Rundll versus HSBC ...FIGHT!

rundll

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5413 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok so Im all prepared. Letters planned and printed. Charges calculated.

Do I send my initial claim (first letter) to my local HSBC - whom I have the account with. Or to the head office in london?

Lets get this show on the road... :)

Thanks for any replies.

Rund

Good luck (you wont need it, just patience at what seems like an endless wait)

HSBC 1st preliminary letter £3692 10.10.06 LBA sent 24.10.06

HSBC 1st Preliminary Letter £3280 10.10.06 LBA sent 24.10.06

Capital 1 SADR 11.10.006

Halifax Visa SADR 11.10.06

CITI SADR 12.10.06

HSBC Gold card SADR 23.10.06

• 2 weeks later...

Ok kinda slow to get the first letter sent off, but its done now :)

First letter sent 07/12/2006.

They have 14 days till they hear from me again...

Do you think 14 working days or just 14 days?

Cheers

Rundll

Hi there

I do not want to interrupt but I have done it 5 month ago from start to finish. My claim was only £580 and got my money back after the prelim. I might be wrong but I calculated those 14 days as working days only. From my experience banks always say to you - only working days. I am back because since my last claim I was charged again. My financial situation is not good and I keep going over my overdraft. So, to be on the safe side I will count only working days.

Good luck with your claim.

Prelim to HSBC sent on 30th June for £580.

Reply with offer to refund £520.00 on 19th July

Congratulations on your success!

Though if you received your refund after the prelim letter, then you didnt need to send them the LBA 14 days later?

Anyway, if they're open 6 days a week as said above, I doubt a few days will make much difference, and then there's postage time also.

Who knows. Good luck with your new claim.

• 3 weeks later...

hello rundll. goodluck with your claim.. i got all my letters ignored so i went ahead with a court claim.. now i wait.. keep us posted.

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=purple]S.A.R. sent 30 October-reply received 10 november[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=purple]Prelim letter sent 28 november- no reply[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=purple]LBA sent 13 december- no reply[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=purple]MCOL filed 30 december- issued 02/01/07[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=#800080]loveletter from colin received 02/01/07-saying will get in touch on feb 9[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=#800080]acknowledged claim on 4 jan- has until 1 feb to defend.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=#800080]defence entered 31 jan 2007[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=#800080]offer received 1-2-2007... still waiting for the moolah though:cool: ...[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=#800080]and moolah arrives 1-march 2007!!! Praise the Lord!!!![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Thanks I appreciate it. Reassuring to hear from others going through the motions. I'm looking forward to taking this further :cool:. Cant believe they just ignore our letters, lol. Let me know how you get on. Good luck!

sure will... jsut filed my mcol yesterday~ a couple of days late, but got reassured by the wonderful people in this forum that it should be alright.. we sure need luck and determination doing this.. keep safe!

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=purple]S.A.R. sent 30 October-reply received 10 november[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=purple]Prelim letter sent 28 november- no reply[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=purple]LBA sent 13 december- no reply[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=purple]MCOL filed 30 december- issued 02/01/07[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=#800080]loveletter from colin received 02/01/07-saying will get in touch on feb 9[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=#800080]acknowledged claim on 4 jan- has until 1 feb to defend.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=#800080]defence entered 31 jan 2007[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=#800080]offer received 1-2-2007... still waiting for the moolah though:cool: ...[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=#800080]and moolah arrives 1-march 2007!!! Praise the Lord!!!![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

you will no doubt receive a letter from colin langdale shortly - this is a new tactic - he assures you he is looking into your case and promises to get back to you by 31 july 2010. just stick to your timetable. 14 days after the lba, file your mcol. it is a good idea to stay one step ahead - so, now you can register on mcol - work your way through the address bit - use the main office found on all your statements, work up to the particulars - there is a template in the library - keep it general and try to get it into the small space allowed. play with it - when it comes to filing you will be ready to answer the last couple of questions, submit and pay and that's all there is to it. just keep referring to the step by step instructions and you won't go far wrong.

• 2 weeks later...

I received a letter from Colin langdale on the 5th of Jan 2007. 5 Days after sending my Letter Before Action.

It says

"Thank you for your letters regarding your request for a refund of bank charges. I apologise for not yet having fully completed my investigation.

I will contact you again by the 8th of Feb 2007 and expect to be able to provide you with a full response at that time"

Well thanks very much Colin but as my LBA stated, if the matter isnt resolved by the 14th of Jan 2007 I shall be filing my claim. So roll on tommorow :)

Lateralus, just noticed your based in Hull. Im just outside Beverley...

Maybe we could set up a 'get your bank charges refunded' stall outside one the the local HSBC's :)

They could always pay me extra to ensure my silence :cool:

i was just in the lovely beverley today, visiting the minster and saturday market (in saturday market), with my nephew visiting from new york, via london (working in a bank!!!!!!!!) i'm looking for hot tips.

yes, i think the locals would love to see us handing out pamphlets telling people how to reclaim their charges - or maybe not!

filing tomorrow?

hi rundll

good luck... seems like we're head to head. i filed mcol on friday so probably won't get actioned until tomorrow

keep me posted and i'll do likewise

fingers x'd

netty

If i've been helpful in any way....then tip my scales over there!

re my cheeky son... there isn't a boarding school in the country that would have him!!! not for all my charges refunded lol!!!

how u doin? i've looked on mcol and my claim has been acknowledged so no doubt in a few days i'll get the paperwork from the court so i can get my copies of schedules to dg and the courts. don't you have permanent access to a pc rundll? you said you wouldn't be able to read your mail until thursday. i haven't moved away from mine since october when i discovered this site lol

let me know how your'e getting on

netty

Howdy! Yeah mines been acknowledged too :)

No I have access to a pc 24/8 but not to my physical mail. Im in student digs and prefer to use my home address for these things as I cant afford to have things go wandering, so my mail is forwarded to me every week or so by my long suffering mother :rolleyes:

So hopefully we will get the DG address soon and be able to send off more paperwork :) Am I right in saying were sending breakdown of charges to mcol and dg? As ive already sent them off to mcol.

yes, we have to send 3 copies of breakdown to mcol and 1 copy to dg with a letter referencing our claim numbers.

a few days later we are to phone dg to make sure they have received them - the name of the person dealing with our cases at dg is apparently on page 2 of the acknowledgement papers.

Acknowledgment received in the post, so now I have the address of DG Solicitors (who represent HSBC). They have my breakdown of charges en route in the post now :)

Am I right in saying they have 28 days from the date the claim was issued to file their defence?

they have 28 days from the date the claim was SERVED in which to file the Defence once an Ack is recd. You should get your offer any day now good luck!

HSBC 1st preliminary letter £3692 10.10.06 LBA sent 24.10.06

HSBC 1st Preliminary Letter £3280 10.10.06 LBA sent 24.10.06

Capital 1 SADR 11.10.006

Halifax Visa SADR 11.10.06

CITI SADR 12.10.06

HSBC Gold card SADR 23.10.06

hi rundll

it's all systems go now for us - and so encouraging hearing from peeps that our offers will be any day now.... ooooh ooooh getting excited now!! lol

netty

don't get too excited - mostly the offers are coming in between the defense being issued (at the end of the 28 days) but before the aq is due.

that doesn't mean you can't get an offer at this point - just the way things seem to be moving with dg at the moment.