Mutating Corona Virus

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 421 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

NEWS.SKY.COM

Sixty percent of people being admitted to hospital with COVID-19 have had two doses of a coronavirus vaccine, according to the government's chief...

there are now 3,813 patients in hospital with COVID-19 - the highest number since 24 March.

Edited by tobyjugg2

You know what IS patriotic?

Loving your country enough to care for its old and poor, fund its institutions, unite its communities, feed, house and educate its children, restore and live in balance with its environment, plan with care for its future, build its alliances, and perhaps above all - tell it the truth

The Tory Legacy

Record high: taxes, immigration, excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Record low: living standards and investment

Crumbling Hospitals, schools, council services, businesses and roads

They squander taxpayer money by the £thousands on a failed ex-PMs luxury troughing on a plane, rather than feed UK children

The US has told its citizens not to travel to the UK because of the covid situation.

Meanwhile, someone has noticed that Reunion Island seems to not count as France for people coming in to the UK and they won't have to quarantine. Reunion and Mayotte have the majority of French cases of the Beta variant.

• Thanks 1

Illegitimi non carborundum

That really does tell the story

#

... although to be of more value in the UK, sadly it does need the credits removing

Edited by tobyjugg2

Loving your country enough to care for its old and poor, fund its institutions, unite its communities, feed, house and educate its children, restore and live in balance with its environment, plan with care for its future, build its alliances, and perhaps above all - tell it the truth

The Tory Legacy

Record high: taxes, immigration, excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

They squander taxpayer money by the £thousands on a failed ex-PMs luxury troughing on a plane, rather than feed UK children

and a reminder of the utter cobblers spouted by some supposedly reputable UK scientists (and no hindsight - my opinion is here to see)

NEWS.SKY.COM

Real-time modelling indicates the nation is at a point where enough resistance is built up to combat the spread of infection.

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

So the CSO gave out the wrong info at the presser yesterday. No wonder I was confused by the figures. An apology might have been nice, for worrying people unnecessarily. But I suppose he has at least corrected it.

'Correcting a statistic I gave at the press conference today, 19 July. About 60% of hospitalisations from covid are not from double vaccinated people, rather 60% of hospitalisations from covid are currently from unvaccinated people.'

This is a quote from Downing Street when they were asked about the Dominic Cummings interview that I've put on the Boris Johnson, PM thread.

"The government he leads has delivered the fastest vaccination rollout in Europe, saved millions of jobs through the furlough scheme and prevented the NHS from being overwhelmed through three national lockdowns.

"The government is entirely focused on emerging cautiously from the pandemic and building back better."

The NHS has done supremely well with the vaccine rollout, no denying that. I'm not sure that the fastest in Europe part is still true, but I suppose it depends how you calculate that.

I have a problem with the 'emerging cautiously' comment. They've turned everyone loose, but particularly with young people in clubs there won't be any need to be covid safe until September some time?

I dont trust him either way

In either case the 80-85% effective against severe illness and 90% effective against hospitalisations they've banged on about for so long would seem to be definitively horsesh*t,

let alone allowing half/un-vaccinated into pubs/clubs and wherever, let alone without mask, is even smellier

Let alone - you can go wild now spreading the virus in pubs and clubs, but in October you will need to be vaccinated .....

In fact statistically (rough figures)

60+% of the population vaccinated, and even if it is 40% of those hospitalised vaccinated not the other way around ...

Less than inspiring - surely that should be at most (20% in-effectiveness)*(40% not-vaccinated) of the hospitalised vaccinated ........

.... Unless the claimed vaccine effectiveness is less than half that stated in the real world.

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

On 16/07/2021 at 21:08, honeybee13 said:

But the UK is happy to send people to France or a lot of other places, who might carry the more infectious Delta variant to those countries.

Anything I'm reading suggests the Beta variant is more likely than the Delta to get around vaccines.  I've seen reports that even the AZ is reasonably effective against severe disease with the Delta.

Edited by hightail

As noted above, the AZ vaccine seems to have especially poor effectiveness against the beta (SA) variant

I'd be interested to see the breakdown of which vaccine was used for those hospitalised, with which variant causing the hospitalisation

The Tory Legacy

About a week ago there was a TV news report, that out of about 300 people in hospital about 90 had received 2 vaccination. Most of the 300 were over 50 years old and had health conditions which weakened effectiveness of vaccines.

Those with diabetes appear to be at significant risk and should be shielded as they were previously. Surprised Government is not considering shielding those with certain health conditions.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

17 minutes ago, unclebulgaria67 said:

Surprised Government is not considering shielding those with certain health conditions.

They are - by telling them to shop at less busy times

The Tory Legacy

It does appear that the policy now is to shift blame.  How on earth they think mandatory vaccination for entry into certain venues/events is workable I really can't work out.  Best guess is that it's a ploy to 'encourage' greater take up and he can then announce later it won't be necessary.

If it goes ahead I will be interested to see the going rate for forged documents.

Edited by hightail
  • I agree 2

9 minutes ago, hightail said:

If it goes ahead I will be interested to see the going rate for forged documents.

As little as 40 quid last I heard some time ago

- and it aint a criminal offence to flash a bit of whatever at a club entrance is it?

or will it have to be the electronic one where you have to give all your info  for resale (with no passes) to get one?

The Tory Legacy

1 minute ago, tobyjugg2 said:

or will it have to be the electronic one where you have to give all your info  for resale (with no passes) to get one?

All you need is NHS login details for somebody who is vaccinated.  I'm sure there will be plenty happy to rent that out - everything has a price.

1 hour ago, hightail said:

Anything I'm reading suggests the Beta variant is more likely than the Delta to get around vaccines.  I've seen reports that even the AZ is reasonably effective against severe disease with the Delta.

I've read that too. My point was that most of the French Beta cases are 6,000 miles from Paris. That's starting to come out in the media now.

Two different ministers have now said that the NHS app is only 'advisory' and people can choose whether to self-isolate.

So what's the point of having it? This is going to lead to chaos, they've sent the libertarians out.

??

From Sept 2020

WWW.GOV.UK

From today, people in England will be required by law to self-isolate if they test positive or are contacted by NHS Test and Trace.

The Tory Legacy

I work for a Government department and you would think the world had returned to normal, with managers expecting people to behave as if  we were currently enjoying July 2019 conditions.

I can understand wanting to return to 'normal' ASAP, but expecting most people to be fully operational, when there are many self-isolating, people enjoying first holidays they have had in a long time and many finding it difficult to live without fear of getting Covid etc, it is wishful thinking.

• Sad 1

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

I don't think now is the time for a full return to the office. But unless offices have been adapted to accommodate fewer people, screens installed and adequate ventilation, I don't think it's safe.

I feel very sorry for people who will be forced unwillingly onto public transport with others who may not wish to wear masks.

2 hours ago, tobyjugg2 said:

??

From Sept 2020

WWW.GOV.UK

From today, people in England will be required by law to self-isolate if they test positive or are contacted by NHS Test and Trace.

Correct.  If you are contacted by text or phone you must self-isolate.  Not the case if you are pinged by the app, that's advisory.

HMG is dropping the need for checks by Border Control on passengers arriving from green and amber list countries.

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Exclusive: officers in England no longer have to verify whether new arrivals have received a negative Covid test

Covid data not very good today, with 96 deaths, 46,588 new cases, 4,567 people in hospital

Boris has taken such a risky gamble, that numbers will start to go down during the next few weeks. If the data gets to the level, where Vallance and Whitty feel they have to request Government reintroduces measures including a lockdown, it is going to be difficult for Boris to stay as PM. If the information provided by Cummings in the BBC interview is accurate, I am not sure many people would be happy that it is acceptable to Boris for older people to die from Covid.

I think Boris may have said something similar about older people before. And his father is how old?

After Paul Scully on the media round this morning over being pinged by the NHS app.

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Firms and staff told to follow app’s instructions even though they are not legally enforceable

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 421 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks