• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Mutating Corona Virus

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 448 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

He does make one good point though which has been batted from one post to another

Policy regarding respiratory infection outbreaks and should Covid have been treated differently to flu?

Seems to me that the procedures in place for flu should have been followed until some evidence defined otherwise, but wasn't.

Would anyone ship thousands or millions back from anywhere with even a potentially highly infectious mechanism in process and just shunt them out into the country?

- no-one with sense

There would and should have been whatever checks were available, with returnees VERY definitively quarantined for the known 'incubation' period and definately NOT sent off to do what they like.

lets not forget that Johnson by and large continued with very lax international hubs checks throughout

We STILL dont have temperature scanners at International hubs.

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Crumbling Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes

with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

10 years to save the Vest

After Truss lost the shirt off the UKs back in 49 days

WWW.SCIENCEDAILY.COM

Researchers have found an overload of various inflammatory molecules, 'trapped' inside insoluble microscopic blood clots (micro clots), in the...

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

just as Omicron BA-2 is seemingly RAPIDLY surpassing Omicron BA-1 in infections

We dont yet know if BA-2 is more deadly .. let alone Phi

see Tom Peacock and -

WWW.MEDINDIA.NET

In Israel 20 cases of a new sub-variant of the highly transmissible Omicron variant of COVID have been detected.

and

https://twitter.com/JosetteSchoenma/status/1484190295453581314/photo/1

The Tory Legacy

WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK

Government coronavirus dashboard recorded an average of 173,400 cases between 26 December to 1 January but Office for National Statistics...

The Tory Legacy

Here's an article on living with covid.

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

There will be no ‘victory’ or ‘armistice day’ – the reality of how pandemics end is far more complicated than that, says the science writer Philip Ball

Illegitimi non carborundum

Its spurious HB

For example if a person had diabetes, it would be on a death certificate - so the claim they didn't die from Covid

It isnt the ONS claiming that HB, its persons misrepresenting bits of data without context

More convoluted is the claims that the current rate of all deaths is below the pre-pandemic level, which although true in isolation, isnt actually properly informative :

example that 'ordinary' death  rates were steadily falling,

and a moderate flu epidemic killed quite a few boosting the figures in the samples zone

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

I apologies HB, I just glanced at the blog and seen a few claims like it

• Like 1

The Tory Legacy

4 hours ago, tobyjugg2 said:

Its spurious HB

For example if a person had diabetes, it would be on a death certificate - so the claim they didn't die from Covid

It isnt the ONS claiming that HB, its persons misrepresenting bits of data without context

Ahh, more unsupported piffle regarding stats ....... so, I shall again ask you to "put your money where your mouth is" (not that I expect you to be able to show that you actually understand the real world detail for that which you pontificate about!)

James Tucker appears to understand the process, but doesn't give the details, so, with your expertise, you can illuminate us.

So, for  death within 28 days of a diagnosis of Covid:

Which section of the certificate would diabetes be in then, if you are saying it would be on the death certificate ?

Which section do the ONS actually use when deciding what to classify as the cause of death (for creating the statistics) (So, if diabetes is on there does it actually influence the ONS stats??)

While we are on a roll:

If those people are wrong to say diabetes should be on the certificate: Do you think diabetes should be on the certificate or not?

If you do think it should be on there, which section do you think should diabetes be in, and why?

How about if they had Covid within the last 28 days, but had recovered, were out shopping and had a heart attack (and then a fatal cardiac arrest) in a store:

same questions but for both

a) Covid, and

b) diabetes.

How about if they had had Covid within the last 28 days. but had recovered, were going out shopping but got hit by a bus while crossing the road, suffering fatal injuries.

Same questions (again, both for Covid and diabetes) which section and why.

If you are saying people misrepresent the data : for those examples, can you correctly / accurately classify that data (all the sections of the Medical Certificate of Cause of Death [MCCD}), so that ONS can collate it and report on it correctly  ....... (as its easy to spot off about certification, but even those who actually do it sometimes get these issues wrong!)

..... I suspect you won't be able to answer the above, and will ignore the questions or skate over them with a trite reply , but bonus questions if you can :

a) which are 'unnatural deaths' (and why)?

b) Which should be reported to Her Majesty's Coroner?

Don't forget, if you get it wrong on any of the MCCD's issued the way you would have it, a GRO Registrar might HAVE to refuse the MCCD (causing the Registrant distress because they can't register the death after all.......and it goes to the coroner when the family aren't expecting it.)

So, these aren't solely academic concepts

A) Accurate aggregated ONS data is important for health care planning, and

B) each MCCD that a Registrar has to refuse adds misery to an already grieving family.

Edited by BazzaS

Thought that death certificate information quality had been subject to discussion long before Covid.

I have seen death certs where all conditions that might have been relevant at time of death were recorded, even though they did not appear relevant to me.  For example someone died of heart failure,  but the cert also noted diabetes. The diabetes had only recently been diagnosed in the months before death and this was only the type where diet/exercise required attention.

Not sure about the 28 days issue other than I thought this was a long standing data point.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

16 hours ago, honeybee13 said:

This is fairly unusual for the ONS, I think. I'm not sure who it's aimed at but it's a good explanation.

Perhaps what that does actually tell us is that at least 17,000 people in robust good health with no other issues whatsoever have died of covid

and thats died, not just got ill/been on a ventilator/had health destroyed ... thats actually died despite being in perhaps exceptionally good health

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Talk on the street is that the Gray report may not be out until Monday. Johnson is due to go on a[nother] day trip hundreds of miles from London today. Tory MPs have been on a single line whip since yesterday and could be going back to their constituencies from this afternoon.

It seems the report is being run past lawyers, HR and other experts to make sure all of it can be published, which is what Sue Gray is said to want. Meanwhile, supporters of the PM are starting to talk about a summary being issued instead. I can see why but I think there could be a furore about what will doubtless be seen an attempted cover up.

Wheres he going?

Argentina - where they might not extradite him?

Johnson still being out of jail is a bad example to show the millions of lesser criminals.

The Tory Legacy

4 hours ago, tobyjugg2 said:

Perhaps what that does actually tell us is that at least 17,000 people in robust good health with no other issues whatsoever have died of covid

That's how I read it TJ except for those who died of completely unrelated causes that just happened to be within 28 days of a Covid diagnosis.  There will be some in that category.  For others with underlying conditions I think it's fair to say they might/possibly/probably still be alive but for Covid.  Some would not be.

Edited by hightail

4 hours ago, hightail said:

That's how I read it TJ except for those who died of completely unrelated causes that just happened to be within 28 days of a Covid diagnosis.

??? Not sure on your meaning there HT.

Looks as blurred as some of mine do when I re-read them and think 'well that was as clear and concise as a mudslide. :-)

The query that 17.000 answer was to was asking how many people died of covid with no other causes wasnt it?

Around 176,000 people have died with Covid at least as a significant contributing factor to the death, not an incidental mention is my understanding.

So thats about 10% of the covid deaths seem to be fit and healthy people (vaccination status - dunno)

Like the recent response from the real NHS that people listed as hospital admissions with Covid were admitted primarily for Covid, not just tested positive while there with a sore backside or broken leg as some in various places seem to be trying to infer..

The Tory Legacy

8 hours ago, honeybee13 said:

Johnson is due to go on a[nother] day trip hundreds of miles from London today.

Seems hes in Wales

Can we get Drakeford to send a platoon of dragoon guards to overwhelm his protection team and arrest him or at least slap the report hes running from in his hands

8 hours ago, honeybee13 said:

It seems the report is being run past lawyers, HR and other experts to make sure all of it can be published,

Not certain of the ins and outs - but I thought the met had already declared it OK, surely AFTER CPS advice?.

Isnt that definitive law wise?

Theres only politicking aside from that - and thats Johnsons decisions and demands

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

24 minutes ago, tobyjugg2 said:

Around 176,000 people have died with Covid at least as a significant contributing factor to the death, not an incidental mention is my understanding.

There will be some who were +ve for Covid but it made no real difference, it wasn't why they died.  Not many but there will be. 

2 minutes ago, hightail said:

There will be some who were +ve for Covid but it made no real difference, it wasn't why they died.  Not many but there will be. 

I dont believe that is the case HT

Please re-read

With the 176,000 my understanding is that Covid was at least a significant factor in the death - NOT just incidental.

eg if they didnt have covid, the probably wouldnt have died at that tijme.

With the 17,000 Covid was apparently the ONLY factor

The Tory Legacy

My father had it 'mentioned on the death certificate'.  He had advanced esophageal cancer.  Covid did not kill him, cancer did.  If it hastened his death it was by a couple of days at most.  The same would be true of anyone who caught it in hospital if they were admitted because of trauma with absolutely no other issue.

Edited by hightail

My sympathies and condolances

but you even admit that in that case it probably accelerated his passing, if only by a small amount.

Perhaps consider balancing that with all the deaths, particularly in the early stages of the pandemic, where no Covid test was done at all? and the death certificate just said heart attack or pneumonia or complications due to advanced age ... the list goes on

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

I'm very sorry about your father, HT.

TJ, another way to assess this is the excess mortality figure published by the government. It used to be Chris Giles of the FT and the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries who also published them, but I haven't looked lately.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 448 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks