Mutating Corona Virus

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 420 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Probably best for now UB, so long as they can put in the systems and a reliable VPN, with top quality security makes sense.  Last thing they want is an entire office going down due to all staff infected. Just hope they risk assess and provide a decent chair and workstation for those without, a lappy on the knee or dining table not good imho. S

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

We can spend up to £200 on basic furniture for office set up and be reimbursed. 

I have a fully adjustable chair with back support arriving today and may get another table, as a I am using an old kitchen table at the moment. Already have a separate large monitor, so I am not looking at small laptop screen all day.

So far I seem to be working harder at home with less distractions, with phone calls lasting longer. So I am going to have to start being more disciplined taking breaks away from my work. 

• Like 2

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Message To the politicians:

Stay at one home
Stop routing taxpayer billions to your pals and family businesses
Properly fund the NHS

• Like 2

You know what IS patriotic?

Loving your country enough to care for its old and poor, fund its institutions, unite its communities, feed, house and educate its children, restore and live in balance with its environment, plan with care for its future, build its alliances, and perhaps above all - tell it the truth

The Tory Legacy

Record high: taxes, immigration, excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Record low: living standards and investment

Crumbling Hospitals, schools, council services, businesses and roads

They squander taxpayer money by the £thousands on a failed ex-PMs luxury troughing on a plane, rather than feed UK children

If you get a bigger monitor to plug into the laptop, make sure its flicker free, there is a dimming technique used on some monitors PWM  that causes similar issues to the old interlaced refresh rate on CRT monitors article explaining it here bit technical but reasonably easy to get the gist, it certainly opened the eyes of a H & S guy when i told him, as they had bought new screens  that used PWM and were suddenly getting headaches and other issues in the offices where they had put them.

https://www.tftcentral.co.uk/articles/pulse_width_modulation.htm

• Thanks 1

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

After a statement from the National Chief Police Council which pointed out there were no legal restrictions on the distance one could travel for exercise – the force (Derbyshire) has said it will review all fines given out during the lockdown.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/police-women-walk-derbyshire-coronavirus-lockdown-picnic-coffee-b1784816.html

After travelling 10 minutes to take a socially distanced walk they Jessica Allen and Eliza Moore were stopped by officers and told their takeaway coffees counted as an illegal picnic

Edited by tobyjugg2

Loving your country enough to care for its old and poor, fund its institutions, unite its communities, feed, house and educate its children, restore and live in balance with its environment, plan with care for its future, build its alliances, and perhaps above all - tell it the truth

The Tory Legacy

Record high: taxes, immigration, excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

They squander taxpayer money by the £thousands on a failed ex-PMs luxury troughing on a plane, rather than feed UK children

Derbyshire screwing up again, they really are trying the Common Purpose act beyond Authority but don't get caught out mantra, but going all ultra vires and medieval has backfired on them again.

I just checked and my Benq monitor is flicker free and is one of their eyecare models. 

I am going to try to visit shops less often, probably 1 or 2 visits per week max.  From what I understand, apart from schools, the next places viruses have found to have caused infection outbreaks is Supermarkets. I always take precautions applying hand gel, but apparently according to a senior Doctor* this new strain of virus is more able to pass through most face masks people are wearing.

*Someone I know has a relative who is a Senior Doctor who told them there is some evidence that this new virus strain may get through the cheap masks that are mostly available.  If this is true, then may be it would be worth buying  better quality masks, just to be on the safe side !

it will have to be the gloves again, could do with Gordon Freeman's HEV Suit  will have to replace a monitor soon,  he ones I have are flicker free, LG ultrawide and a Dell Ultrasharp, but to Mark Drakeford monitors are Non Essential probably, he initially banned baby formula, bottles and women's sanitary products from sale as Non Essential last year,  either that or his guidance to retailers was fatally flawed while Vaughan Gething (the Chip) was pwned over kettles and a hairdryer being Non Essential..

Nothing like the derbyshire numpties mob handed fining for travelling 6 miles to exercise in safety,

... and a quick correction and apology, but still rather stupid

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/snowball-coronavirus-fine-lockdown-shropshire-police-b1784609.html

Covid rules should not be used as an easy hit for lazy coppers when real rules are broken let alone when they aren't,

.... and certainly not IF some miserable old stoat goes off on one just because some kids are letting off steam

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Reported in The Heil that a woman was fined for leaving her house twice in one day, so its becoming surreal 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9131071/Priti-Patel-defends-police-strong-enforcement-Covid-rules.html

Wonder if there will be a repeat of the Yorkshire Police messup when they tried to make som eone go inside from their own garden in April

https://www.express.co.uk/life-style/life/1267576/Police-lockdown-extreme-Easter-crackdown-measures-Priti-Patel-coronavirus

Its coming from Patel and her intent to 'increase police powers'

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/priti-patel-police-lockdown-rules-b1784926.html

What and appropriate and suitable picture :

newFile-1.jpg.83365a239375b060e7c1d3ccf0b786b4.jpg

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

All that's missing are the Jackboots Patel should have been wearing

• Like 1

On 08/01/2021 at 12:30, citizenB said:

The video does not really seem to capture everything other than a lot of noise - why did the homeowners simply not confirm that their daughter had been discharged from hospital - from what I am seeing, the two people at the door appear to be confrontational.  Who is actually videoing this ?

Having 'enthusiastic' police storm your house doesn't always elicit a calm reponse from ordinary, law abiding individuals.  They probably didn't connect the hospital discharge with the accusations - would you?  I wouldn't.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, brassnecked said:

Reported in The Heil that a woman was fined for leaving her house twice in one day, so its becoming surreal 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9131071/Priti-Patel-defends-police-strong-enforcement-Covid-rules.html

Wonder if there will be a repeat of the Yorkshire Police messup when they tried to make som eone go inside from their own garden in April

https://www.express.co.uk/life-style/life/1267576/Police-lockdown-extreme-Easter-crackdown-measures-Priti-Patel-coronavirus

So, you cannot drive 5 miles to go for exercise - but you can go to a football match ?? 

Does this mean, I HAVE to shop at my local Co-op which is 2.5 miles away.. all the larger supermarkets are a 10 mile drive.  Not that I shop at the larger stores but if I were to, then I would multi task.. do my shopping, then drive a further mile to walk the dog in a Woodland area - it does not make sense to me. 

I thought Jacqui Smith, (Labour/former Home Secretary) was a power hungry madam.. But Priti Patel beats her hands down !

• Like 2

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

13 hours ago, hightail said:

Having 'enthusiastic' police storm your house doesn't always elicit a calm reponse from ordinary, law abiding individuals. 

Nor 4-6 coppers surrounding you and 'informing you' that the takaway coffee in your hand means you've broken some law and you have a 200 pound fine.

Perhaps easy to understand how some might thing they are local protection racket thugs demanding protection money while dressed up as police.

and with the pictures of what I've seen why the heck are here 4-6 coppers stationed at numerous beauty spot car parks when a single officer could more than adequately 'inform' ?

- do the police forces really have that many officers to spare without affecting their duties in more populous areas?

The Tory Legacy

2 minutes ago, tobyjugg2 said:

do the police forces really have that many officers to spare without affecting their duties in more populous areas?

Apparently so.  The thing that jumps out at me from all this is that they target the easy mark, the low hanging fruit.  It may make for good numbers but it isn’t doing anything to help contain the virus.

and as Johnson (and handcock) have already unequivocally stated, travelling FAR more than 10 minutes to a beauty spot to 'test your eyesight' let alone legitimately get some exercise apparently unquestionably (in their eyes) defines you as acting 'responsibly, legally and with integrity'

Clearly any answer to questioning officers should be 'I've travelled here for exercise - body, mind and eyes. The coffee is weights, not a picnic.

Officer should respond:

'Oh thats perfectly fine then you responsible upstanding person'

While all six of them applaud you

(sic)

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

The thing that makes their actions the physical equivalent of an oxymoron, is the go in mob handed and surround people in effect like bullies, then issue fines for ephemerl things like a mob of police said to a guy in London, "You are under arrest for Breach of Covid" so what is breach of Covid?  they might actually be spreading the virus not helping prevent with all these interactions .

needs a UK version of Audit the Audit those coppers at the beauty spot would be graded F for that most likely.

25 minutes ago, brassnecked said:

in effect like bullies

That's how I view them nowadays, they are the enemy because they're looking to find something, anything to put blame onto ordinary citizens and will make it up if necessary (such as 'breach of covid').  I grew up in a world where you were told to find/trust a policeman if you needed help.  There's no way I'd teach a child that now.

• Like 2

Child most likely be arrested for "Breach of Covid" these days, why are you out? demands the copper,   "some big boys took my bike cried the child, too bad iI will have to cuff you as you have breached Corona Virus Regulations.  That seems a very likely scenario these days HT.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, hightail said:

That's how I view them nowadays, they are the enemy because they're looking to find something, anything to put blame onto ordinary citizens and will make it up if necessary (such as 'breach of covid').  I grew up in a world where you were told to find/trust a policeman if you needed help.  There's no way I'd teach a child that now.

I'd qualify that by saying that there are many many decent coppers around, undoubtedly the majority in fact,

but the fact is that the uniform requires 'unimpeachable' trust, and that has largely gone

and being more damaged by the week.

Edited by tobyjugg2
  • Like 3

The Tory Legacy

I’d hope there are still decent ones around but unfortunately you can’t tell at a glance.  What’s more, it seems those on a power trip are destined for success within the organisation so it becomes an acceptable, even desirable trait.

On a side note..

I've had a few symptoms (mild slightly catarrhy occasional cough, very small bit of congestion and a bit of clamminess) which I was 95% sure was a mild cold

... so I took the opportunity to make use of a lateral flow test - which returned a negative result (about 55% accuracy apparently)

So following the Oxford/AZ example I added the two together (no matter how questionable one or more of the results)

... and am now only 75% sure I only have a mild cold.

☹️

Edited by tobyjugg2
  • Haha 2

The Tory Legacy

The Tory Legacy

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 420 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks