Mutating Corona Virus

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 446 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

On a more concerning note, daughter in law (Nurse) has been feeling crap all week but kept testing negative on daily lft tests so assumed she was just worn out (she's looked that for a while but continued volunteering to cover to help out)

.. on 6th test this morning - tested positive.

- thats 60-80 hours a week the NHS will be down for a while although she will be continuing with her telephone support of her compromised health patients role.

so any who state that nurses are swinging it and lazing with fake orange juice covid positives should be utterly ashamed of themselves, and I'll be happy to assist in them acquiring that shame

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Crumbling Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes

with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

10 years to save the Vest

After Truss lost the shirt off the UKs back in 49 days

I have serious doubts that the lft tests catch omicron except at perhaps a very high end of infection in a narrow window, despite 'assurances' from the 'authorities' that they do

Whether thats the 'quality' of production of the lfts, the escape capabilities of the virus, or aspects of both (most likely) ...

Add that to the evidence that only a very small amount of the virus over a very short period is required to infect ..

Consider that in the context of a next variant with the same transmission rates and vaccine and test avoiding capabilities, but flu pandemic harm capabilities

... alongside the sheer volume of infections = mutations that is occurring

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

EDITION.CNN.COM

The BA.2 virus -- a subvariant of the Omicron coronavirus variant -- isn't just spreading faster than its distant cousin, it may also cause more severe...

"New lab experiments from Japan show that BA.2 may have features that make it as capable of causing serious illness as older variants of Covid-19, including Delta.
And like Omicron, it appears to largely escape the immunity created by vaccines. A booster shot restores protection, making illness after infection about 74% less likely."

"BA.2 is also resistant to some treatments, including sotrovimab, the monoclonal antibody that's currently being used against Omicron."

The findings were posted Wednesday as a preprint study on the bioRxiv server

The Tory Legacy

Not that we had any doubts that is was just in Johnsons interests to mollify his

Ending all Covid restrictions ‘premature and not based on evidence’, says BMA

Council chair says decision not guided by data or made in consultation with health profession

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Council chair says decision not guided by data or made in consultation with health profession

The Tory Legacy

damned broken links - wonder how many people click on last page, get broken link uh-ohh and just naff off

Right - ever onwards

Got a code to pick up lfts, so went to boots - nope, got none. Not entirely unexpected - but read on

Went to Manor and got one

Seems like boots is profiteering despite free packs still supposed to be available

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Chain to sell pack of four for £17, with cheaper offerings online and in March

The Tory Legacy

Had positive test for Covid today.  So far, it is a bit like the start of cold with a cough. 

Was quite surprised it was Covid.

I should imagine many people without access to LFT's are just going into workplaces, thinking it is just a cold.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Keep an eye on it

Daughter in Law ended up in bed with anti-biotics and steroid inhaler for week and not able to do much more that get up to the loo. Only half a step away from hospitalisation for a week - and probably should have been.

Just showing negative on test this morning but in pretty poor shape still.

The Tory Legacy

Already been offered NHS experimental treatments within a few hours of registering the positive test.

Will see how it goes. 

Strange thing is the NHS covid app says to self-isolate for 11 days, when I understand for England, this is no longer a legal requirement, just an advisory to do so and to take another LFT on day 5 to see if still positive. If still positive advisory to self isolate and then re test until the test is negative 2 days in a row.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

10 hours ago, unclebulgaria67 said:

Strange thing is the NHS covid app says to self-isolate for 11 days, when I understand for England,

If still positive advisory to self isolate and then re test until the test is negative 2 days in a row.

Thats the medical and scientific advice

10 hours ago, unclebulgaria67 said:

this is no longer a legal requirement, just an advisory to do so and to take another LFT on day 5 to see if still positive.

thats Johnsons save the rabid dog no matter who else is harmed gambit

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Daughter in law was triple jabbed BTW all Pfizer, in her 30's and good health apart from severe overwork for over a year in the NHS

• Sad 1

The Tory Legacy

Yes I am self isolating at home, but able to do some work remotely.

Will see how it goes with working at home. If I am not well enough, I will have to stop the working and just rest.

Starting feeling a little unwell with a slight cough on Monday. Then feeling more cold like symptoms on the Tuesday decided to test just in case and today have in addition a slight increased temperature.

Covid numbers seem to be rising. An office in the Somerset area had 14 positive cases end of last week. So it appears to be spreading quickly at the moment.

• Like 1

What treatment have the offered UB?so much discussion out there on supplements like Vitamin D, the Ivermectin thing and Remdesivir.

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

+1

and why?

Daughter in law is

A nurse, main work with immune compromised patients, often doing two peoples work due to others being off since before covid, plus has also been filling extra shifts on her hosipitals covid wards as requested

- offered nothing but anti-biotics and steroid inhaler to help with clearing severe chest infection resulting from covid

Mind you, we aren't in London, but it is a MAJOR main hospital she works at.

Seems strange that a front line nurse (I assume Unc isnt a frontline nurse) not offered squat yet unc is ...

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Panoramic whatever that is an antiviral drug study.  Can apply, but may not be accepted. So not exactly offered experimental treatments as I first read it.  But without more information, I would not willingly start taking experimental drugs.

Have also been advised I can obain a blood oxygen checker by local NHS.

I have previously registered for an NHS/University Covid related study.

This is all new to me.  Never had so many contacts from NHS.  Normally, I get a letter from NHS once every few years and when I try to book a health MOT, find out there is a 3 month wait.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, tobyjugg2 said:

Seems strange that a front line nurse (I assume Unc isnt a frontline nurse) not offered squat yet unc is ...

Not strange at all.

it depends if the nurse isn’t in the highest risk group, and if UB is, OR where UB has been offered the PANORAMIC trial. Is your nurse relative over 50? Or in a risk group?

The ‘highest risk’ group is offered treatment by a CMDU.

https://www.england.nhs.uk/coronavirus/wp-content/uploads/sites/52/2021/12/C1479-covid-19-treatment-pathway.pdf

BN : they won’t offer Vitamin D or Ivermectin. Remdesivir is only first line if outside of 5 days but within 7.

“patients under the following conditions:
- Onset of symptoms of COVID-19 within the last 5 days (for nirmatrelvir/ritonavir, sotrovimab and molnupiravir) or 7 days (for remdesivir), remains symptomatic and with no signs of clinical recovery
- SARS-CoV-2 infection is confirmed by either PCR or lateral flow test (registered via gov.uk or NHS 119)
- The patient is a member of a ‘highest’ risk group
- The patient is not hospitalised for COVID-19 and is not requiring new supplemental oxygen specifically for the management of
COVID-19 symptoms”

The PANORAMIC trial

https://www.panoramictrial.org

may be offered:

”if they are:
• aged 50 and over, or aged between 18 to 49 years with underlying health
conditions that make them clinically more vulnerable (see PANORAMIC); and
• have been unwell with COVID-19 for less than five days.
• have a recorded positive PCR or registered lateral flow test within the past seven days.”

so even if UB isn’t in the highest risk group, he may be offered the PANORAMIC trial (and it sounds like he is / was)

Equally, if the nurse isn’t in the higher risk group but isn’t selected at random to be offered a place in PANORAMIC….. nothing odd with UB being offered it and the nurse not.

If UB has an underlying medical condition and the nurse not (or, due to the  age stratification) : that’d explain it, too.

• Thanks 1

Yes the Panoramic study was offered purely as I met the criteria stated above.

Touch wood, I feel that the Covid is mild and should be OK without any additional help.

That's good to hear UB, so hopefully mild

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

On 02/03/2022 at 07:51, tobyjugg2 said:

Daughter in law was triple jabbed BTW all Pfizer, in her 30's and good health apart from severe overwork for over a year in the NHS

.. She was one of the earlier ones to have jabs and booster ...

Not sure if its Delta, Omicron or Omicron BA-2 variant

Symptoms suggest either Delta or Omicron BA-2 (which apparently has Delta severity and Omicron infectiousness and anti-body evading)

Her early teenage son now positive also with banging headache and flu type symptoms

Husband still clear so far

The Tory Legacy

Royal Mail Relay have been told all covid runs will finish at the end of March.

• Thanks 1
Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

interesting chatting to one of our local chemists - says she has never heard of so many people with family members isolating, and how many are quite ill

Daughter in laws son seems to have got over brief illness and feels fine despite still testing positive. Loving being isolated in his room with unlimited game time and being waited on

Daughter in law recovering but still rather washed out.

her O/H still negative.

The Tory Legacy

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 446 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks