• Tweets

• Thank you for your reply, DX! I was not under the impression that paying it off would remove it from my file. My file is already trashed so it would make very little difference to any credit score. I am not certain if I can claim compensation for a damaged credit score though. Or for them reporting incorrect information for over 10 years? The original debt has been reported since 2013 as an EE debt even though they had sold it in 2014. It appears to be a breach of the Data Protection Act 1998 Section 13 and this all should have come to a head when I paid the £69 in September 2022, or so I thought. The £69 was in addition to the original outstanding balance and not sent to a DCA. Even if I had paid the full balance demanded by the DCA back in 2014 then the £69 would still have been outstanding with EE. If it turns out I have no claim then so be it. Sometimes there's not always a claim if there's blame. The CRA's will not give any reason for not removing it. They simply say it is not their information and refer me to EE. More to the point EE had my updated details since 2022 yet failed to contact me. I have been present on the electoral roll since 2012 so was traceable and I think EE have been negligent in reporting an account as in payment arrangement when in fact it had been sold to a DCA. In my mind what should have happened was the account should have been defaulted before it was closed and sold to the DCA who would then have made a new entry on my credit file with the correct details. However, a further £69 of charges were applied AFTER it was sent to the DCA and it was left open on EE systems. The account was then being reported twice. Once with EE as open with a payment arrangement for the £69 balance which has continued since 2013 and once with the DCA who reported it as defaulted in 2014 and it subsequently dropped off and was written off by the DCA, LOWELL in 2021. I am quite happy for EE to place a closed account on my credit file, marked as satisfied. However, it is clear to me that them reporting an open account with payment arrangement when the balance is £0 and the original debt has been written off is incorrect? Am I wrong?
    • OMG! I Know! .... someone here with a chance to sue Highview for breach of GDPR with a very good chance of winning, I was excited reading it especially after all the work put in by site members and thinking he could hammer them for £££'s and then, the OP disappeared half way through. Although you never know the reason so all I can say is I hope the OP is alive and well regardless. I'd relish the chance to do them for that if they breached my GDPR.
    • The streaming giant also said it added 9.3 million subscribers in the first three months of the year.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Mutating Corona Virus

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 441 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If the UK Government gets its stategy wrong of wanting to get back to normal without masks or social distancing, we could see daily Covid rates hit very levels.  With more people having the need to be treated in hospital and more people dying,  Government would have no choice but to have lockdowns where required. 

I am seeing more people now commuting into offices and with schools back, I predict that by the end of September, the numbers won't look very good. Get ready for lockdown in October a week or two before the school half term which is around the end of October. With a lockdown of 2 to 3 weeks during October, the hope will be that the NHS will be in a better place to cope during the Winter.   And the government will introduce mask wearing and social distancing again for a period.

• I agree 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

HT

I have zero doubts the vaccination program was worthwhile - although could and should have been better.

The information was all there (as linked)

More the fall off in anti-bodies than longer between jabs - hence more Israelis had 2nd jab longer ago and a coresponding drop off in anti-body first defense levels - hence the third booster jab, a quite subtle difference in perspective, but an important one for defining 'issues I think. Also consider that the Israeli's came out of lockdowns sooner than us based on their visible successes.

* Also be aware that Israels testing regime is far more 'capable/wide ranging than ours so will catch more infections.

HT

You yourself noted that anti-body levels increased dramatically after the second dose - and that was also seen in the trials at the recommended intervals

The stretching of the period between vaccinations was almost certainly purely based on availability and getting more first doses in

- and as such was a right choice IMO - and perhaps the easiest available option hence a prime contender.

We now know that (up to 50%) smaller (particularly booster) doses is and was another option which apparently wasn't properly investigated.

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Record low: living standards and investment

Crumbling Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

“This is specifically not allowed. Mr. Mansour used to be a Cabinet Minister in Egypt, he has given the Tories a huge amount of money, and immediately gets a knighthood.

That seems straightforwardly corrupt.  Shouldn’t they both be in jail?”

Also Consider that 73-76% inoculation/infection generated 'immunity' was touted as  'herd immunity' level by some touting the myth of covid 'herd immunity' and still being touted by some

We are now at 80+% 'fully inoculated adults and almost 90% single inoculated adults according to coronavirus.data.gov.uk

PLUS all the infections ...

... with cases rising significantly

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

“This is specifically not allowed. Mr. Mansour used to be a Cabinet Minister in Egypt, he has given the Tories a huge amount of money, and immediately gets a knighthood.

12 hours ago, tobyjugg2 said:

You yourself noted that anti-body levels increased dramatically after the second dose - and that was also seen in the trials at the recommended intervals

They did but what is maybe more interesting was the tests I did at twelve weeks post first dose and around four months (maybe more) post second.  Most recent was only a couple of weeks ago and although antibody levels are not as high as they were four weeks after the second dose they are still at a comfortingly adequate level - about a 25% drop.

12 hours ago, tobyjugg2 said:

The stretching of the period between vaccinations was almost certainly purely based on availability and getting more first doses in

- and as such was a right choice IMO - and perhaps the easiest available option hence a prime contender.

It was the right choice as it turns out.  I'm just thinking there seem to have been further benefits which were not forseen, more luck than judgement maybe. 

45 minutes ago, hightail said:

It was the right choice as it turns out.

A right choice, based on availability

A better choice based on information that was available (simply including the trial information that 50% doses gave almost as much protection) + vaccine availability may well have been to have smaller doses at the recommended intervals which would have allowed more vaccinations from the same amount of vaccine with a speedier generation of high levels of anti-bodies

52 minutes ago, hightail said:

They did but what is maybe more interesting was the tests I did at twelve weeks post first dose and around four months (maybe more) post second.  Most recent was only a couple of weeks ago and although antibody levels are not as high as they were four weeks after the second dose they are still at a comfortingly adequate level - about a 25% drop.

See prior links

Each persons reactions depend on the vaccine used and health-age-immune system-other interactions with covid/similar virii-other infections boosting immune and practicing/preparing immune systems/ (eh the Reporting that those with flu jabs and MMR (and other) vaccination appeared to give peoples immune systems a better chance of fighting covid)

Your drop appears to be at the low end of reported fall off which is great for you -

- those with compromised immunes for example (per already linked reports) may not have got ANY significant antibodies with 2 doses - but are with the third - again depending on what medication they were on at the time among other things

Just as pretty much everyone - even immune compromised had (re)boosted anti-body levels with a third dose 4/6 months+ after the second as already referred

12 hours ago, honeybee13 said:

Didn't the herd immunity percentage figure go up after the delta variant appeared?

Yes - over 97% 'immunisation' level requirements was reported as needed,

I showed/linked the math which clearly showed it had already gone over 100% vaccination/immunised (which is over 97% sic) - daft but the well defined and tested math allows that for a number of reasons

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

So where does this leave the tiny minority of medically unable to have a vaccine, due to previous allergic reation, jab and die or no jab and isolate?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

2 hours ago, hightail said:

Do you have a link to the study TJ?  I would be interested in the numbers.

I'm Sure I already linked Lancet, bmj and israeli reports .. which contained links to the supporting studies

Didnt you read them?

Nothing I'm aware of in any valid detail from UK sources inc Oxford other than bmj

The Tory Legacy

Sounds a bit brusk I know,but understand I have built that understanding almost exclusively with links here

For example That pfiser antibodies start off higher and fall off (generally) slower than O/AZ jabbed

- understanding and accepting the evidence for that before you question with a prove to me the individual cases - which simply aren't available

eg despite recent claims from O/AZ that they are 'equivalent' or some such smudge after  x months when no-one else sees that and sees something far different:

So look here, which also defines many of the issues in the studies, BUT they are quality studies and far better than the O/AZ claims of something different from a dozen or so selected test results.

WWW.MEDRXIV.ORG

medRxiv - The Preprint Server for Health Sciences

The Tory Legacy

What a farce ! Attended an office and by lunchtime was on my way home as someone had a positive covid test, so office could be subject to deep clean. 

This type of situation is happening around the UK, because people are having to go back to work in offices while covid rates are too high.

• Sad 2

Yes whole thing is farcical UB, that aircon and ventilation issue needs a solution as well

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Lack of qualified engineers to verify ventilation standards. Think of how many places they would need to inspect.

Lack of cleaners to do deep cleans when offices have to close due to covid.

Government are moving too quickly and will end up locking down soon, when this could have been avoided.

• Like 1

Well, I don't know all the technicalities but very early on in the pandemic, our own @BazzaSsaid the virus spread through droplets that we exhale when we breathe or speak. 

I'd like to thank Bazza again for educating me when I needed it, this has guided how OH and I have protected ourselves throughout. I remember the last time I saw my GP in person, very early on, all the doors and windows were open and air was flowing freely. 

Going back to ventilation, it can't have come as a surprise that it needed to be looked at in work premises, schools, etc.

• I agree 1

Illegitimi non carborundum

More than half of the problem is the visible government 'messaging'

Relax all restrictions, no one needs to wear a mask, anyone can cram into a disco .. etc with quiet mutters and mumbles of 'don't do it though'

Can anyone wonder that some, perhaps many people really do think its all over?

.. despite even whitties simple statement -  which is being swamped, not least by his own caveating , excusing and delimiting the decision on vaccinating 12-16 yo's

"“Anybody who believes that the big risk of Covid is now all in the past, and it’s too late to be making a difference, has not understood where we’re going to head as we go into autumn and winter”"

Edited by tobyjugg2
  • I agree 2

The Tory Legacy

After leaving the office lunchtime, I wondered down to the nearest high street shops.  All very busy with no social distancing and few masks being worn.

People who looked to be 70+  not wearing masks, it is a bit worrying.

Have the double vaccinations and encouragement from Government, made people think they are now so well protected, they will not get very ill, if they got Covid ?  

WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK

People from top nine priority groups who have been fully vaccinated for more than six months will be eligible for booster

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

and dont forget to switch your darn pinger app off before crowded meetings

5316.jpg?width=445&quality=45&auto=forma

The Tory Legacy

From Ian Dunt on Twitter a bit earlier today. Says it all really.

'We pi**ed away the summer. No attempt to get numbers down while the weather was good. No attempt to ventilate offices or schools. No support for isolation. No effort at all to get us into a better place before the cold weather arrives..

• I agree 2

Illegitimi non carborundum

Just cant resist it

Fake Bo**ocks stays up despite Twitters covid misinformation rules

WWW.EURONEWS.COM

We're almost two years into the COVID-19 pandemic and disinformation remains rife on social media.

Twitter clearly finding Minajs' undoubtedly self promoting bo**ocks just too much of a handful to handle

Didnt know who she was, still dont and certainly dont want to know

Lets hope any future career is now tied to GB news (check the initials)

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

9 hours ago, honeybee13 said:

From Ian Dunt on Twitter a bit earlier today. Says it all really.

'We pi**ed away the summer. No attempt to get numbers down while the weather was good. No attempt to ventilate offices or schools. No support for isolation. No effort at all to get us into a better place before the cold weather arrives..

Everything I find on past pandemics (Ancient civilisations through to Spanish flu) indicates that they last for three years. I don't have access to anything special, only documentaries etc. but it does seem to be a constant.  We may think of ourselves as better than previous generations/civilisations and we do have access to so much more science and technology but although we can stop so many diseases now, once one gets hold seems it will run the course no matter what.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 441 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks