Mutating Corona Virus

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 420 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Our Community Council Clerk, had been in contact with someone who was at the same resort as the Superspreader, and she was coughing all though the Council meeting, this was in February. I was ill for about a week with what I thought was flu or something similar. a few days after that meeting.  Of course Covbid wasn't a big thing then.Son had similar wife not affected. Strange, was it Covid, probably never know, especially as PCR test  may give positive test for a common cold.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

That's interesting, BN. My OH was in a meeting early this year with someone who later tested positive. We were both ill not long afterwards and I had a really bad cough that stopped me sleeping for at least a week.

Like you, we wonder if it was covid but I suppose if it was, the immunity could have worn off by now.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Trouble is no one seems to know, with all the experts contradicting each other, along with the tinfoil hatters.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

4 hours ago, honeybee13 said:

Entitled skiers have gone missing from the ski resort of Verbier, Switzerland, after being asked to self-isolate. Now they're in France or who knows where, potentially spreading the new strain of Covid.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/dec/27/hundreds-uk-tourists-flee-covid-quarantine-swiss-ski-resort-verbier

Words fail me, how selfish.

Wonder if Johnson and Handcocks world beating trace system is going to track down these Brits seemingly more than happy to spread the virus?

Should be quite simple - they all need to register their details at the resort/hotels ...

• Like 1

You know what IS patriotic?

Loving your country enough to care for its old and poor, fund its institutions, unite its communities, feed, house and educate its children, restore and live in balance with its environment, plan with care for its future, build its alliances, and perhaps above all - tell it the truth

The Tory Legacy

Record high: taxes, immigration, excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Record low: living standards and investment

Crumbling Hospitals, schools, council services, businesses and roads

They squander taxpayer money by the £thousands on a failed ex-PMs luxury troughing on a plane, rather than feed UK children

Too true.

They can always say they are out on a fox hunt - no fox needed as its a scent trail they gather to follow

Think I'll use that:

Covid warden:

Why are there 70 of you all out together in a group?

Me:

We are exempt as we are out hunting the scent trail previously laid by our politicians. Seems to smell of BS and be absolutely everywhere.

Not sure what we are supposed to do when one 'accidentally crosses our path ... Haven't read that far down the hunt manual yet...

Edited by tobyjugg2

Loving your country enough to care for its old and poor, fund its institutions, unite its communities, feed, house and educate its children, restore and live in balance with its environment, plan with care for its future, build its alliances, and perhaps above all - tell it the truth

The Tory Legacy

Record high: taxes, immigration, excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

They squander taxpayer money by the £thousands on a failed ex-PMs luxury troughing on a plane, rather than feed UK children

Well if you are a lawyer,and a fox gets in your garden, you can put on your wife's kimono assuming she has one and hunt it with a bat.

Use that one as an excuse when the populist party door knockers come around touting for votes.

.. an excuse not to vote for them of course .....................

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

cagscreen-s.jpg.b1519ed363d08d56aebffbbb2cd50f46.jpg

The Tory Legacy

wonder what the eugenics crew will make of this:

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-health-coronavirus-science/uk-variant-linked-to-high-viral-loads-neanderthal-gene-offers-protection-idUKKBN2921Z7?il=0

(of course much of cro-magnons -> our better immune systems is inherited from neanderthals)

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/thank-neanderthals-your-immune-system-180957761/

The Tory Legacy

The Tory Legacy

The Novavax vaccine, known as NVX-CoV2373, works differently than the ones by Pfizer and other companies that have already been shown to be effective. It contains artificially produced viral proteins, along with an immune-boosting compound derived from the soapbark tree.

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2020/12/28/world/covid-19-coronavirus-updates

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020/11/will-small-long-shot-us-company-end-producing-best-coronavirus-vaccine

https://www.forbes.com/sites/greatspeculations/2020/12/03/after-facing-delays-does-the-novavax-covid-vaccine-still-matter/

The Tory Legacy

pages here definitely runaway infinite loading for me at least

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-health-coronavirus-britain-variant/new-coronavirus-variant-does-not-cause-illness-more-severe-than-others-public-health-england-study-idUKKBN29401C

Very limited PHE study says new variant does not cause more severe illness

- I'm taking that with a very large pinch of salt for now. What I've read seems to indicate quite different.

The Tory Legacy

I've fixed your link to Reuters, TJ.

If you're having trouble with pages loading, the best thing is to start a thread in the CAG Questions and Suggestions forum so the problem can be looked at.

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/22-consumer-forums-website-post-your-questions-suggestions-about-this-site/

Going back to the new strain of covid, I thought the problem with it was that it's more 'efficient' at infecting people so it spreads faster than the original? I've read other articles that say the illness is about the same but the transmission is a lot faster.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Appears somebodies changing the code of the pages - mine eternally loading while I'm on page here now. Was working continually before, but didn't have current signs of loading page eternally (nothing visible apart from page slider constantly moving and processor working hard)

re the new strain(s) ('allegations so far)

reports it causes much higher viral loads quicker in a number of (susceptible?) people and has a more efficient/effective invasive mechanism (see earlier in thread for the start of this)

- fast/higher viral loads probable cause/link of infection spreading more into the nervous system and causing damage in brain/central nervous system/heart and lungs

- Very concerning.

Google first instances of severe psychological effects (disruption of brains communication mechanisms and what would be considered 'psychosis' (voices) effects)

Not attempting to scare monger in any way. Forewarned ... and all that.

Better to plan and prepare for the worst, and hope for the best, rather than blindly bumble and lie into a firestorm and just hope it will all turn out ok - as clearly seemed to happen with the (apparently known and monitored) spread of the new strain with an unwarranted low level of London/Kent lockdown  with fox hunts and ski trip farces.

The Tory Legacy

Sorry not a very good Limerick, but heigh ho, have had enough doom (not the game though)  and despondency.

There was a young man from Kent

Whose thinking was ever so slightly slightly bent

off he went skiing

from the virus he was fleeing

but it infected him in the bar where he went.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Yes that's great news, there are so many iffy things around the Pfizer, storage, allergic reactions, advice on who shouldn't have it etc.

the advice on who should or shouldn't have the pfizer vaccine is now largely the same as with the astrazenica one, with more details released from pfizer thatn from astazenica.

The storage temp is an issue clearly and a very clear benefit with the Oxford vaccine .. and others coming up.

Even the 'information' given in  the broadcasts on the oxford vaccine this morning was incredibly actual content lacking.

example

Statement: Phase one is people in care over 80 and their carers

Question: How and when does phase 2 start

Answer: err after phase 1

Example 2

question: How come there are such varied claims on its efficacy

Answer: well there were different tests and they were all done differently so the data we put together to claim certain percentages really cant be put together.

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Partamedic mate saw the Info sheet for healthcare professionals and said no way was he having the Pfizer jab.

Not sure HB, hancock wants 10% it seems as does Gething.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 420 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks