BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• I'm afraid that I'm not especially familiar with the injunctions and orders et cetera that are available in these kinds of buried difficult situations. What I am pretty certain of is that if there is some kind of proceedings began while the partner is still living in the home then that will increase tensions to an intolerable level and also increase any danger. I think this would mean that they would have to be a move to have the abusive partner excluded from the home. How many children are there and why should she be worried that the children might be taken away? I have to say that if the children are living in a situation where they are aware that there is this level of abuse between their parents then it can only be extremely damaging to them and the sooner the matter was resolved and the home became a peaceful and stable environment for them, the better. I think this would absolutely require the removal of the abusive partner. If the police have already been made aware of his abusive behaviour then it seems to me that the presumption will be in favour of her remaining at the home with her children. One thing she should certainly do is start to keep a detailed log of what is going on. She needs to be extremely careful that this log is not discovered and in fact I think that there is an app which maybe allows a log to be kept and is stored off the phone and in the cloud somewhere. I will check it out and come back. I very much hope that there will be others who have experience of this kind of thing either because they have been in this kind of situation or else because they have supported somebody who is in that situation who will be able to come along and give better advice. Can you tell us more about the children please. I think that their well-being might be pivotal to finding a solution to the whole problem
    • Hi All,   Not sure if this is the correct section to post in, please move if it isn't.   During the storm over the last couple of days I noticed a tiled on the shed roof had slipped and opened a hole, on close inspection it turns out they are Asbestos tiles. Nowhere in our survey did it state that and we weren't informed during the sale period.   This is our first house so I had no idea what Asbestos looked like and didn't suspect a thing, we just new the roof looked a little worse for wear and would plan to replace it once settled in etc.   I am assuming this is now going to cost a lot more to have removed and replaced, and we would of factored the cost in when we made the offer on the property.   Is there anything I can do in regards to either the Surveyors or the Estate Agents to have the costs either contributed to or covered ?   Thanks
    • Hi BF,  The other GDPR post relates to a GDPR request on an independent Nissan Car Dealership and not Nissan itself. I have had to make two SAR requests as they are two separate companies.    The SAR request referred to in this post was served to Nissan UK (Head Office) on 09-01-2020. 
    • CENTRAL LOANS LIMITED Company number 04205508
    • And if we plead not guilty, but judge says we are guilty, then it will be worse than accepting the 3 points and £100 fine?   I argue that it’s not dangerous because someone is less likely to walk up and scratch themselves on the sharp bit at back while the car is being driven I.e. moving vehicle , than if car was parked up at home and someone walked behind the car and scratched themselves against bumper.    also it was being driven carefully and not at speed, on the way to get damage fixed?    Wouldn’t a judge accept that all of this is reasonable?
  • Our picks

stevvieboi

Problem with TV from AO.Com using V12 FINANCE

looking for a bit of advice before making call to V12 and where i stand with this,

this time last year i took quite unwell, i contacted v12 around April 2019 to explain my circumstances and if anything they could do, they informed me they would refund all the charges on my account, would suspend for a few months, but this would also involve a mark on my credit rating,

recently i have been getting calls from them, letter telling me not to ignore this, and letters of action, also an email the other day from someone saying they have tried to contact me by several means and they were putting any further action on hold for 15 days before taking any further action in order for me to contact them,

also receiving statements from them regarding my account with them, checking my bank account again to notice no DD were stopped and every one paid up to today, last one was last week, then checking there statements and no refunds were made either,

i had also started a complaint with them as goods were faulty and repairs not been met, which they have rejected also, so will be writing to the fos any advice would be greatly appreciated thanks 

What is the debt for ?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

finance on a tv

Which was bought from which retailer ?   

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

AO.COM

So you have not missed a direct debit and have not defaulted...okay they have not made any refunds to the account as promised no surprises there.I assume they have not marked your credit file because you have not missed a payment ?

The problem with the TV itself should be directed to AO.COM not V12 Finance.

tv arrived faulty, and kept getting messed around by AO.com then told to contact lg while it was still under warranty, lines were busy was given the option of leaving a message which i did took 10 days for the return call by this time warranty expired, i then contacted AO again who offered to pay half the bill, which i found unacceptable, then tv developed lines down the screen, i would have not been bothered but it was £1500 and expected better than that, it was also not used that often, so i contacted V12 to make a complaint under the consumer credit, then came back saying Ao.com said they had received only a few emails, no mention of all the calls also made where they made this offer, and V12 are in favour of AO, and referred me to the fos, then i have just discovered the other problem with v12 as mentioned above 

one was missed but it was paid, but because i asked for help they informed me that they would have to put a mark on my credit file, but never stopped taking payments, never gave the refund, and now all these letters and emails, just after advise before i make the call, have had a look through some of the files, but can't seem to find anything other than the guidance to record, i only went to V12 because i was getting nowhere with AO and as its still on credit i was informed to contact V12 who would go to AO, i was getting chemotherapy and was getting no help from UC and was trying to balance everything out best i could, payed off another loan i had with them, but never earned anything last year

Edited by stevvieboi

I have moved your topic to the appropriate forum and amended your thread title to make it clear what the problem is.

How old is this TV ?

its now just over 2 years old, been in spare room as we had to buy another new one because of its faults, notified them with the first fault when it was 2 months old, and kept telling me they would get back to me 

Well you have up to 6 years to make a small court claim under the  The Consumer Rights Act