Mutating Corona Virus

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 442 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

YesTJ questions must be asked, but if Big brother watch are going in hard, there is usually substance to it  The copper is obeying Sturgeons instructions, the daughter is epileptic and fell into a fit when grabbed by the copper apparently.  No doubt more will come out soon.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

1 hour ago, brassnecked said:

YesTJ questions must be asked, but if Big brother watch are going in hard, there is usually substance to it  The copper is obeying Sturgeons instructions, the daughter is epileptic and fell into a fit when grabbed by the copper apparently.  No doubt more will come out soon.

I must have missed sturgeon hold a rally instructing police to go in there and fight, geve 'em the heeed ...

.. but that copper def has some explaining to do to his superiors and perhaps a disciplinary investigation whatever else the situation

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Crumbling Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes

with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

10 years to save the Vest

After Truss lost the shirt off the UKs back in 49 days

4 hours ago, hightail said:

I know and they’re being allowed to choose.  I really don’t get it.  We’re using this vaccine first on people who are already corralled and quarantined while the working population are left til last and now we’re giving them the very choice the rest are to be denied.  

I share your puzzlement over this hightail.  It probably is a difficult decision to make as to who is first on the list, but I would have assumed that those working in the NHS 'patient facing', school staff, shop staff, dentists, opticians , to have been first on the list.  For those who have been chosen to go first to refuse to take whatever version is on offer is bizarre. 

I am assuming (and probably should not) that they have chosen care home residents and the elderly who may well have been shielding is in the first instance because they have a good proportion of 'victims' in one place eg, care homes and that those who have been shielding would be welcoming either version of the vaccine in order to feel safe. 

I do agree that politicians should be last on the list though :lol:

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

2 hours ago, brassnecked said:

Thoughts, should the Police in England & Wales do similar?  That is what is on the cards if the Muppet West Midlands PCC had his way.

The video does not really seem to capture everything other than a lot of noise - why did the homeowners simply not confirm that their daughter had been discharged from hospital - from what I am seeing, the two people at the door appear to be confrontational.  Who is actually videoing this ?

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

2 women in separate vehicles, drive 5 miles to beauty spot to take exercise - their hot drinks presumably purchased on the way are apparently classed as a picnic ! and the police have issued penalty fines of £200.00 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-55560814

BCOBS

@CitizenB that is what needs answering , looking at it from what is captured, the police weren't for listening he was bent on searching the house for illicit visitors, and didn't give the occupier the chance to explain, looks like family videoed it, I needs investigating and no doubt it will be.

• Like 1

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Big problem is clarity for sure HB, with differences in England Wales Scotland and NI.

1 hour ago, citizenB said:

2 women in separate vehicles, drive 5 miles to beauty spot to take exercise - their hot drinks presumably purchased on the way are apparently classed as a picnic ! and the police have issued penalty fines of £200.00 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-55560814

that seems excessive too

I cycle more than 5 miles for exercise

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

reading through the report, it seems the police intends to fine them for breaching an entirely personal interpretation 'the spirit' of the lockdown rather than any actual law

Appeal + complaint if it were me.

and why so many coppers there?

"A Derbyshire police spokesperson said the force will be using it's "four e's approach" - Engage, Explain, Encourage and Enforce to tackle any lockdown breaches in the county."

sure sounds like they didn't bother with the first three steps in any real way.

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

32 minutes ago, tobyjugg2 said:

I cycle more than 5 miles for exercise

I'm a master criminal in that I walk my dog at first light and 3 or 4 days a week go for a run later in the day.  Have done this since day 0ne of the first lockdown and can count on the fingers of one hand when I've been within a km of another human.

25 minutes ago, tobyjugg2 said:

"A Derbyshire police spokesperson said the force will be using it's "four e's approach" - Engage, Explain, Encourage and Enforce to tackle any lockdown breaches in the county."

sure sounds like they didn't bother with the first three steps in any real way.

Didn't bother, never intended to bother, couldn't wait for their first victims I'd guess.

So, these beauty spots are advertising that they are open for exercise as allowed,

but the latest regs say

"If you do leave home for a permitted reason, you should always stay local - unless it is necessary to go further, for example to go to work. Stay local means stay in the village, town, or part of the city where you live."

So when is Jenrick going to be fined for wandering around his three 'homes'?

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Stay Local, where do they think we are Royston Vasey?  Its becoming very league of gentlemen.

... permit required to enter kent

quickly followed by .. permit required to leave your street

The Tory Legacy

19 minutes ago, tobyjugg2 said:

... permit required to enter kent

quickly followed by .. permit required to leave your street

Ausweiss Bitte.........

i think the thing to actually remember is that from what i can see, and I'm not a barrister:

* the LAW says stay local, without expanding any further on that

* apparently its just guidance that suggests local town, village, part of city is local

* Dominic Cummings and Jenrick stretch(ed) the letter of the Law let alone ignored the spirit and guidance of the rules and are considered and stated by the law makers as acting "responsibly, legally and with integrity"

• Like 1

The Tory Legacy

2 hours ago, tobyjugg2 said:

but the latest regs say "If you do leave home for a permitted reason, you should always stay local - unless it is necessary to go further, for example to go to work. Stay local means stay in the village, town, or part of the city where you live."

That's the guidance not the law, not the Regulations.   https://www.gov.uk/guidance/national-lockdown-stay-at-home  It also says "exercise with your household (or support bubble) or one other person, this should be limited to once per day, and you should not travel outside your local area."

The Regulations just say "Exception 1 is that it is reasonably necessary for the person concerned (“P”) to leave or be outside the place where P is living (“P’s home”) ...  (c) to take exercise outside ....[alone or with defined other people]".  No mention of local area or once a day.

I'd guess that police forces trying to apply that Regulation to prevent people travelling to exercise are interpreting it as meaning "is it reasonably necessary for you to have travelled to here to exercise?"

Edited by Ethel Street
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, tobyjugg2 said:

* the LAW says stay local, without expanding any further on that

* apparently its just guidance that suggests local town, village, part of city is local

It's difficult to define 'local'.  My nearest supermarket is over 6 miles away, my nearest bank even further and my nearest council recycling centre over 10.  All of these places I'm permitted to use.  When I walk my dog I put him in the car to travel one mile to end up around half a mile from home.  Sounds mad I know but it's to get across a busy A road which would be very dangerous to cross on foot.  Of all these journeys the only one the police are likely to question is the shortest.

• Like 1

Will have fun then when I go to Scotland as second driver on a job I've been asked to help on, as due to Wee Nicola, not enough hours to drive up, sort the  construction site IT and drive back, as not permitted to stop overnight in Scotland.  Will make sure we have our Ausweiss ready at Scottish Border.

26 minutes ago, Ethel Street said:

Stay local means stay in the village, town, or part of the city where you live."

A 5k run automatically exceeds that requirement.  A 2k walk probably does.  What exactly counts as permitted exercise - a gentle stroll round the block?

It all depends what the copper questioning you in the street dedcides is Local.

16 minutes ago, hightail said:

A 5k run automatically exceeds that requirement.  A 2k walk probably does.  What exactly counts as permitted exercise - a gentle stroll round the block?

That's what I was meaning about the rules being clear enough, really.

Illegitimi non carborundum

5 minutes ago, brassnecked said:It all depends what the copper questioning you in the street dedcides is Local.

Or decides is ‘exercise’.  To someone who is horrendously overweight and has hardly moved in years a walk of 100m is worthwhile.  Doesn’t mean the same would be be of benefit to someone who works out and runs regularly.

• Like 2

My daily commute is now about 1 minute each way, was 60 minutes each way.

Civil Service appears to see new strain of virus as a much higher risk and wants most staff working from home, unless this is not possible.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 442 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks