Mutating Corona Virus

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 439 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

As Cummings just tells us what we already know:

1. Handcock is a useless prat who lies and lies and lies through his incompetence

2. Johnson is a total useless prat who lies and lies and lies through his incompetence, and

* Goes on holiday in a crisis (paid for by somebody else) while being paid by us to do a PMs job

* Doesn't bother going to multiple COBRA meetings about the crisis because hes too busy writing his book while being paid as our PM

* More willing to mobilise UK assets and capabilities to counter a bit of bad press about nut nuts dog than the pandemic

* Aspires to be seen as the mayor of Amity - a chap who is clearly head, shoulders and torso above Johnson

and Something I'm sure we all didn't realise:

- Cummings' (also genetically 'enhanced') brood sibling Gove is the saviour, adn Sunnack is the one chosen to take the fall for the asset stripping of the UK to enrich cronies - err rebuild a better Britain high on top of the debt mountain Johnsons crew have created to protect us from sea level rise.

while elsewhere:

The Food and Drug Administration on Wednesday authorized a monoclonal antibody drug developed by GlaxoSmithKline and Vir as the third treatment of its kind cleared to help keep high-risk Covid patients out of the hospital.

In laboratory tests the newly authorized drug, known as sotrovimab, has been able to neutralize the virus variants first identified in Britain, South Africa, Brazil, California, New York and India. The federal government, which has so far purchased the other antibody treatments given to Covid patients in the United States, has not announced any plans to purchase the new drug.

- NYT

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Record low: living standards and investment

Crumbling Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

“This is specifically not allowed. Mr. Mansour used to be a Cabinet Minister in Egypt, he has given the Tories a huge amount of money, and immediately gets a knighthood.

That seems straightforwardly corrupt.  Shouldn’t they both be in jail?”

Quote of the day:

Johnson was only persuaded to keep Hancock in his role “because he’s the person you fire when the inquiry comes along”

- Cummings

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

“This is specifically not allowed. Mr. Mansour used to be a Cabinet Minister in Egypt, he has given the Tories a huge amount of money, and immediately gets a knighthood.

I gave in to the dreaded AZ vaccine and conducted a bit of personal research.  I had zero side effects after the first, had a drink that night as I normally would, thought I'd take one for the team and see whether all the dire warnings about consuming alcohol were of consequence.  Not in me.  Ran 5k the next morning, rubbish time but I don't think I can put that down to the vaccine however much I'd like to.  Did an antibody test after 4 weeks and was +ve - comfortingly but not impressively.  The supplier I used gives you the data to see where your levels sit compared with others.  Did another a couple of days before the second jab and antibody levels had doubled.  I can't know if they'd peaked and were waning or still on the way up.

At around £50 a pop it's not exactly available to everyone but with such a complete lack of reaction I was concerned I might be in the percentage (insert today's fudged figure here) who it didn't work for.  The second test admittedly was profligate and out of curiousity rather than concern.  I do intend to do another one in a couple of weeks to see what difference the second jab has made, again pure curiosity.

• Like 3

Had my second AZ jab this morning. 

After the first jab, I was ok for about 10 days, then had a few days where I felt tired/drained of energy,  but whether this was related, don't know.  Hopefully the second jab won't produce any side effects.

• Like 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Interesting what you say about the ten day mark.  It would have been at around that time I noticed I became breathless more easily when running.  Didn't connect it with the vaccine but suspicious now.  It did pass and I got back up to speed after a week or so.

Info/warnings about side effects given at my second jab were very different from the first.  Really making the point about things you mustn't ignore and saying to be vigilant for 4 weeks.

Edited by hightail

Various scientist types are saying that the government shouldn't open up the UK any further while the Indian variant is spreading.

Meanwhile, 1.5 million people arrived in the country in the first four months of the year and most of them didn't quarantine.

NEWS.SKY.COM

Home Office figures show that between 6 January and the end of April, 521,700 UK nationals and 1,070,200 non-UK nationals arrived.

Illegitimi non carborundum

ah yes HB

But Patel and Handcocks old xp office spreadsheet has the capacity to hold 10,000 checks a day as long as you don't mind yesterdays entries being over-written

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

The Tory Legacy

Speaking of Priti Useless, the Good Law Project [Jolyon Maugham] has been doing more investigative journalism than a lot of the mainstream media. Patel and Munira Mirza helped middlemen to win two huge government contracts.

GOODLAWPROJECT.ORG

Government’s position has consistently been that Ministers had no role in PPE procurement decisions. That, as we show below, is just not true. Good...

GPs warn over plans to share patient data with third parties

the advocacy group MedConfidential told the Financial Times: ‘They’re trying to sneak it out, they are giving you six weeks nominally and if you do not act based on webpages on the NHS Digital site and some YouTube videos and a few tweets, your entire GP history could have been scraped, never to be deleted.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2021/may/30/gps-warn-plans-share-patient-data-third-parties-england

I had preiously opted out of my medical history being shared, but that apparently meant squat

The country has a few weeks to opt out or "your entire GP history could have been scraped, never to be deleted.”"

I've opted out again.

Edited by tobyjugg2
  • Like 1

The Tory Legacy

Good post, TJ. Could you link to where people opt out please?

I think people have about three weeks to act, from memory? We opted out last time too but I think this time it's even less clear what the data will be used for, or by whom.

It was somewhat awkward, with the pages set up to run you around see:

DIGITAL.NHS.UK

You can choose to stop your confidential patient information being used for research and planning. Your confidential patient information will still be...

OPT OUT HERE:

DIGITAL.NHS.UK

The national data opt-out is a service that allows patients to opt out of their confidential patient information being used for research and planning.

Short form without the blurb trying to convince you its fine for politicians to do what they like with your medicsal data:

WWW.NHS.UK

Data from your health records can be used to help with research and planning. Read about how we use your data and how you can make a...

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

UK in early stages of third Covid wave, says government adviser

• Sad 1

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

Too true SD

I note they have stopped using the R number and started using "“secondary attack rate” (SAR), which simply means the proportion of an infected person’s contacts who also get infected."

.. given the high reported inoculation rate, and seemingly unknown actual infection rate.

I assume the r rate was to easy to understand. (How many people an infected person .. infected in a non-immunised population' and of course by its definition doesn't 'fit' in a population with some level of 'immunity and or resitance'

The R rate of the early widespread strain was about 2 - 3

The Wessex version (sic Kent) was 50-70% higher r rate

The Indian and related strain is apparently somewhere around 50% more again

So taking the reported stats it would appear that even in our heavily inoculated country, the secondary attack rate for the wessex (Kent) variant will infect around 8-10% of contacts, and the Indian variant types 13-15% of contacts. (probably more)

That inoculated or prior infected/resistant people are far less likely (with current variants) to get severe symptoms or die is a bonus, that they will be less obvious and likely to cause more infection hence mutations and variants is no bonus at all IMO.

A new lockdown is almost certain. How Johnson will spin it is another matter.

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Oh, How long do we think it will be before the 'opt out of Johnson, Handcock and Truss selling my private medical data' site crashes?

Depends on whether the 'news' services report it I suppose.

The Tory Legacy

I think the 21st June change will be delayed for a short period.  Suspect the new date will  be 5th July.

Allowing the extra 2 weeks will mean that most adults will have had at least one vaccination jab and  with some sensible measures remaining such as wearing face coverings as currently required, then hopefully the country will be able to live with some level of Covid-19 remaining.

it is going to be extremely difficult for Government to have any control over peoples behaviours.  As soon as they relax the rules, then you will see crowded pubs ( masks around chins, if at all) and flights to holiday destinations full.  The Covid-19 numbers will increase and by Autumn we could well be back in lockdown, if the NHS is under pressure.

The Prime Minister and the cabinet are going to be face a nightmare few months, possibly more difficult than the peak of the crisis.   People will think that the vaccines are going to help return life back to normal, with no need for masks and social distancing.  It may soon become clear that many of the Covid-19 safety measures will have to remain in place and many people are not going to like this.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

well I am still having  tests after being in hospital after having the Oxford jab, 4 weeks of continuous  headaches until I had to ring NHS, rushe din hospital and not been right since,  had results of some test last week and now showing there is something, was not told what but seems  inflammation of blood vessels,   have  been put on steroids for now as pills to keep blood  pressure, down and being kept close eye on, go back for more tests in June and then see GP again for another follow up,  I can not have any vaccinations while on the steroids so second jab on hold!

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

Making it as hard as possible by requiring two separate opt outs at two separate points by two separate methods aren't they.

This should be on all the news services

I'll be re-checking with my GP tomorrow.

The Tory Legacy

An issue I'm not certain on:

I KNOW I fully opted out of sharing my data some years ago, but on the web site I had to opt out.

The only reason I can think my choices were even half way (less) 'legitimately changed was that I ended up talking to 111 about a medical issue and they asked if it was OK to access my record - I assumed it was that once for that issue ... NOT permanently changed ...

I may have been VERY mistaken.

The Tory Legacy

Have you reported that on the MHRA Yellow card sitefor vaccine adverse events snowdragon?

• Like 1

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

no idea what that is Brassnecked, all know is not been right since had jab, GP now knows. I have to keep asking instead of them telling me, took all this time to actually  have a sort of answer but still not 100&  what is wrong

Sandy xx

CORONAVIRUS-YELLOWCARD.MHRA.GOV.UK

The MHRA site for reporting side effects to medicines, vaccines or medical device and diagnostic adverse incidents used in coronavirus treatment

This one is for reporting anything related to Coronavirus jabs, they are on  Clinical trial ongoing until 2023. They are regarded as safe but like any vaccine or treatment any potential side effect is best reported

• Thanks 1

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

thank you, I am being kept close eye on, had mine beginning  March this year and the effects started about 4 days after and still ongoing

• Like 1

More on opting out of having your medical records shared.

BYLINETIMES.COM

Phil Booth sets out how people can protect their privacy following NHS Digital’s announcement that patients’ GP data will be shared

• Like 1

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 439 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks