Mutating Corona Virus

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 421 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

3 hours ago, tobyjugg2 said:

I will still be having my flu jab at my surgery, but pfiser booster wherever i can get it

I've just seen an article which gave out details of walk-in, pop up centres and buses in one area and it gave out details of which vaccines they were using.  Most were AZ and Pfiser but a few were Pfiser only which would be the obvious choice.  Seems your best bet of getting the vaccine you want is to live in an urban area with low take up.

5 hours ago, honeybee13 said:

I understood pharmacies can't give Pfizer jabs because of the low temperature storage they need. So will it be restricted to AZ and other vaccines that don't need super-freezers?

This one confuses me HB.  From what I'm seeing the mobile/walk-in facilities are giving out Pfiser jabs.  If it's easy enough to kit out a bus with the necessary fridge it can't be too difficult to install them elsewhere.  I think it's more the case that they need to hype up/use up the AZ wherever possible.

• I agree 1

8 minutes ago, hightail said:

I've just seen an article which gave out details of walk-in, pop up centres and buses in one area and it gave out details of which vaccines they were using.  Most were AZ and Pfiser but a few were Pfiser only which would be the obvious choice.  Seems your best bet of getting the vaccine you want is to live in an urban area with low take up.

these will be vaccinations (mainly intended for younger people) not boosters wont they HT?

You know what IS patriotic?

Loving your country enough to care for its old and poor, fund its institutions, unite its communities, feed, house and educate its children, restore and live in balance with its environment, plan with care for its future, build its alliances, and perhaps above all - tell it the truth

The Tory Legacy

Record high: taxes, immigration, excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Record low: living standards and investment

Crumbling Hospitals, schools, council services, businesses and roads

They squander taxpayer money by the £thousands on a failed ex-PMs luxury troughing on a plane, rather than feed UK children

So far yes because boosters (3rd dose) aren't being given out yet.  The article I read was for somewhere like Bolton I think and listed locations, times/dates, whether they were doing first or second jabs (or both) and which vaccines they were using.  It didn't say the Pfiser only centres were reserved for the under 40s.

Guessing once 3rd doses are involved there may be restrictions on where you can go so they can force the AZ again.  Guessing again, I'd say it would be worth holding back for a greater chance of the Pfiser.

Edited by hightail

3 minutes ago, tobyjugg2 said:

these will be vaccinations (mainly intended for younger people) not boosters wont they HT?

So Pfizer isn't suitable for that age group. If the centres don't have super-freezers for the doses, I think once they're thawed, they have to be used within about five days and expire after that.

Illegitimi non carborundum

15 hours ago, hightail said:

This one confuses me HB.  From what I'm seeing the mobile/walk-in facilities are giving out Pfiser jabs.  If it's easy enough to kit out a bus with the necessary fridge it can't be too difficult to install them elsewhere.  I think it's more the case that they need to hype up/use up the AZ wherever possible.

perhaps the difference between kitting out local surgeries with small refrigerating units to store and dispense vaccines for the next decade, and giving the amount that would have kitted out a surgery in every town - to the private sector for a couple of buses with fridges?

Far less scope for 'pals profit' when kit needs to be supplied to surgeries, rather than small capital outlay and lots of ongoing costs

Edited by tobyjugg2

Loving your country enough to care for its old and poor, fund its institutions, unite its communities, feed, house and educate its children, restore and live in balance with its environment, plan with care for its future, build its alliances, and perhaps above all - tell it the truth

The Tory Legacy

Record high: taxes, immigration, excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

They squander taxpayer money by the £thousands on a failed ex-PMs luxury troughing on a plane, rather than feed UK children

The whole thing is going to get very messy once boosters come in.  They've said 'fully vaccinated' will mean the most doses you could have had according to the current protocol at the time.  This will mean two doses for some and three for others.  From the end of September this means a nightclub doorman will be expected to question everyone as to whether they are a candidate for a booster before deciding eligibility to enter. 

Which is why Vaccine Passports are unworkable in reality, there will always be people behind in jabs, or medically unable to have them for whatever reason.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Imagine the poor 19 year old agency worker who got sent to a temporary job in a care home at the beginning of this year so got jabbed early.  They no longer have that job so probably won't get a booster.  Who decides if they can attend a football match or a gig?

Schools unions are saying that ventilation in schools should be improved before the new term starts.

This is blindingly obvious and HMG have had well over a year to organise it but don't seem to have done anything.

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Seven unions call on education secretary to improve ventilation to protect children ahead of new term

• I agree 1

This is a depressing read about vaccine hoarding. It isn't how I thought Covax worked, certainly.

APNEWS.COM

LONDON (AP) — An international system to share coronavirus vaccines was supposed to guarantee that low and middle-income countries could get...

• Sad 1

On 17/08/2021 at 14:59, brassnecked said:

Which is why Vaccine Passports are unworkable in reality, there will always be people behind in jabs, or medically unable to have them for whatever reason.

and the jabs behind the virus

Masks work similarly through the variants though .....

But even limited effectiveness vaccination is important as we will soon see

The Tory Legacy

Figures have been released of covid cases from major sporting events this summer. Euro 2020 is in the lead by some margin...

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Study paper says England’s progress to final ‘generated a significant risk to public health across the UK’

Finally - work on ventilating schools and measuring air quality.

They've had about 18 months to think about this and it takes a campaign to make them do anything. It's to be hoped they get on with it now.

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Department for Education decision comes after campaign by school staff and unions for better ventilation

Ventilation in work places is a hot topic at the moment.

There is a complicated calculation to be made, depending on the ventilation in place, to work out how many people can safely be in an office at the same time.

If an office has visitors coming in and the the safe limit will be breached, companies are faced with having to send staff to work from home, if there is no alternative to the visitors attending the office.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Simple ventilation systems are breeding grounds ...

Ever seen in one?

I remember assessing the state of some for an office move

- 3 ply full enclosure protective suit like used in sewers before I'd touch the inside of the ducting after seeing the state of it, let alone breath stuff thats been through it

I'm not that fussy - but it was disgusting.

Needs a really good extraction process after being cleaned - if the air had circulated - it would have been liability

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

I know it's complicated but surely HMG have to try?

This is Christina Pagel of Indie Sage.

BLOGS.BMJ.COM

England is an anomaly in not undertaking any of the three strategies to prevent transmission in schools, says Christina Pagel The highly...

5 hours ago, unclebulgaria67 said:

if an office has visitors coming in and the the safe limit will be breached, companies are faced with having to send staff to work from home, if there is no alternative to the visitors attending the office.

So is this calculated per room or for the whole building or per business if a company doesn't occupy the whole building?  Serious question. Does it rely on floor space so if a business has meeting rooms which are not normally occupied as office space can visitors not be temporarily accommodated in them for meetings?  Even if a visitor does cause a breach does that really mean employees have to work from home?  Very few visitors to a business are there for a whole day, surely an early lunch break for a couple of office staff would cover in most cases.

I have not fully studied this subject, so knowledge fairly basic.

As far as I understand it, it would be building capacity.   But if there is more than one company in a Building they will each have  a capacity limit based on square meters and there will be a capacity for communal areas.

It is the ability of the ventilation system to be able to efficiently extract and replace with  fresh air.

Most businesses occupying larger offices have a facilities management company looking after such issues, but the business managers responsible for H&S should ask the questions.  There are ready made calculators available.

Too many people are thinking this is a temporary problem that will go away if they do nothing long enough - It isnt.

These sort of mitigations need to be implemented to address this AND future outbreaks.

Enough of the shitty working spaces that used to be called sick buildings that damaged health 

- that are now an extreme liability to the nations health.

The Tory Legacy

Still only 'on hold' until they try to sneak grab your medical data to sell again

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

A plan to share GP data was set to launch in September, but an online summer campaign has prompted widespread dissent

Booth said NHS Digital has “made a bunch of public promises and we very much want to see how those promises are delivered. We’ve always said there are fairly legitimate, ethical, research and planning uses that can be made of this data – it just has to be done right.

“The question is, what’s going on behind closed doors right now in terms of people lobbying against those [concessions] or for particular exceptions to them.”

and we all know what the populists word is worth to the public

- nowt

Edited by tobyjugg2
  • Like 1

The Tory Legacy

WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK

Up to 8,000 tests to be made available each day, Department of Health says

Heres another which will need close examination on what they claim they can and what they clearly say they wont do with it

Should have been implemented with CLEAR data protection statements a year ago - so why now?

The Tory Legacy

4 minutes ago, tobyjugg2 said:

so why now?

Maybe because proof of being antibody +ve is an alternative to vaccination status for entry into venues etc.  And with my cynical head on,  they can then claim it isn't so important that they've failed to persuade so many into vaccination.  I have noticed a subtle shift from vaccinations to being antibody +ve as the important figure in the media.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 421 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks