Mutating Corona Virus

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 420 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm sure that a neighbour said they were given it when they were diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

3 hours ago, honeybee13 said:

Yes, I had it at the same time my flu jab. If you're asking whether I reacted, I didn't.

Gratifying to know as I am getting quite concerned as to how many different vaccines I'd want to take at once.  It is looking a bit like desperation that every possible vaccine will be offered more widely than before.  It does look as though Covid boosters may be more targeted now so that would take one off the table - maybe.  OH and I didn't do flu jabs last year.  We judged the risk of going to a mass vaccination session at our surgery (which is always badly run) outweighed the risk of flu considering we didn't go out.

yes - you apparently get offered it if you have certain health issues - like diabetes , or when the years start to mount ....

Interesting much earlier in the thread where linked studies reported flu jabs and some other vaccines seemed to reduce the severity of covid

This year I'll be having the two O/AZm a flu jab, a pneumonia jab, and hopefully a booster pfiser covid jab

Give my immune system plenty of practice .. and we all know - practice makes perfect

I should be pretty much immortal after that lot ..

:-)

oh and last year flu jab at surgery was very well managed and everyone kept a distance from each other

Edited by tobyjugg2

You know what IS patriotic?

Loving your country enough to care for its old and poor, fund its institutions, unite its communities, feed, house and educate its children, restore and live in balance with its environment, plan with care for its future, build its alliances, and perhaps above all - tell it the truth

The Tory Legacy

Record high: taxes, immigration, excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Record low: living standards and investment

Crumbling Hospitals, schools, council services, businesses and roads

They squander taxpayer money by the £thousands on a failed ex-PMs luxury troughing on a plane, rather than feed UK children

18 minutes ago, tobyjugg2 said:

oh and last year flu jab at surgery was very well managed and everyone kept a distance from each other

Our group now run half the surgeries in the county and pull everyone in on one Saturday to queue for hours round the streets of one surgery.  I sure as hell wasn't going to risk that.

25 minutes ago, honeybee13 said:

I've had flu jabs done at the pharmacy in the past, it's often quieter.

Couldn't get a slot because of the above.  Too many trying for that option.

Edited by hightail

21 minutes ago, tobyjugg2 said:

I should be pretty much immortal after that lot ..

:-)

Have to say TJ, considering the way I've embraced life since 'freedom day' I'm a bit surprised I have yet to get Covid.  I've been on public transport, in full West End theatres, local theatres, been in bars, eaten out in crowded restaurants etc. etc.  I've tested roughly every other day and so far still clear.  Much as I'd still appreciate a shot of Pfiser, I have to suppose the AZ is doing a reasonable job.

• Like 1

UK.YAHOO.COM

Britain may be about to start its Covid booster jab roll-out, but already the wheels are in motion for next year's vaccine blitz. This week, ministers...

• Thanks 2

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

1 hour ago, snowdragon said:
UK.YAHOO.COM

Britain may be about to start its Covid booster jab roll-out, but already the wheels are in motion for next year's vaccine blitz. This week, ministers...

Some more on this

WWW.NATIONALGEOGRAPHIC.COM

With the company caught up in murky data releases and public relations misfires, experts worry that the world may turn its back on a vaccine that...

A number of the issues we've already raised here, dubious data, even more dubious claims, incredibly dubious machinations by Johnson et al in the  distribution (and not)

Makes you wonder what would have happened with this if a more honest and reputable government had been involved.

Loving your country enough to care for its old and poor, fund its institutions, unite its communities, feed, house and educate its children, restore and live in balance with its environment, plan with care for its future, build its alliances, and perhaps above all - tell it the truth

The Tory Legacy

Record high: taxes, immigration, excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

They squander taxpayer money by the £thousands on a failed ex-PMs luxury troughing on a plane, rather than feed UK children

2 hours ago, hightail said:

Have to say TJ, considering the way I've embraced life since 'freedom day' I'm a bit surprised I have yet to get Covid.  I've been on public transport, in full West End theatres, local theatres, been in bars, eaten out in crowded restaurants etc. etc.  I've tested roughly every other day and so far still clear.  Much as I'd still appreciate a shot of Pfiser, I have to suppose the AZ is doing a reasonable job.

Mask wearing?

The Tory Legacy

1 minute ago, tobyjugg2 said:

Mask wearing?

Where required so definitely yes on the tube and anywhere others would be uncomfortable if I didn't.  Not so much in the theatre or in bars and restaurants. Shops?  Depends where.  I was the only customer in a warehouse style shoe shop the other week so I took it off to browse.

That mask will be helping, as will your likely still high levels of anti-bodies

You may also be one of the fortunate ones who is highly resistant anyway.

I still wear a mask when I am likely to come into close contact with strangers - I think I owe it to my family and close circle. a couple of whom have compromising health issues.

Interesting point about the fall off in anti-bodies, which are one of the primary and first points of protection.

I've seen some reports from those who should know, that once the anti-body levels have fallen below about 70% of the early high levels - then protection is severely compromised. That quite shocked me - I haven't cross referred those statements significantly yet.

Rather along the lines of: (my simplification and interpretation)

bone marrow generating resistance might last longer in the body - years or decades, but when there is something that can hospitalise you in a couple of days and kill you in under a week wrecking your immune system and major organs as it goes, your body spending 4 or 5 days generating some fresh front line anti-bodies is rather shutting the barn door after the horse has run off and been run over ...

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

2 hours ago, tobyjugg2 said:

I've seen some reports from those who should know, that once the anti-body levels have fallen below about 70% of the early high levels - then protection is severely compromised.

70% of what?  Your initial response or mine?  We each have a unique response to the vaccine or natural infection.

And what do they mean by 'protection'?  We've been told from the start that the vaccines don't stop infection, only serious disease.

All statistics - 70% of the statistical 90+% protection levels of anti-bodies - from what i can gather

Regarding infection, It seems the risk of infection is around halved on average - which as you point out - still means that some are just as likely to get the infection with short contact, yet others can live with an infected person and apparently shake it off

Masks work well in all cases ... even quite basic masks ... provided everyone is wearing them

the risk of serious disease/symptoms in the twice inoculated seems to be only a tenth that of those not inoculated

Its not unlike flu in many way (ducks)

The flu vaccine is a cocktail which triggers the bodies defences ... for a while ... against the stains included in the cocktail

- Increases the bodies ability to fight it, reduces the instances of death (your body being overwhelmed)  and reduces the severity of the disease in those that get it

- hence reduces symptoms of many infected which along with others bodies increased ability to fight the invaders as they invade - reduces spread

- which is also how masks handwashing and distance help - the moats and drawbridges raining attrition down on the invading forces reducing their strength before they get to the main gates, let alone into the city itself.

The nasel sprays being developed are another form of defense which may add to the masks protection and stand in for it where a mask isnt used for whatever reason.

The incidence of flu and other respiratory and microbe illnesses have apparently reduced greatly over the last year - which might well mean we'll see an upsurge in those - hence a big program to get the flu jab into more people

The Tory Legacy

13 hours ago, tobyjugg2 said:

That mask will be helping, as will your likely still high levels of anti-bodies

I don't believe I need continuous high levels of antibodies.  Admittedly I have no scientific background or knowledge but as I understand it a vaccine primes my system to be able to produce antibodies against a given threat, in this case Covid.  The first dose gave my system the info and I produced a very mediocre antibody response.  However, my body knew what to do when I had the second dose and produced a much more robust response.  It's how long that ability to mount an approprate response lasts for which matters and nobody knows that.

Hightail,

Coronavirus doesn't give a monkeys about your beliefs - and you do seem to have the annual flu jab - and Coronavirus is proving itself FAR less seasonal than flu.

It is perhaps the case that at least for the older generations, keeping covid anti-bodies high is at least as, if not even more important than the flu jab. I think so with my current researched understanding.

Although it is true we dont know definatively what a reduction, or even what high levels of anti-bodies stimulated by the current vaccines do with earlier let alone current strains of coronavirus ... the current evidence does lead to the view that keeping anti-body levels high is the right approach.

BUT - there are some basic starting points proven through many other vaccine/virus studies and billions of jabs of experience which quite clearly should be considered as the starting point

Anyone who doesn't use those as a starting point for expectations without SOLID evidence to support the change in stance is being rather foolish (at best) IMO

You might have never driven a ford manual car, but driving a Kia manual car will prepare you quite well for the experience.

and the flu and other prior vaccination program experiences is THE starting point for Coronavirus

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Exclusive: Waning antibody levels are possible warning sign of lower protection in months after vaccination

"The UCL team analysed blood from 605 vaccinated people mostly in their 50s and 60s. They found that antibody levels varied widely between patients, but a double dose of Pfizer/BioNTech tended to produce far more antibodies against the coronavirus than two shots of the Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine.

Three to six weeks after full vaccination with Pfizer, antibody levels typically stood at about 7,500 units per millilitre (ml), but more than halved to 3,320 units per ml after 10 weeks. For AstraZeneca, antibody levels peaked at about 1,200 units per ml and typically fell to 190 units per ml after 10 weeks. Since publishing the results in a letter to the Lancet, the researchers have seen the same trend in a further 4,500 participants in the study."

The Tory Legacy

WWW.HRA.NHS.UK

NOTE:

"Some of the approved research studies access confidential patient  data without consent through the general notice under the Health Service Control of Patient Information Regulations 2002 . They are marked as [Study relying on COPI notice]."

Technical:

WWW.NEWS-MEDICAL.NET

A new study explores the mechanism by which the SARS-CoV-2 lambda variant has acquired immune evasion capabilities above that of the wildtype.

Technical re T-cells

WWW.NEWS-MEDICAL.NET

A new study discusses how both different responses to the infection itself and to COVID-19 vaccines are likely the result of genetic differences.

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

and the O/AZ variant (!beta!) vaccine

The Tory Legacy

and if anyone still doubts that anti-bodies are not only needed, but are the current main/only resistance/preventative (as opposed to keep you from dying while infected) treatment apart from 'blocking' products (masks and nasal spays)

WWW.REUTERS.COM

Trial data from AstraZeneca on Friday raised the prospect of a new treatment to prevent COVID-19 beyond vaccines, giving hope in particular for people...

The Tory Legacy

On 22/08/2021 at 09:39, tobyjugg2 said:

Still only 'on hold' until they try to sneak grab your medical data to sell again

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

A plan to share GP data was set to launch in September, but an online summer campaign has prompted widespread dissent

Booth said NHS Digital has “made a bunch of public promises and we very much want to see how those promises are delivered. We’ve always said there are fairly legitimate, ethical, research and planning uses that can be made of this data – it just has to be done right.

“The question is, what’s going on behind closed doors right now in terms of people lobbying against those [concessions] or for particular exceptions to them.”

and we all know what the populists word is worth to the public

- nowt

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Culture secretary says move could lead to an end to irritating cookie popups and consent requests online

End irritating consent requests ....

Bit rich coming from Johnson awnd crew who do 'government' business by private emails and self deleting (perv and criminal infested) contact methods - and refuse to release them ..

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

High court rules that government does not have to disclose potentially explosive WhatsApp texts

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

It's not unexpected but I think the scrapping of GDPR is very worrying. The only hope is that if it goes too far, other countries won't exchange data with the UK.

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

The government says an overhaul will boost growth and increase trade – but it must be careful not to go too far

Illegitimi non carborundum

I completely fail to see how trashing peoples data rights will 'boost growth and increase trade' with anyone that anybody with sense would wish to deal with

.. oops thats the point isnt it - we wouldn't want to deal with them - all the pop-up and malware sites with no rules to limit them

• I agree 1

The Tory Legacy

I cannot see that the UK Government will be able to change GDPR much.  

Once they start to look through the consequences, it would be too complicated.  

Any company outside of UK/EU that trades with the UK/EU plus their citizens has to comply with GDPR

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

That's what I was saying, UB. If the UK wants to swap data with other countries, hopefully they can't go too far or they will lose the facility.

Given how much faith they put in 'data' to manage everything, this seems a bit of a backward step.

Illegitimi non carborundum

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 420 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks