Mutating Corona Virus

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 442 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

You can argue the toss with Dr North on his blog via Discuss TJ

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Still waiting for either of you two to show us some evidence that vaccination has killed any child let alone more than 700

and North isnt the one promoting that as far as i can see - thats here

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Crumbling Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes

with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

10 years to save the Vest

After Truss lost the shirt off the UKs back in 49 days

While we wait ... and happy to debate issues/failings (IMCO) with that North article

The latest is that HOSPITALISATIONS has now doubled to 2000 a week

So one should assume 'not trivial'

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

NEWS.SKY.COM

A further 332 people have died within 28 days of a positive coronavirus test, the highest figure since 2 March - but it includes a backlog of...

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The next two weeks will almost certainly

1 define the near future (2-3 months) of the issue (in degree - nothing really new)

2. be too late to do much about it .. but react it bit more all to late

3. Give us yet more repeat lessons to ignore on managing this and the future pandemics

So what does North say about actually manning those Nightingale hospitals we heard so much about with much fanfare and so little effect in the past?

(My opinion has always been they should have been quickly set up and targeted specifically at dealing with covid, 'manned with Military + rotated NHS staff)

The Tory Legacy

North was of similar mind regarding Nightingales TJ back in 202, as in used for isolation facilities to keep the virus from the general hospitals allowing normal treatments to continue, much as they did with TB in early to mid 20th Century

EUREFERENDUM.COM

Coronavirus: the ship that sailed

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Yes the level of Hospital Acquired Covid is worrying, it was something Richard North was concerned with last year when Nightingales designated overspill rather than Isolation. Of course similar problems with staffing then as now.

• I agree 1

Yes, and all the issues that accompany that

- just like Johnson ordering positive people back into care homes to kill some more parents and grand parents and everything else gets dropped - and STILL nothing of note done to address that failing.

Remember the big press announcements regarding the Nightingales, millions spent for a headline and a photo shoot, then all  just forgotten - apart from a little use as a glorified outpatients waiting room.

So North mentions the Nightingales in that post, just like the headlines again - but with no mention of how they will be staffed to make them in any way practicable

No doubt a headline, a couple of photo opportunities and somebody will make money from it.

... Then 'dont mention the nightingales ..

I see no other plan other than that - just like last time

So here we are

Shortage of lfts. when we should be manufacturing them and exporting them

Shortage of PCR tests and slots, at the start of a new wave

Same incompetent, corrupt self-serving tosspots mismanaging it

Same old pals profiting

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

We *could* have prevented the NHS strain over the next weeks. We *could* have prevented the economic damage of mass sickness in businesses. We *could* have invested in ventilation like Japan. We have not.
Instead of prevention we are planning hospital tents in car parks.
  • I agree 2

The Tory Legacy

England has cadged a few million off Wales haven't they?

Johnson couldn't manage a legitimate party in a rose garden

Just spouts Bo****** pulled out his backside with no plan or organisation

Back to North, So why is he calling it the London issue ?

Does he really think all the virus and its issues will or have bounced back into London at the boundaries?

- thats even worse than a Trumpesque 'china virus' type approach IMO, or bolting the SA gates when the virus was already known to be spreading here ... aka ferkin stupid

- actually - worse as it posits it wont happen elsewhere, when in reality that centrist approach will ENSURE it spreads more

I'm finding these ever-loading pages jumping about pretty much unmanagable

- it is the stupid green background with the bauble which is badly coded.

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Very good news that the Welsh government is loaning the UK government 4 million tests. A big thank you to Mark Drakeford. But why on earth has the Welsh Labour government managed to plan for the increased demand for tests but the Conservative UK government has not?

YAYYY for Drakeford   :-)

The Tories are spending £37,000,000,000 on a privatised Test and Trace system that can't even deliver tests.

BOOOO to Johnson the corrupt incompetent LIAR

The Tory Legacy

"In my career I have treated hundreds of patients who are in hospital because of choices they have made: smokers, skiers injured on the slopes, along with patients who have inserted various objects into orifices not intended for the purpose," the doctor wrote.

"I have never felt judgemental. I understand it is their right to choose, and while I may not agree with their choices, my job is to treat them with compassion, but not judgement. I have never found that difficult.

"Until now."

It continued: "I see patient after patient on the labour ward, in emergency theatre, and in intensive care who have chosen not to have the vaccine.

"The reasons vary – from worry about long term effects, through fertility, to inaccurate ideas about microchips and government surveillance.

"Almost exclusively those needing intensive care or dying with Covid are young, healthy, and unvaccinated. Only a tiny proportion are vaccinated vulnerable patients with other underlying health conditions, or are partially vaccinated."

"We are tired. We are working at greater capacity than ever before and have been for nearly two years.

I worry that this sustained pressure will break us. We will make mistakes, and this impacts everyone. It’s already happening. "At present rate, we will never be able to clear the backlog. There is sustained pressure on our hospital wards and intensive care units.

"For the first time in my professional life, I am angry with my patients who choose not to get vaccinated, and while I do not let it affect my patient care, I think it’s affecting me.

- Doctor in BMJ article

3543.jpg?width=940&quality=45&auto=forma

The Tory Legacy

2 hours ago, honeybee13 said:

I'm not clear who the Nightingales are meant to be for. I've read that, staff permitting, they're meant to be used for people who are on the mend and don't need a lot of attention.

Does that mean covid patients go into the main hospital?

there is a difference between the original Nightingale Hospitals, and the newer Nightingale Hubs.

Nightingale Hospital : intended to take Covid patients including those significantly unwell, to add bed capacity to the system of all types by providing additional beds intended for Covid patients.

Nightingale Hubs: to take well patients of low dependency / minimal “medical need”, so for low dependency non-Covid (or “recovered Covid” patients). The intended gain here is freeing up standard in-patient beds by moving those who don’t need a hospital bed (or have minimal needs).

I note the description of the Hubs as

They will be staffed by a mix of consultants, nurses, and other clinical and non-clinical staff.”

https://apple.news/A3YpNJ3-ET8qC9N5Z3_qZ5w

So that can mean limited numbers of nurses (with a patient:nurse ratio lower than ordinary wards), and it doesn’t say how often the consultants will be on site.

(Gosport memorial Hospital [nominally!] had Consultant cover…….)

https://amp.theguardian.com/society/2018/jun/20/gosport-war-memorial-hospital-opioid-drugs-policy-inquiry

• Thanks 1

On 13/12/2021 at 23:04, tobyjugg2 said:

I cant get that early infection trace report out of my mind which confidently tied a transmission stream back to a few seconds close contact at a doorway (a brief door delivery/interaction type event) - no masks.

At ferkin last. Took some getting there:

Prof Peter Openshaw, a member of the New and Emerging Respiratory Virus Threats Advisory Group (Nervtag), warned exposure to only “a whiff of infected breath” could lead to catching the Omicron variant.

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Perhaps Drakeford gave the LFTs to England as he might put in a travel ban for New Years Eve last minute in Wales other thing is there is a shortage in Wales in parts and we can't get the kits where I am perhaps I ought to tweet to ask @prifweindog will I have to go to England to get an LFT now he has gifted them away. .

Quote of the week:

"we have only  seen a 41 percent increase (in confirmed infection rates) over the last seven days"

"we may be seeing, if not the beginning of the end, the end of the beginning of the UK epidemic"

- Peter North Dec 30th 2021

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

One of the good points he makes is that London appears to be a bastion of vaccine none-take-up.

Of great concern also is the apparent lack of urgency in people who dont attend for their booked booster jabs (40% is reported) - they cant all be the vacuous anti-vacsers not turning up.

I can understand that many may be balancing the potential for feeling ill after a vaccination (I did on first, but zippo on the booster)

- but all those factors are going to make the next two weeks a LOT dicier than they would have been

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

1 hour ago, brassnecked said:

Perhaps Drakeford gave the LFTs to England as he might put in a travel ban for New Years Eve last minute in Wales other thing is there is a shortage in Wales in parts and we can't get the kits where I am perhaps I ought to tweet to ask @prifweindog will I have to go to England to get an LFT now he has gifted them away. .

Simply cant resist

- perhaps its that Drakeford is finding many living within his fiefdoms boundaries dont want them ...

... and doesn't want them to go to waste

(Johnson has probably thrown out loads with the out of date vaccines to generate more income for his pals ... and been shocked when his middle man has held out for twice the markup)

'Fwee market demand and pricing Boris, it is what you wanted - that will be 95% cost increase - there is a Pandemic on with the associated pressure on supply and demand you know'

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

... and its not like you've got the buying power of the US or EU now is it?

The Tory Legacy

Been trying to get definitive figures on

1. Admissions to hospital where primary cause is COVID (so not 'covid detected' when admitted for other reasons)

2. Deaths in under 18's where the primary cause is covid (very difficult that as most have underlying issues)

Neither appears to be available in real terms - you can juggle other figures to get somewhere there - but one would think that no1 at least would be a real 'figure of importance' for the last year at least

Gotta be a deliberate cover up.

From what i can garner, Seems to be around 76 children sadly died with (arguably) COVID is the primary cause for their early demise in the UK since the Pandemic began as of a couple of months ago. Most, but by no means all  had underlying conditions, but almost certainly would NOT have died when the did.

Around 26 in the first year - so either more dying as the pandemic progresses - or more accurate 'reporting' - I'm not sure which.

(99% other folks calculations and investigations that - I've just combined what I could find in an attempt at sanity checking - sky news one of the primary sources - checked as credible as far as I can)

I have a reasonable level of confidence that the figure is somewhere near right - at least until something changes that

Still way better than the USA's 700 plus Covid child deaths

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

seems vaccine hesitancy in London is down to 7-8% in African and about 4% in south Asian

Thats the good news over with

Regular vaccines predicted for 2022 as 2.3 million infected in week before Christmas

WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK

Covid Omicron news latest updates

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Actually TJ people have been trying to get LFTs in Wales to no avail, so they can use them before they go over to Engerland and when they come back tomorrow. And guess where Drakeford is allegedly spending New Year's eve.

In England........

https://twitter.com/RWTaylors/status/1476920072291692548/photo/1

• Sad 1

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 442 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks