AO.COm - Problem with TV from AO.Com using V12 FINANCE

stevvieboi
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1526 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi folks, have a problem with domestic and general,

i purchased a new tv through ao.com, last year,

checking my bank statements i have noticed a dd for about £9 going to d&g,

i have phoned them to ask what this is for,

and am told its for insurance cover for my new tv,

when i informed them i never took this out, and that it was a new tv, that came with a warranty, why would i take out this cover, and also if anything else happened to it my household insurance would cover it,

i did look at lg extra insurance which i thought about taking out when the warranty expires, and asked D&G how much this cover was, and it was a lot more that lg cover, lg, and i informed them of this,

why would i take cover with them when the manufacturer is offering a better cover and cheaper than them,

so told them to cancel it right away, and i would expect a refund of my money,

that was a month ago,

phoned today as no sign of any refund,

and was informed it would have to go to their accounts dept,

for them to decide if i will get a refund or not,

and that i should be complaining to ao.com for setting this up, which i will do,

but as i said to her its d&g taking out of my account, without any signed contract or any signed direct debit form, and that i have not received any paperwork with the telly in regards to this, nor have i had anything from them through the post,

where do i stand with this,

i thought they would need a signed d&d form or contract by myself, before they could take anything from my account, but seems not, and where i would stand if they refuse to refund my money

any input would be greatly appreciated

any warranty be it manu given or extra paid for

DOES NOT

over write your rights under the CRA

so..

go ring your BANK.

under the DD guarantee

you want them to CANEL AND REFUND

all the payments to D&G

its your right as you never signed any DD mandate to them.

all warranties ARE A TOTAL WASTE OF MONEY AND THE PAPER THEY ARE WRITTEN ON.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 3 weeks later...

Yes that is exactly what i would do.

Tell your bank that you want to do a Direct Debit indemnity claim.

Explain what has happened and also that you have not signed anything and after speaking to DG they will not talk to you.

If you say it this way you will get your money back or otherwise they will dispute it for you and this could go on for months.

So whats cooking today ?

simply say you have never signed any DD mandate

and you want ALL the payments back under the DD guarantee

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 7 months later...

hi folks need some advice,

purchased a new tv back in october 02 last year,

receiving on the 8th,

that i received damaged,

one of the cdmi fittings was not secure to the unit,

this was not noticed until a month later,

when i went to connect another unit to the tv,

i emailed ao about this,

but never received any reply back,

with holidays coming up i forgot about this,

and phoned them,

as now a few months had passed

they said they would not be able to accept it back as being damaged before i got it,

which is fair enough,

said they would get in touch with their repair centre,

again i never got any contact back,

and again i forgot about it,

recently, where i called them back,

they informed me that they could no longer do anything about it as the year has passed,

this was the 13th oct,

told me to phone lg directly myself,

which i did,

as their customer services was to busy

the girl i spoke to took my number,

said someone would call back when the lines were not as busy that day,

needless to say i never got that call until about 10 days later,

they said they would look into this, and get back in touch,

got another message left asking for the purchase date,

which is on the invoice that ao sent them,

and would look into see if they could do anything about it,

am just off the phone to them where they have said, as the purchase date was the 2nd oct 2016, i never got it until the 8th oct 2016 the warranty is now a month and a half expired, and they cannot do anything about it as the warranty is now expired,

and thing i can do with this

thank you

under CRA the responsibility is with you and the retailer AO.com

it matters not, that the warranty has expired

but you will need to get an independent report done

[the cost of which should be refunded upon a successful claim] under CRA regulations.

you send the report to AO.COM

citing the regulations under CRA.

dx

and they

• 1 month later...

I think you will struggle to prove it with so long passing between delivery and the warranty passing. A report wouldn't prove where the damage occurred, just that it is damaged.

If it were delivered damaged to me I would have been straight back onto them.

Might just have to put this one down to experience seeing as you kept forgetting about it.

• 2 years later...

looking for a bit of advice before making call to V12 and where i stand with this,

this time last year i took quite unwell, i contacted v12 around April 2019 to explain my circumstances and if anything they could do, they informed me they would refund all the charges on my account, would suspend for a few months, but this would also involve a mark on my credit rating,

recently i have been getting calls from them, letter telling me not to ignore this, and letters of action, also an email the other day from someone saying they have tried to contact me by several means and they were putting any further action on hold for 15 days before taking any further action in order for me to contact them,

also receiving statements from them regarding my account with them, checking my bank account again to notice no DD were stopped and every one paid up to today, last one was last week, then checking there statements and no refunds were made either,

i had also started a complaint with them as goods were faulty and repairs not been met, which they have rejected also, so will be writing to the fos any advice would be greatly appreciated thanks 

What is the debt for ?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Which was bought from which retailer ?   

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

So you have not missed a direct debit and have not defaulted...okay they have not made any refunds to the account as promised no surprises there.I assume they have not marked your credit file because you have not missed a payment ?

The problem with the TV itself should be directed to AO.COM not V12 Finance.

tv arrived faulty, and kept getting messed around by AO.com then told to contact lg while it was still under warranty, lines were busy was given the option of leaving a message which i did took 10 days for the return call by this time warranty expired, i then contacted AO again who offered to pay half the bill, which i found unacceptable, then tv developed lines down the screen, i would have not been bothered but it was £1500 and expected better than that, it was also not used that often, so i contacted V12 to make a complaint under the consumer credit, then came back saying Ao.com said they had received only a few emails, no mention of all the calls also made where they made this offer, and V12 are in favour of AO, and referred me to the fos, then i have just discovered the other problem with v12 as mentioned above 

one was missed but it was paid, but because i asked for help they informed me that they would have to put a mark on my credit file, but never stopped taking payments, never gave the refund, and now all these letters and emails, just after advise before i make the call, have had a look through some of the files, but can't seem to find anything other than the guidance to record, i only went to V12 because i was getting nowhere with AO and as its still on credit i was informed to contact V12 who would go to AO, i was getting chemotherapy and was getting no help from UC and was trying to balance everything out best i could, payed off another loan i had with them, but never earned anything last year

Edited by stevvieboi

• Andyorch changed the title to Problem with TV from AO.Com using V12 FINANCE

I have moved your topic to the appropriate forum and amended your thread title to make it clear what the problem is.

How old is this TV ?

its now just over 2 years old, been in spare room as we had to buy another new one because of its faults, notified them with the first fault when it was 2 months old, and kept telling me they would get back to me 

Well you have up to 6 years to make a small court claim under the  The Consumer Rights Act

• dx100uk changed the title to AO.COm - Problem with TV from AO.Com using V12 FINANCE