I think that to protect yourself you should probably also send a letter to the company which issued the PCN. Either that or send a letter to the hire company and copied to the PCN company

theres nothing the PPC can do, they don't require notification about anything at this stage

and even if the OP were the correct target, you still wouldn't need to reply to the PPC rregardless..at this point.

and they

I'll refrain from contacting them, I really don't want to go through the hassle of dealing with them, even better if I waste their time and money. 

I have emailed a copy of the PCN to Toyota. When I told them the date of the PCN on the phone, they even told me the name of the person who had it at the time. Two GDPR violations!

Edited by JoeyJoeC

you really should be pointing out to the se people it is not a fine and should not be treated as one.

dx

and they

Tell Toyota that they now owe you £500 for the unlawful processing of your data and ther inconvenience and alarm it has caused you.

If they brush that off let them know that you will be letting the press know that they just hand out people's details willy nilly and the nationals like the Daily Mail will lap it up

• 4 months later...

Just an update.

I did complain via email to Horizon.

They replied to say they had given Toyota the wrong dates.

In fact, here is their reply:

Thank you for your correspondence and please accept our apologies for the delay.  

We can confirm that your details were added to the Parking Charge Notice in error as they were provided to us by Toyota,

however upon checking the documentation again they have been provided for an incorrect date.

We can confirm that the Parking Charge Notice has been referred back to the registered keeper and no further action is required on your part.

Please accept our apologies for the error in this matter. 

All our Parking Charge Notices are checked but unfortunately there is, on occasion, human error. 

Please be assured that we will identify any training issues that require follow up as a result of this.

Please note that your contact details have been removed from the Parking Charge Notice and will not be retained for any purpose or shared with third parties.

You can review our privacy policy at 

https://horizonparking.co.uk/privacy-policy/ 

or you can request that a copy is sent to you in the post by contacting us at the address below, if you have any queries regarding your data.

We trust this resolves any concerns you may have however if there is anything further we can assist with please do not hesitate to contact us on

[email protected].

Yours sincerely

Horizon Parking Limited
Data Protection Team
Horizon Parking Limited
E:  [email protected]  |  W:  www.horizonparking.co.uk
A:  Finitor House, 2 Hanbury Road, Chelmsford, Essex, CM1 3AE

Brilliant

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

• dx100uk changed the title to Horizon PCN on courtesy car. Didn't have the car at the time - Sainsbury's Brentwood **CANC'D by HORIZON**

so human error screwed up twice in the same demand?

I'm sure that is very rare what with the 22 point quality control programe they apply to every demand they send out.

it would be so unlke a parking co to make a mistake and therefore make me wonder why it is a training issue when their staff on procedures are already perfect.

You should apologise for causing them so much grief and the sue them and Toyota for this.

Breach of GDPR as they and Toyota messed up perhaps?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

They did make it sound like Toyota was to blame but said "however upon checking the documentation again they have been provided for an incorrect date.", so Horizon requested the wrong date from Toyota, are Toyota to blame at all? They just did what they were asked by Horizon. 

They arent obliged to pass on your details and certainly didnt do any checking before doing so.

If you are minded to sue I would name both as co-defendants as said and let them scream at each other. Perhaps Toyota will learn a lesson about being too quick to believe anything parking co's tell them and next time they will certainly demand some clarity and possibly read up on the POFA and possiby tell the parking bandits where to go if there is no keeper liability and demand costs, oyaota have more money than us plebs and a better reason to stick one into the bandits. The reason they dont do so now is because they can always get you to pay and that saves ther legal people having to get dressed in the morning

A judge can then decide if Toyota are in the clear