Mutating Corona Virus

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 447 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

5 hours ago, tobyjugg2 said:

They only have to refuse entry  - I've known many do that for just the wrong footwear or shirt

Whether they will or not, and whether venue owners thing more of 'the more people then more money' and instruct as such is another matter

I think it will be more a case of manpower here and the level of skill required to check paperwork (including mobile phone documentation).  For example, I'm not sure how much training an immigration officer gets to check the validity of passports but I'd guess their skill level is greater than could be expected for door staff at a nighclub.  I have my paper copy of vaccine status and it would be a doddle to churn them out to a standard which would satisfy cursory inspection by an amateur. 

• I agree 1

5 minutes ago, honeybee13 said:

Are you talking about dodgy certificates, HT? I'm  not suggesting that you plan to make them.

Not me HB but as the idea of needing them has been driven by low take up of vaccination among the young I'm pretty sure they'll find a way round.  We may moan about the 'yoof' but they can be very resourceful.

Edited by hightail

Looks like boosters may not be available as a matter of course 

A third COVID booster jab is likely to only be needed for a small group of people, according to a government adviser. (Getty)

A third coronavirus jab will “quite likely” only be needed by a small group of people, a government adviser has said.

Professor Adam Finn, who sits on the Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI) – which advises the government on vaccine policy – said people who have a weak immune system are likely to need a booster jab.

He said it is still unclear whether a rollout will be necessary for all over-50s.

His comments came after health secretary Sajid Javid confirmed that plans are under way to prepare for an autumn rollout of booster shots, but stressed that ministers were still waiting for advice on exactly who will need one.

So if boosters aren't needed, why are the government ordering or at least having options on 35m doses of Pfizer alone for next year? I think I got the figure right.

Edited by honeybee13
Previous figure may have been wrong.
  • I agree 1

Illegitimi non carborundum

@hightail

JCVI is a political arm - just look at the changes in personnel recently - members are selectively picked for their opinions

If you want something honest - look to indi sage

@HB

Too true  120 million doses will be enough and to spare for the UK otherwise.

Or is someone expecting a 150 million plus population increase in the UK over the next 2 years?

Its seems that over 50yo O/AZ jabbees are to be offered the pfiser as a booster

You heard the suggestion here first folks

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Crumbling Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes

with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

10 years to save the Vest

After Truss lost the shirt off the UKs back in 49 days

WWW.BBC.CO.UK

Posts claiming Covid vaccines cause miscarriages are not supported by scientific evidence.

As this subject came up before, thought I would add information link

• Thanks 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I am definitely going to have a booster if offered.  Not relying on the 2x AZ providing good protection for a year.

I think there is a UK obligation to help poorer countries, as it is in our self interest.  The number of vaccine factories is increasing to meet world demand and UK should contribute as much as possible towards paying for vaccines.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I've also seen some expert idiot saying it will be seasonal ..

and nobody says to him 'so with cases rising, what season are we in you numpty?'

or is he referring to some day a couple of generations away in the future if a global climate apocalypse doesn't kill us first

.. but at least he said there is 'unlikely to be any real form of herd immunity.

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

15 minutes ago, unclebulgaria67 said:
As this subject came up before, thought I would add information link

"False and misleading claims that Covid-19 vaccines harm fertility and cause miscarriages are still circulating online, against all the evidence."

Should be included with every reference

The Tory Legacy

Now I'm looking

WWW.NATURE.COM

Results hint that dose stretching could help to address the world’s acute vaccine shortage. Using only one-quarter of the usual amount of...

So seems half a dose is likely to be plenty and perhaps even less side effects

Edited by tobyjugg2
  • Like 1

The Tory Legacy

12 hours ago, unclebulgaria67 said:

I think there is a UK obligation to help poorer countries, as it is in our self interest.  The number of vaccine factories is increasing to meet world demand and UK should contribute as much as possible towards paying for vaccines

It's a no brainer.  'Nobody is safe until we're all safe' was a nice little soundbite and in this case also true.

Edited by hightail
  • I agree 1

13 hours ago, tobyjugg2 said:

JCVI is a political arm - just look at the changes in personnel recently - members are selectively picked for their opinions

If you want something honest - look to indi sage

So will govt take notice of what they say or not?  We're all at the mercy of whatever govt decide, no option for individuals of popping along to a private supplier for a booster other than an expensive trip overseas.

3 hours ago, hightail said:

So will govt take notice of what they say or not?

As the members are carefully selected for their opinions, and replaced (by govt) as it suits - who cares?

Rather like whitty - who has largely chosen more and more to bring what he says in line with govt, rather than stating the science as he did.

Seems to me there will be boosters whatever some patsy says today.

I'd be happy to bet significant money on it.

Having read the few available reports on half doses now I know what to look for, I'd bet money thats going to happen too

Dunno why it hasn't - seems the correct dose SHOULD have been properly tested at least 6 months ago

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Mind you

The big issue in the developed world is vaccine 'hesitancy

and I entirely understand why with the utter untrustworthyness of the people in charge here in the UK, and the volume of unaddressed false/misleading information

.. and then theres all the false and misleading stuff on wordpress and the wider internet ...

The Tory Legacy

The misinformation is worrying. In France, protestors have vandalised some vaccine centres and painted on yellow stars to imply it's similar to anti-Jewish moves by the Nazis.

Edit: link added.

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Vandals damage 22 health sites, often leaving graffiti comparing vaccination drive to Holocaust

I'm going to select and summarise the link as I see it:

A 50% dose of pfiser vaccine seems to result in around a  25% decrease in 'antibodies compared to the full dose, and still vastly higher than the O/AZ levels. Younger people generate around a third more anti-bodies than older people for the same dose.

and from what I've seen, the 2 doses, followed by a booster half dose is an overall optimum process to consider giving overall, with O/AZ recipients receiving an Mrna booster at 6 moths or before higher risk periods (autumn/winter) just like the flu jab.

2 x More doses

good protection

The three dose regime (3rd @ 6 months) seems to add to protection and will vaccinate far more people

* A quarter dose regime should be considered where vaccine is in short supply

( I still need to cross refer the 'quarter' dose results)

Excepts:

Both doses of mRNA-1273 induced increases in the levels of anti-SARS-CoV-2-spike bAb from baseline by day 29, 28 days after the first vaccination (Fig. 3A).

Anti-SARS-CoV-2-spike bAb levels increased substantially by 14 days (day 43) after the second vaccination to GM mean (95%CI)

peak levels of :

189 (173–207) and 239 (221–259)mg/ml at 50 and 100mg mRNA-1273 respectively in younger participants,

and 153 (135–175) and 162 (142–185)mg/ml in older participants.

These levels vastly exceeded those in convalescent COVID-19 sera (48 [38–60] mg/ml).

Antibody levels remained elevated through day 57, 28 days after vaccination,

in the younger (146 [132–161] and 181 [164–200)] mg/ml)

and older (107 [93–123)] and 121

WWW.SCIENCEDIRECT.COM

Vaccines are urgently needed to prevent the global spread of severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2). We assessed the...

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

So, its seems for Monday that those who have been double jabbed, and those under 18 will not have to self isolate with a 'suggestion' that they get a PCR

Just a ploy to get people vaccinated, which is a good thing, and if some who have been vaccinated and get infected happen to die or infect their families or others, and if an under 18 or teacher avoidably takes it into a school -  jogg on

Herd infection policy wrapped in an excuse.

Simple facts

Vaccination seems to half transmission, although it seems to reduce the severe effects of around 90% of those infected - so far

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/healthcare

The reality

The Tory Legacy

Big BBC headline 'majority of COVID hospitalised still unvaccinated'

reality - despite 3/4 of adult population double vaccinated, just under half (45%) of those in hospital are vaccinated

(smallprint in that headlines article)

It also notes that virus levels in the vaccinated are similar to those in unvaccinated.

https://www.bbc.com/news/live/uk-58112093

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

In contrast to the many misleading headlines, including the BBC and many others, which sacrifice clarity for attention grabbing, heres some facts

Note the headline says 'what causes the rare blood clots' and 'associated with some covid vaccines

Not some misrepresentative fear mongering miss-used garbage like 'Vaccines cause blood clots' with the clarification that its rare and only in some buried beyond where anti-vaxers and q-anon have the capacity to read

and if anyone resents/resembles that remark - look to yourself not me for the problem and solution.

WWW.NEWSCIENTIST.COM

Johnson & Johnson covid-19 vaccines have been paused in the US after rare reports of blood clots, similar to those linked with the AstraZeneca...

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Worth a look

WWW.EURONEWS.COM

Forget COVID PCR tests up your nose. Getting tested with a simple puff of air might be the diagnostic tool of the future.

Dogs are better

The Tory Legacy

The FT are saying that the government want pharmacies to sign up to give booster vaccinations from the autumn, alongside flu jabs. They hope this will enable some hospital based clinics to close and the staff to go back to trying to clear the backlog of treatment.

I understood pharmacies can't give Pfizer jabs because of the low temperature storage they need. So will it be restricted to AZ and other vaccines that don't need super-freezers?

We've been receiving txts from surgeries saying flu jabs were ordered last year and are on schedule so dont book them elsewhere ....

read behind those lines

The Tory Legacy

As you say though HB, few surgeries have the capability for Pfiser,

and when the larger one near us had pfiser last time they reserved them for their own patients.

I will still be having my flu jab at my surgery, but pfiser booster wherever i can get it

The Tory Legacy

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 447 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks