Mutating Corona Virus

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 447 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

NEWS.SKY.COM

Health Secretary Sajid Javid says further restrictions "must be last resort" but also warns that the record-breaking Omicron wave of...

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

On 31/12/2021 at 14:33, tobyjugg2 said:

... and its not like you've got the buying power of the US or EU now is it?

🤣

the US and the EU are as bankrupt as the UK

The only thing that allows them to buy anything is endless money printing 

The US debt is now in excess of 30 trillion dollars 

The countries of financial stability are Russia and China 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

@theoldrouge  of course the whole way the world financial system works now is fake.

How much wealth actually relates to real assets ?

Back on to the thread topic of Covid, if the world is now going to be  having one pandemic after another, then the US, UK and European countries will continue to look after their own populations, as they have the scientists and the pharmaceutical production facilities available to them.  But this is short sighted, as viruses could mutate and spread from countries with unvaccinated populations.

• Like 1

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

As stated previously UK Government appears to be set on a herd immunity strategy, now that most are vaccinated. The Health Secretary has said that we must live with the virus.

However, this means we will have a very disruptive period, as Omicron is probably not going to be the last variant. There will be issues with services and supplies.

NEWS.SKY.COM

Boris Johnson is tasking ministers with contingency planning in a bid to reduce possible disruption to public services and supply...

Personally, I think Government would be wise to lockdown for 2/3 weeks in January, just to try to limit numbers going into Hospitals, while there will be reduced staffing levels.

No I don't think they are prepared enough. Yes they have existing contingency measures in place, but these tend to be designed to deal with a one off emergency such as a building being closed or heavy snow affecting an area for a period.

I very much doubt any existing contingency measures can effectively help with a pandemic situation, where Government are now going to accept that we continue to live as normal, with only limited measures such as face masks being required.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, honeybee13 said:

It seems rather late to be drawing up contingency plans. Didn't they see the current problems as a possibility?

I don't think there was any realisation of just how many staff would be off isolating. 

I now work in the public sector and yes there are continuity/contingency plans, but what this really means, is that those remaining on the frontline are faced with very difficult choices.  If you have 25% + staff missing, it is not just a case of cutting back on 25% of the work or arranging for some of this to be completed elsewhere. 

Implementing the plans takes time up as well. And if you have people in crisis, then choices have to be made as to which ones are more urgent.

This is why some NHS senior managers are asking Government to consider increasing Covid measures, to reduce some of the pressures being faced.

• Like 1
  • I agree 2

12 hours ago, theoldrouge said:

The countries of financial stability are Russia and China 

🤣

China may be lending money everywhere, but via the very mechanism of electronic IOU's presented by a totalitarian government

- and making 'money' from the interest on the 'loans' to those other counties

If those other countries were 'simply printing money' as you put it, then why would they need China?

I like it when people present simplified valid explanations of complex situations,

but You seem to be just presenting overly simplistic and false  garbage again.

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Crumbling Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes

with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

10 years to save the Vest

After Truss lost the shirt off the UKs back in 49 days

1 hour ago, hightail said:

I don't think there was any realisation of just how many staff would be off isolating. 

I think that is true

but they dont seem to have even planned for what should have been expected.

Johnson simply waffling 'its all over throw your masks away and partaaayyy' - is not valid planning, or even valid incompetence

... let alone his 35 Billion pound private mega-profit test and trace running out of  LFTs and PCR slots when people test more as advised

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

and a happy, safe, healthy and prosperous hottest new year on record to all ..

:-/

• Like 1

The Tory Legacy

15 hours ago, unclebulgaria67 said:

@theoldrouge  of course the whole way the world financial system works now is fake.

How much wealth actually relates to real assets ?

Back on to the thread topic of Covid, if the world is now going to be  having one pandemic after another, then the US, UK and European countries will continue to look after their own populations, as they have the scientists and the pharmaceutical production facilities available to them.  But this is short sighted, as viruses could mutate and spread from countries with unvaccinated populations.

Worse than that

Acting as if 'all is fine' among vaccinated populations is the very mechanism which will drive covid mutation to bypass that vaccination - more so than even mutation in the unvaccinated

The Tory Legacy

Take greater care with the throat swap part of your lfts folks

It seems it could well be folk being a little bit less 'committed' with the throat swap part might be adding to Omicron infection identification 'delay' with self tests

The Tory Legacy

7 hours ago, honeybee13 said:

Isn't that what contingency planning is about though, HT? Imaging the worst that could happen and trying to plan for it?

Well yes but I didn't see that side of it and if you remember my daughter had Omicron very early so I did have an indication of how easily it spreads.  I knew how LFTs were not that useful for advance warning of infection, I knew how the alternative symptoms manifested themselves, I knew how quickly most otherwise healthy (and vaccinated) people recovered.  Not once did I think about how it would affect the running of public transport etc. 

1. As long as positive people must isolate - a truism IMO without a visible  open policy of accepting spread and mutation, illness and death ... as the ERG seem to want

2. and as long as people are told wearing masks and other mitigation on transport/supermarkets/ pubs and clubs was a choice

3. - the people who work in those places are likely to get infected aren't they, even if those working people wear masks

- as masks protect others most

Goto 1.

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

"We know exactly which substances are present in the vaccine formulations, and we understand their properties and safety profiles."

"Despite the very high-tech feel to mRNA vaccines, their ingredients are rather underwhelming. They contain tiny lipid particles—that is, fat—and some polyethylene glycol (PEG), a widely used laxative and excipient (a biologically inactive substance that is used to deliver an active one). A normal therapeutic sachet of the over-the-counter laxative Macrogol, for example, can contain 5 to 10 grams of PEG, while a single dose of an mRNA vaccine contains just 50 micrograms: hundreds-of-thousand-fold less. All but one other component of the mRNA vaccines are substances that can be found in comparable or greater amounts in milk products, soft drinks, fruits, or Jell-O. The final, most essential ingredient, of course, is some messenger RNA (mRNA), a type of nucleic acid, the code of which is “translated” into protein inside a cell. This type of RNA is present in virtually all of our cells: our genes, encoded in DNA, are first transcribed into mRNA before being translated into proteins. In the case of vaccines, mRNA molecules are delivered and translated, but they subsequently decay and disappear entirely over the days following vaccination, without the possibility for renewal. After all, we have no gene to refresh the vaccine-delivered mRNA encoding the spike protein. Once this mRNA is cleared from our bodies, the spike protein too is gone, having shortly existed as just one of tens of thousands of proteins in any given cell.

In short, we know exactly which substances are present in the vaccine formulations, and we possess a detailed and thorough understanding of their properties and safety profiles. We know that PEG can be a problem and anyone with a history of an allergic reaction to PEG or any other component is informed pre-jab. This is incidentally why you must remain under observation around fifteen minutes after vaccination: health care workers are looking for anaphylaxis, armed with EpiPens."

An excellent over-view

BOSTONREVIEW.NET

Concerns about long-term side effects have helped fuel vaccine hesitancy. An immunologist explains why we can be confident in...

and as detailed, For long term effects .. Look to long covid NOT vaccination

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

seen the reports of PCR shortages in wales  as in England

With the issues for travellers resulting in even the BrEx-press stating the system is 'falling apart' as THE (apparently) LFT distributor shut down for Christmas with 2.5M tests (about half what Wales loaned to England) in storage - not that many really

and

WWW.CHRONICLELIVE.CO.UK

Walk-in and drive-in testing grinds to a halt all over the country while pharmacies continue to report shortage of lateral flow kits

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Seems hospital admissions primarily for covid (so NOT trivial, and not just tested positive at hospital) are running at 1,800 - 2,400 a day

https://www.england.nhs.uk/statistics/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2022/01/COVID-19-daily-admissions-and-beds-20220104.xlsx

The Tory Legacy

If the Governments decision to let Omicron rip through the UK proves to be a bad decision, because the NHS could not cope with the numbers, then you wonder what the strategy is going forward.  What actions are then recommended to deal with the next variant of Covid ?

Compulsory vaccination requirement with few reasons for exemption provided ?

Would Government prefer compulsory vaccinations, rather than lock downs ?

Would Government prefer compulsory vaccinations, rather than lock downs ?

Experts keep pleading with HMG to do more than 'vaccine just' but I think they're banking on vaccinations to get rid of the problem. Are we back to the herd immunity strategy?

I was pretty angry about what Johnson said at the presser yesterday. 'We' will just have to get through it. But he isn't part of 'we' in the NHS, is he? I feel so sorry for NHS staff who are being asked to work overtime and during their holidays because the ERG won't let Johnson bring in other measures. This could send people into burnout and make more staff leave.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Agree that the way the Government are handling this at the moment is concerning.

I am not advocating Chinese level of controls over people, but UK Government could start to look at more restrictions/measures, which would make a difference.

• I agree 1

Well, this is what France are doing and I believe Germay is looking to ratchet up pressure on non-vaccinated people too.

What Macron is saying doesn't sound tactful but the Guardian think it's a strategy that's been thought through. It could turn people against him but they think those people wouldn't vote for him anyway.

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

French president stokes divisions as parliament debates tighter requirements for mandatory health pass

• Like 1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Agree with Macron, that those who are not vaccinated should be faced with how their decision affects their freedoms.

I am surprised by the number of health professionals I have come across who have not been vaccinated yet, because they believe on balance it is not the right choice for them at the moment.  Some are young women, who have concerns about fertility, similar to a post to this site recently. 

• I agree 1

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 447 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks