Mutating Corona Virus

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 441 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I sincerely hope they do learn some lessons even if we don't know what they are.

So far with the handling of the Indian variant, letting thousands of people in on flights, dithering over putting the country on the red list and now over what to do about outbreaks in the north west of England, I'm not very confident.

Illegitimi non carborundum

COVID-19 vaccines developed by Pfizer/BioNTech and Moderna appear to be effective against the new Indian strain, the European Medicines Agency (EMA) said on Wednesday.

Data reviewed by the European regulator on the efficacy of mRNA vaccines Pfizer/BioNTech and Moderna against variant discovered in India are "encouraging", EMA vaccine strategy manager Marco Cavaleri said at a press conference.

- Euronews

• Like 1

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Record low: living standards and investment

Crumbling Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

“This is specifically not allowed. Mr. Mansour used to be a Cabinet Minister in Egypt, he has given the Tories a huge amount of money, and immediately gets a knighthood.

That seems straightforwardly corrupt.  Shouldn’t they both be in jail?”

Surge testing - “isn’t working”

The government is now seriously considering local and regional Covid curbs to tackle the Indian variant, as concern grows about its rapid spread. “Economic and social” restrictions could be brought back in some places, with cases on the rise in London, Bolton, Nottingham and Tyneside. Downing Street and health chiefs are said to be thinking about bringing forward second doses for older groups, according to The Times.

But unnamed health chiefs told the BBC that current surge testing efforts in hotspot areas for the Indian variant “isn’t working”

- indi newsletter

Better news:

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

“This is specifically not allowed. Mr. Mansour used to be a Cabinet Minister in Egypt, he has given the Tories a huge amount of money, and immediately gets a knighthood.

On 12/05/2021 at 22:03, maroondevo52 said:

PFIZER

Did you just turn up at the drive through, or receive an invite or book ...?

and did you know in advance it would be pfiser?

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Read carefully

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2021/may/14/delay-in-giving-second-jabs-of-pfizer-vaccine-improves-immunity

Im of the distinct opinion that these findings are a misrepresentation by PHE and the tame oxford chaps, disingenuous in fact.

Of particular note

"The researchers then looked at another arm of the immune system, the T cells that destroy infected cells. They found that T cell responses were weaker when the booster was delayed, but settled down to similar levels when people were tested more than three months after the first shot. " (ie after the late second shot and those with the earlier second jab were protected better, sooner)

Selective stats and picked interpretations

We'll see if it all comes unstuck as the variants spread - I hope not, but fear it will.

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

"The vast majority of our cases are in their teens, 20s and 30s at the moment and if we can get vaccinations to [people aged] 16 plus, which are licensed by Pfizer, then it will make a total transformation of the transmission as it moves forward."

- David Greenhalgh Conservative leader of Bolton council

• Like 1

The Tory Legacy

13 hours ago, tobyjugg2 said:

Did you just turn up at the drive through, or receive an invite or book ...?

and did you know in advance it would be pfiser?

I had received a letter for my first vaccine a few months ago but there had been a problem with the postage and it was too short notice for me to get time off from work. I telephoned NHS and they said I would get another letter with a new time and date as it was not possible to do it online.

Think I waited about 6 weeks with no letter so phoned them again, they said there was a problem and would phone me back which they did a few hours later and gave me a new appointment at the drive through, it was only 10 minutes from my house, they did not tell me it was the Pfiser until after they gave me it.

• Thanks 1
Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

"Singapore said on Friday that it would ban dining in restaurants and gatherings of more than two people to try to stem a rise in coronavirus cases"

"The new measures came after the city-state recorded 34 new cases on Thursday, a small number by global standards, but part of a rise in infections traced to vaccinated workers at Singapore Changi Airport.

The airport outbreak began with an 88-year-old member of the airport cleaning crew who was fully vaccinated but who tested positive for the virus on May 5. Co-workers who then became infected later visited an airport food court, where they transmitted the virus to other customers, officials said.

None of the cases linked to the airport outbreak are believed to have resulted in critical illness or death, according to officials."

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/14/world/asia/singapore-covid-restrictions.html

The good news is that apparently no one was seriously ill

The worrying part is that in transmitting to others, the virus will be mutating ..

The Tory Legacy

I am seeing this is page 106 of 112 with none of the pages past here accessible (UH OH page)

Just as screen printed when logged in and reported before

Although its different no of pages when logged in ot not, whether its a correct number of pages certainly does not seem to be directly associated with being logged into the site or not.

Sometimes there are a correct number - more often not.

The Tory Legacy

It is a huge thread what happens when you refresh the page?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

reporting it more for anyone viewing thinking they are missing something - which they well may be from some of the effects I've seen.

Staff have seen the reports.

Its quite possibly associated with using an older version browser and the widely reported issues with some code with older version browsers,  - like ebay pictures not zooming) and trustpilot rather incomprehensibly just banning anything except their 'authorised' browsers even to view the site - so I don't.

I'm not changing my browser which is set up as i want it, with plug ins that I use incompatible with later versions of the browser - as I imagine thousands of others wont.

The Tory Legacy

I've left the site completely (pages all closed but without logging out) and come back from email link and it now says 106 of 106

When I came in fresh before from email link it said 106 of 112

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

12 hours ago, tobyjugg2 said:

I've left the site completely (pages all closed but without logging out) and come back from email link and it now says 106 of 106

When I came in fresh before from email link it said 106 of 112

Me too TJ. I believe the pages are in the region of 191 and 192 currently. At least we're here, and  working through it 

It would also seem to be 'advice' again so means squat

Liars Johnson Handcock + Patel + co. Liars extraordinaire,  trying to avoid clarity on needed local lock downs in the run up to full opening .. or more likely another lockdown

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

They are good at deflecting blame from themselves, like they are Teflon coated.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

+ allow populist politicians and their supporters to do what they like while 'remaining within the law and allegedly acting with integrity

.. while the police under 'instruction' from home office 'guidelines'  crack down on a plebs having a socially distanced chat with their  grandma over a fence or who go for a socially distanced walk with your sole lockdown support friend

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

The goalposts move again, being fully vaccinated won't set you free

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2021/05/24/exclusive-vaccination-wont-mean-end-self-isolating/

Text of Article pasted below:

Fully vaccinated people face still having to self-isolate for 10 days if they come into contact with someone infected with Covid after June 21, The Telegraph understands.

The continued imposition of quarantine for those who have been vaccinated is likely to undermine plans for "normality" to return next month because people may be deterred from going to crowded places if they face the threat of enforced self-isolation.

Workplaces may also be loath to mix vaccinated and unvaccinated staff if a case of Covid could see dozens of staff being forced into quarantine.  

In America, fully vaccinated people do not need to quarantine if they have come into contact with someone who has had Covid unless they are showing symptoms, according to guidance from the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Conclusions from a review into social distancing rules are due to be announced next week, with a relaxation of the need to keep one metre apart indoors and wear face masks possible from June 21 – the final stage in Boris Johnson's reopening roadmap for England.

However, well-placed government sources argued that it was important that the contact tracing system remained in place because it remained possible to catch and pass on Covid if vaccinated. "There is still a risk of getting the virus and spreading it on," said one.

It means millions of people who have had two doses of the vaccine could still be made to spend 10 days at home if the NHS alerts them that they have been in close contact with an infected person.

Close contact is defined as having a face-to-face conversation, being within one metre for one minute or within two metres for 15 minutes.  Not even a subsequent negative test would be enough to allow them to end their quarantine.  

Fears that vaccinated people could still spread Covid were somewhat undermined on Monday when Prof Andrew Pollard, the director of the Oxford Vaccine Group at the University of Oxford, said that the pandemic could effectively be considered "over" if vaccines prevent hospitalisations rather than preventing all infection.  

Prof Pollard said: "If the current generation of vaccines are able to stop people going into hospital, whilst there is still mild infections, people are getting the common cold with the virus, then the pandemic is over."

Continuing the self-isolation rule will prompt questions about the Government's faith in the vaccines and whether it is maximising the benefits of its successful jab rollout. 

The latest figures show that 38 million adults have had their first dose and almost 23 million have had their second.  

In the US, those who have been fully vaccinated also generally do not need to wear face masks or socially distance – unless state or local rules demand it – and do not need to produce a negative test before flying abroad.

Downing Street insisted no final decisions about the shape of the reopening from June 21 have been taken, with the Indian variant being monitored closely and creating added uncertainty.

But multiple government sources connected to the review into social distancing rules stressed there was no sign that a shake-up of the self-isolation rules was being considered, with many predicting that they will remain in their current state.

Some ministers and industry figures are pushing a plan to let people who have tested negative after five days be released from self-isolation, which is also referred to as quarantine in some countries. One minister with a brief focused on the economy said the idea "makes sense", adding: "People are wanting to go back to a sense of normality."

It would match the rules currently in place for travellers who come to Britain from countries on the "amber list" in the Government's traffic light system for international travel, but has yet to gain momentum inside Downing Street.

Meanwhile, a football industry chief suggested fans could add their vaccine status to their season tickets if a Covid certificate scheme was introduced.

Bill Bush, the director of policy at the Premier League, threw his backing behind the idea, telling MPs it would be a "major reassurance" to the sport.

• Like 2

In other words ... its all up in the air, and the only certainty is that 'return to normal' will be to a new 'normal quite different from the old 'norrmal for some years to come at least,

however much Johnson and Handcock the LIARS avoid saying that

The vaccine, along with in excess of 125,000 of the more susceptible/vulnerable in the UK dying (and far more than 3.5 Million dead worldwide)  may significantly reduce severe case hospitalisations in the UK and a few other nations  .. for now ... (see below)

BUT BUT BUT Continued spreading infections = continued mutations

- and they dont need to be here when the BIG mutations happen.

In as little as a couple of generations, the human race might gain some higher levels of 'natural resistance as we have with the flu

.. provided Covid doesn't CONTINUE  mutating into new strains, some ever more virulent and transmissible  - as it has from the start.

Hospitalisations triple in one area as 37% of England sees rise in Covid

https://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/hospitalisations-triple-one-area-37-5452827

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Amongst all the articles on Demonic in front of the select committees, there's this from an epidemiologist.

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

The big question isn’t what mistakes were made over ‘herd immunity’, but why Westminster never learned from those errors says clinical...

• Like 1

Illegitimi non carborundum

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 441 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks