Mutating Corona Virus

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 420 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

and some possible future problems with the O/AZ approach to vaccines should; as seems almost certain; ongoing booster shots be required

- vaccine vector immunity particularly with the body developing immunity to adenovirus vectors

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-vector-immunity-fo/astrazeneca-sputnik-vaccines-face-hurdles-if-covid-shots-become-annual-affair-idUSKBN2AQ0VX

"Most vector-vaccine developers have opted to use an adenovirus, a harmless class of common-cold viruses.”The experience with adenoviruses has been for many years that vectors can be intercepted by the immune system after repeat injections,” said Bodo Plachter, deputy director of the Institute of Virology at Mainz University’s teaching hospital."

My lay expectation is that its not an immediate problem.

You know what IS patriotic?

Loving your country enough to care for its old and poor, fund its institutions, unite its communities, feed, house and educate its children, restore and live in balance with its environment, plan with care for its future, build its alliances, and perhaps above all - tell it the truth

The Tory Legacy

Record high: taxes, immigration, excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Record low: living standards and investment

Crumbling Hospitals, schools, council services, businesses and roads

They squander taxpayer money by the £thousands on a failed ex-PMs luxury troughing on a plane, rather than feed UK children

This sites getting less and less accessible every week

Got my vaccination invite over weekend

despite living on the edge of a large town with a number of other large towns just a few miles away in various directions, and a 'university' city only 8 miles away, nearest center with any vaccines is about a 10 mile drive away in a small village. Interesting that the maps link showing you the locations for my nearest (sic) vaccination points are wrong - this is from the NHS vaccine booking site.

Once you have selected a location to see when vaccinations are available, it also wont let you go back to select another location, and if you just close the page down (without booking) and open the site again and put in your identification data, its gives you a 'you have failed to attend and will have to book both appointments again' message - despite not booking anything.

- wonder if thats how they've counted 20 million vaccinations?

Checked with 3 local surgeries including my own asking why none of them are an option and

two haven't had any vaccines for over a week and haven't even been able to book all their own vulnerable for a vaccine,

other has vaccine but is only booking its own priority people

Makes me think the claim of 20 million vaccinated is complete and utter 'Johnson

Loving your country enough to care for its old and poor, fund its institutions, unite its communities, feed, house and educate its children, restore and live in balance with its environment, plan with care for its future, build its alliances, and perhaps above all - tell it the truth

The Tory Legacy

Record high: taxes, immigration, excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

They squander taxpayer money by the £thousands on a failed ex-PMs luxury troughing on a plane, rather than feed UK children

You couldn't make it up TJ

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

and if you consider Sunack is adding a further 1.6 billion to the 12 billion plus already spent on the 'vaccination program' despite putting absolutely sod all in for NHS pay ...

whats 14.6 billion divided by 20 million?

- mm over £700 pounds per jab even ignoring all the wasted PPE and test and trace costs .. and any 'exaggerated vaccination number claims.

Edited by tobyjugg2
  • Like 1

The Tory Legacy

and 10+ weeks before the second jab

The Tory Legacy

So for various reasons, which 'm happy to discuss and debate, largely driven by the available sites apparently being O/AZ, and with the 2nd dose being 10-12 weeks after the first

O/AZ apparently giving very little protection from the new strains appearing

O/AZ efficiency apparently being about 55-65% with one dose and Pfiser giving much better and wider protection from a single dose

I'm NOT going for the O/AZ and giving up the chance of faster better protection from pfiser even if it means waiting a couple of weeks.

The Tory Legacy

I'm on a Covid run all this week, for some reason I thought it would be quite easy, starts in St Andrews then Dundee, Perth, Stirling, Cumbernauld then Glasgow over 200 miles.

I drop of empty Test boxes and collect the ones that are ready to go to the Labs for results.

Every Testing Station today said they had not been very busy over the weekend, it was quite nice weather over the weekend which is more than likely the reason for the lack of numbers.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Drop some pfiser vaccines off at our local surgeries while you are out please MD

The Tory Legacy

Yep

despite most rich nations ordering enough of various vaccines to inoculate their entire population a number of times over, current availability is less than ideal.

My surgery has no idea when its going to get more and still has extremely vulnerable to vaccinate. Member of family with type 1 diabetes only got first jab end last week

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

see attached

Still apparent contradictory statements which indicate to me 'munging' in the reporting of findings, with selected 'estimates' included if they promote a particular perspective

ie More a sales presentation than a scientific information presentation IMO

Early effectiveness of COVID vaccines.pdf

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Just a point example on the stats being used

One person in four in England has some antibody protection against Covid, ONS survey suggests

"According to an Office for National Statistics survey, an estimated one person in four in England would have tested positive..."

... 25% of population with antibodies is a bit crap as handcock claims about 40% of adults (given very limited testing of children) have been vaccinated

and there have been about 4 million people have tested positive (many/most of whom would still have anti-bodies) vaccinated or not

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Just had a brief discussion with someone who watched the horizon special and asked about calculating the herd immunity figures for covid.

Must watch that.

After saying to him: just look at measles and drop in the range of figures for Covid R0 and the claimed efficacies of the vaccines ... and getting a huh?

.. thought I'd do it, expalin to him and pop it up here - so did the math first - and got some seemingly crazy results ...

https://thoughtscapism.com/2015/04/20/the-simple-math-of-herd-immunity/

The R0 of covid prior to the new strains is reported about 3

The R0 of some of the worrying newer strains seems to be nearer 5 (3 + 70% of 3)

So with an R0 of 3 and a vaccine efficacy of 72%

Coverage required for heard immunity is 1- (1/R0)

= 1- (1/3)

= 1-0.333

= 2/3 or 67% (rounded up)

72% vaccine efficacy

= 0.67/0.72

= 93% of the population needs to be inoculated/immune(highly resistant) to achieve 'herd immunity'

with 92% vaccine efficacy

0.67/0.92 = 72% vaccine coverage required

Change the R0 to just 4 with the same vaccine efficacy of 72%

= 0.75/0.72

= 104% of the population needs to be inoculated - more than everyone - and it gets worse with r0=5

As the AZ vaccine seems to give at very very best 72% efficacy and in other tests nearer 64% at best even against the old versions .. let alone what the reality is after only one dose against the newer versions  ...

The figures get truly disturbing.

Lets hope its one situation where reality gives the lie to modelling,

or preferably that someone can show me where I've done a bl**dy stupid booboo above, and we can all breath a sigh of relief

With measles the R0 is about 12 but the vaccine efficacy is about 97%, but the following is still scary

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/measles-outbreak-bradford-mmr-vaccine-b1806551.html

Which made me wonder before if tha lack of MMR vaccine is helping drive the spread of Covid in some sections of society

https://www.upi.com/Health_News/2020/11/20/MMR-vaccine-may-protect-against-severe-illness-from-COVID-19-study-finds/7641605890132/

https://mbio.asm.org/content/11/6/e02628-20

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

13 hours ago, tobyjugg2 said:

Drop some pfiser vaccines off at our local surgeries while you are out please MD

I would if I could tobyjugg :)

Did the same run today over an hour quicker than yesterday, thats what happens when you know where to go and not just try finding places with the postcode as I was yesterday

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Make sure you avoid Derbyshire LOL.

Hot on the heals of issuing fines to two ladies travelling a few miles to exercise safely, Derbyshire police bring down another major crime ring

4 people from Mansfield fined (£200) for (12 mile) trip to Chesterfield Tesco

"police think there may have been other cars" (travelling a few miles to a large Tesco? -  shlock horror)

- Investigations ongoing

https://www.nottinghampost.com/news/local-news/4-people-mansfield-fined-trip-5067156

Derbyshire Police, Derbyshire Bred

Thick in the arm, Thicker in the head

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

This deserves a careful read

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2021/mar/04/vaccines-tweaked-for-covid-variants-will-be-fast-tracked-safely-says-uk-regulator

My admittedly reading between the lines interpretation:

So effectively, modified vaccines generally have needed to be demonstrably as 'efficacious and safe as prior versions.

The UK is stating that future vaccine approval will not require that, unlike is needed in almost all developed nations.

Is it because they are:

* 'artificially or by use of selective data boosting the claimed efficacy of the existing vaccine and understand that new versions are very unlikely to match those claims and they dont want to get caught out if theycan avoid it

*Quite sure that new variants of the virus will be beyond the efficacy of new versions of the vaccine

* Simply cant be bothered with all this proving it works malarky

All the above?

The Tory Legacy

anyone else had their covid jab? just had mine today, was given the Oxford one,  was very well organised and  they gave you a list of possible side effects

Know a lot have a numb arm shortly after, only had mine at 1.30 :)

• Like 1

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

It seems its mostly the Oxford vaccine at the moment snowdragon.

As far as I am aware all the none surgery pop-ups vaccination tents and most of the surgerys are Oxford currently. I know of only one large local surgery who had pfiser vaccines and apparently ran out last week and went onto Oxford

Thats from very limited knowledge of the situation though and could well be wrong.

Sore arm is of varying intensity all thats reported from everyone I know who have all had the pfiser.

Still humm'ing and rr'ing about my jab. Most indecisive.

The Tory Legacy

To true HB and I do know that ... ... Buurt

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

had mine done at  my  Doctors Surgery as they   doing it there,  there was loads   having it done but social distancing was kept to, was really  organised :) I was undecided tbh but  went and done it 

• Like 2

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

just booked mine - first next week, then 11 weeks for 2nd

• Like 2

The Tory Legacy

was told Oxford one but  card said AstraZeneca,  did ask and was told it same one!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 420 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks