BankFodder BankFodder

tobyjugg2

Mutating Corona Virus

And less depressing, Emma Barnett trying her best to get the truth from Theresa Villiers. I feel sorry for Emma, she did her best. :) Scroll down past the photos at the top to the video.

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top-stories/mp-theresa-villiers-refused-to-say-no-deal-in-bbc-brexit-interview-1-6535892

Illegitimi non carborundum

Last one from me. It's not often I agree with George Osborne, but I think he has a point in his tweet earlier today. Boris has got round to convening Cobra at least.

'The British Government now needs to go onto a ‘war footing’ with the coronavirus: daily NHS press briefings, regular COBRA meetings chaired by the PM, Ministers on all major media shows. The public is fearful, wants information and needs to know their leaders have got a grip.'

2 hours ago, honeybee13 said:

I was thinking back to this sad but inspiring story the other day, the village of Eyam in Derbyshire during the plague. Article from the Guardian about whether people now will or would be selfless during a pandemic.

They will because it's easy to be these days.  Online shopping means you aren't cut off from supplies, people don't need to go out.  You don't even have to cut off contact with people thanks to skype and facetime.

So are delivery people making arrangements to bring food and other goods to people in a way that they can't be infected? I'm not being facetious, I may have read something about delivery people being at risk.