Mutating Corona Virus

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 441 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yes they are

Updated today

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-free-school-meals-guidance/covid-19-free-school-meals-guidance-for-schools#national-voucher-scheme

So kids suffering unreasonably and unnecessarily on the alter of Tory pal profits and doners will reduce next week hopefully

Has the MPs subsidised canteen been shut down yet - or at least limited to the same food packs the kids are getting?

If not, why not.

Bloody furious

• Like 1

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Record low: living standards and investment

Crumbling Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

“This is specifically not allowed. Mr. Mansour used to be a Cabinet Minister in Egypt, he has given the Tories a huge amount of money, and immediately gets a knighthood.

That seems straightforwardly corrupt.  Shouldn’t they both be in jail?”

Yes HB I know but the parent Compass are responsible for keeping Chartwell up to standard, and that part is the named brand operating those Works canteens, or were pre Covid.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

I saw red at these tone deaf comments by Tory MP Pauline Latham on Channel4 News that 'it's only their lunch', missing the point that for some poor kids it's their only hot meal of the day, or only meal.

Language warning about Michael Spicer's tweet. Jack Monroe put things very succinctly.

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/politics/tory-mp-defends-free-school-meal-controversy-saying-its-only-lunch/13/01/

Illegitimi non carborundum

They don't get it, some schools had Breakfast Clubs with toast and cereals as many children would not otherwise eat before lunch.

• Like 1

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Lockdown tightening in Scotland from Saturday, not before time !!

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

New  headline for them

Chartwell, supplying scumtuous organic material to children

Motto

There are hungry children to profit from

(5% of profits to populist causes)

Hopefully the bad press with bankrupt them

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

“This is specifically not allowed. Mr. Mansour used to be a Cabinet Minister in Egypt, he has given the Tories a huge amount of money, and immediately gets a knighthood.

'Benefits' is generally a very difficult area - and many of my friends (quite justifiably) think I'm rather right leaning on them - and I wouldn't dispute that assessment

But whatever the situation, two things you can be quite sure of

1. it aint the kids fault

2. How they are treated defines our nations future

I have almost zero sympathy for adults except for one area - where they see their kids suffering despite their best efforts.

That is a condemnation of our whole society and everyone of us, even if its only a handful that are 'seen' as the primary cause of it.

One thing we; as a nation and as parents should and must never EVER forget is that EVERY one of the Tory party voted against feeding hungry British kids. Our nations kids.

Unconscionable and unforgivable.

The Tory Legacy

In Scotland still no mention of non-essential construction or manufacturing again, its as if they want people to forget there's still hundreds of thousands of people travelling to and from work on non essential business.

Going back to Tories voting against feeding hungry children, this morning Piers Morgan made Door Matt squirm over whether he regretted voting that way but just go robo-response rather than a straight answer. Not a surprise, I know, but at least he was shown for what he is.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1349281812657430529

Illegitimi non carborundum

I see that o/AZ have confirmed that 1.1 million doses have been released to the UK 'to date'

plus of course the 800,000 pfizer doses we got, quite a few of which have been reported apparently spoiled due to none turn ups/refusals and the extra fragility of the pfiser vaccine

so many that:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-55644616

So thats 1.1 + 0.8 million doses with quite a few 'spoiled' (but add a few extra apparently squeezed from the vials (oops viles FS corrected) it has been suggested)

Yet the UK government claims 2.6 million plus vaccinations - apparently from 1.9 million doses.

Hows that then? What am I missing?

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Well they did claim 1,112,866 vacinations up to 3rd Jan when they started with the O/AZ vaccine  (on 4th)

... from as far as I can see 800,000 available pfizer doses

With reported spoilage and so far unused, that looks like a 50% 'over count' to me. Could be wrong - but thats what it looks like.

.. unless they have been giving unapproved half doses without telling anyone ...

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-success-of-vaccine-rollout-will-remain-a-mystery-so-long-as-government-keeps-key-data-under-wraps-12186846

When asked for updated figures:

"AstraZeneca, the pharmaceutical company manufacturing the Oxford vaccine, said it had been asked not to divulge weekly figures on how much vaccine it is handing over to the NHS."

Note

The lower vaccination figure in the link compared to my higher quoted one from

https://www.england.nhs.uk/statistics/statistical-work-areas/covid-19-vaccinations/

Is something to do with number of people vs number of vaccinations (some have had two)

... but the figures still dont add up - so one or both would clearly seem to be 'not reflecting the true situation'.

The Tory Legacy

Even the munged death rate has passed 100,000 in the UK now hasn't it?

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Caelainn Barr

Caelainn Barr

More than 100,000 people have died from coronavirus across the UK since the disease first appeared in the country almost a year ago.

New government figures show there were a record 1,564 new fatalities, as a series of record-high death figures announced by the government brings the bleak death toll to 101,160.

More than one in ten of these deaths have been announced since the start of 2021.

The UK now has one of the worst Covid mortality rates in the world, at 151 per 100,000 people, ahead of the US, Spain and Mexico where ahead of the US, Spain and Mexico where there are 116, 113 and 108 deaths per 100,000 people respectively.

There have been 93,418 coronavirus deaths recorded by statistical agencies based on deaths with Covid on the death certificate since the beginning of the pandemic up to 10 January, and a further 7,742 deaths since, according to figures published by the government based on deaths within 28 days of a positive test for the virus.

The Tory Legacy

2 hours ago, maroondevo52 said:

In Scotland still no mention of non-essential construction or manufacturing again, its as if they want people to forget there's still hundreds of thousands of people travelling to and from work on non essential business.

Son has to go to Scotland from Wales soon to sort the IT out at a construction site, as Wee Nippy Nicola says overnight stays banned, i will have to go with him as second driver to drive home.  Whats our chance of getting dragged off to The Barlinnie?

Meanwhile Heddlu De Cymru make themselves out as Stasi  https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/13724769/couple-fined-driving-visit-mum-care-home/

10 minutes ago, brassnecked said:

Meanwhile Heddlu De Cymru make themselves out as Stasi  https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/13724769/couple-fined-driving-visit-mum-care-home/

What's really frightening is that this won't stop - ever.  The police are constantly asking for more powers whilst not using the ones they already have effectively.  These extra powers will not be rescinded once the (perceived) need for them abates.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, hightail said:

What's really frightening is that this won't stop - ever.  The police are constantly asking for more powers whilst not using the ones they already have effectively.  These extra powers will not be rescinded once the (perceived) need for them abates.

What I find strange ...  is the readiness for some police forces to go mob handed to ever more isolated beauty spots to threaten and intimidate a few people trying trying to safely exercise in line with the rules (as opposed to a family outing to 'test their eyesight)

.. But appear to be resisting l(harder than John Wayne at the Alamo) helping enforce face mask wearing where its needed at supermarkets

The Tory Legacy

3 hours ago, brassnecked said:

Son has to go to Scotland from Wales soon to sort the IT out at a construction site, as Wee Nippy Nicola says overnight stays banned, i will have to go with him as second driver to drive home.  Whats our chance of getting dragged off to The Barlinnie?

Think it'll be all down to how lucky you are, saying that, the roads up here are very busy, so the chances of you getting stopped could be quite low.

My son says he's expecting to be handing out a lot more fines after Saturday than he did during the 1st lockdown.

The majority of people up here are ignoring the rules, hopefully after Saturday they will have to comply a bit more.

Needs sorting, but it would be a Work Journey so likely classed as essential, unless wee Nippy closes Construction sites.

2 minutes ago, brassnecked said:

Needs sorting, but it would be a Work Journey so likely classed as essential, unless wee Nippy closes Construction sites.

Yes that would be fine I would think, she's no half a pain in the backside :)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 441 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks