• Tweets

• Farooq v evri is the judgement you want in.   Do you have a copy of do you want me to upload it again here?
    • I have added the correct format for the court. Country Court ..... as it was on the letter today, other letter had the justice.... . That is on the unredacted copy sent to admins email.   Which Evri judgement, could you give me a steer? Wadhwa one?   It's not in dispute, bar that paragraph you picked up. I was looking at that one, and I do agree it's pointless. Thank you for your help.
    • Firstly, and sorry for not asking earlier but have you submitted your DQ yet?
    • As suggested by JK2054 I'll email Evri to their small claims email address, attaching the label and collection receipt and quoting the Money Claims ref number. Is there anything else in addition to sending the email I should do at this stage? Rgds, J
    • Hi, I'd change justice centre to county court. I also wouldn't be including a telegraph article in the bundle. It doens't prove anything law and you don't have distribution rights on it. I also wouldn't personally break down the exhibits on the index page, normally people have a seperate page for this right before the exhibits. The main index page normally just says Exhibits to WX of [Your Name] or at least that's the format I use/see people here use, although really it makes minimal difference.   I also see that despite referencing several judgements you haven't included the EVRi one   paragraph 46 really needs to go imo it has nothing to do with anything. Your in court to apply the law to your case, not to tell the judge about a newspaper that means nothing to your claim.   I also see you've adopted the issues in dispute/not in dispute, which is also known as a scott schedule. if you are taking this approach, for things not in dispute I would say this needs to be things that are agreed between parties, not things like "There is no dispute that I am happy to supply all this evidence which is included in the court bundle." I would say that issues in dispute is to focus on the aspects of the claim that are in dispute, such as whether liability is limited by insurance or not, so I'd be changing that accordingly.   BF should be along shortly to advise on things.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Mutating Corona Virus

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 420 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Dont know the detail yet HB

Like the issues other countries are reported having with the Oxford vaccine .. many with the lack of transparency and 'not properly supported and documented' claims it would seem.

The UK is apparently basing its vaccine roll-out on 4 million doses (still not enough) of the Oxford vaccine

We'll perhaps know more if anything is reported on its authorisation other than UK

A little over 60% is its confirmed efficacy as far as I can see

.. The group that had the 1/2 + 1 and high efficacy rate was made up of a large portion of young folk which casts great doubt on the quality of the higher efficacy claim it would seem

Edited by tobyjugg2

You know what IS patriotic?

Loving your country enough to care for its old and poor, fund its institutions, unite its communities, feed, house and educate its children, restore and live in balance with its environment, plan with care for its future, build its alliances, and perhaps above all - tell it the truth

The Tory Legacy

Record high: taxes, immigration, excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Record low: living standards and investment

Crumbling Hospitals, schools, council services, businesses and roads

They squander taxpayer money by the £thousands on a failed ex-PMs luxury troughing on a plane, rather than feed UK children

On 02/11/2020 at 08:50, tobyjugg2 said:

I've not looked into detail which test is which and there are a number of lateral flow tests which use slightly different 'forms

but the more appropriate ones are supposed to be like a pregnancy test and about 93% accurate

they 'magnify' anything searched for that is found in the body, so if the magnification is slightly off, orthe viral load balance (where it congregates) in the body is off so is the test

As they magnify what they find - they are also very 'level of infection' specific

ie

Magnify too much - everyone shows positive

Magnify not enough - no-one tests positive

Too early or too late in the virus life infection cycle - false negative or positive when on the mend

Particular person has lower viral load in 'wherever/whatever tested fro any reason - false negative

Reminder.

The 93% was in lab conditions with samples pre PCR tested (so a head start perhaps)

- and that was the best of the bunch - others were struggling to get into the 70's% in lab conditions.

The varying viral load over time/stage of infection, and per individual, cause real problems with lateral flow tests

Not sure what the new strain(s) does to it ....

Edited by tobyjugg2

Loving your country enough to care for its old and poor, fund its institutions, unite its communities, feed, house and educate its children, restore and live in balance with its environment, plan with care for its future, build its alliances, and perhaps above all - tell it the truth

The Tory Legacy

Record high: taxes, immigration, excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

They squander taxpayer money by the £thousands on a failed ex-PMs luxury troughing on a plane, rather than feed UK children

Clarification

The cream of the crop lateral flow tests managed to find about 93% of already flagged/confirmed PCR flagged positive infections in laboratory conditions

The Tory Legacy

Seems hancock knew there were over a thousand instances of infections of this new strain in 60 different local authority areas by 14th Dec or before and that it was spreading more quickly than prior UK strains

https://virological.org/t/preliminary-genomic-characterisation-of-an-emergent-sars-cov-2-lineage-in-the-uk-defined-by-a-novel-set-of-spike-mutations/563

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

The key part for those that went understandably blank after the first dozen lines

"The two earliest sampled genomes that belong to the B.1.1.7 lineage were collected on 20-Sept-2020 in Kent and another on 21-Sept-2020 from Greater London. B.1.1.7 infections have continued to be detected in the UK through early December 2020.

As of 15th December, there are 1623 genomes in the B.1.1.7 lineage. Of these 519 were sampled in Greater London, 555 in Kent, 545 in other regions of the UK including both Scotland and Wales, and 4 in other countries."

Through this period London remained in a lower lockdown tier than areas with lower infection rates did it not?

Edited by tobyjugg2
  • Thanks 1

The Tory Legacy

and there is far far scarier stuff than incompetence driven by political stupidity (so bad that it actually looks like it must be conspiracy) in that report for those who read it ...

MUCH scarier

The Tory Legacy

Since the first Coronovirus stories appeared in the media in January 2020, there has been discussions about different strains of the virus.  So it was already known that different countries had different versions of the virus. But it was only last week that UK Scientists discovered that one strain was transmitting more quickly.

Boris is going to make more announcements today which apparently is going to be that most of Southern England ( but not Devon or Cornwall) and the Midlands will be placed into tier 4. And it may be announced that schools in these areas will be closed to all pupils except key workers until middle of January.

It was always going to be this way, as people over the last few weeks have been shopping in larger numbers getting ready for Christmas and we are seeing the results.  

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Does those darn foreigers attempts to shame the Uk gov know no bounds?

Is there no depths they will not plumb just to try to make us look bad?

.. Oh shut up Tossus Potus

France fast-tracks citizenship for frontline workers.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/22/world/france-fast-tracks-citizenship-for-frontline-workers.html

"Some 700 foreigners in France who were exposed to the coronavirus through their work will be put on a fast track for naturalization as a reward for their commitment during the pandemic"

... A bit better than fining nurses for parking in the hospital car park after a long unpaid night shift, or refusing emergency staff visa extensions IMO.

• Like 1

The Tory Legacy

19 hours ago, honeybee13 said:

Is this any particular manufacturer of lateral flow tests, TJ?

The recent reports are about the innova one, although yet again it seems the Popuselessist Gov has known about its failings since long before they were actually proposing/presenting it as a solution

https://www.bmj.com/content/371/bmj.m4469

Doesn't seem to bode well for the spit test versions which were less accurate even than Innova

i think these are the ones being used by frontline NHS staff - with likely 1 in 4 infections being missed, although they are testing twice a week which should mitigatate

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

LOL

As the UK's world beating test and trace cant manage to test even the 6000 truckers stranded at Dover ...

The French have sent 26 French firefighters to do it ..

Will these forei...

Oh shut up Tossus Pottus

French firefighters sent to Dover with 10,000 Covid tests for stranded lorry drivers

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/uk-border-french-firefighters-covid-tests-b1778531.html

"British authorities have struggled to roll out testing quickly to the 6,000 hauliers who remain stuck at sites across Kent.

The French ambassador to the UK Catherine Colonna said 26 firefighters brought 10,000 Covid-19 tests to the port town to allow more hauliers make the crossing before Christmas.  "

• Like 1

The Tory Legacy

The Sikhs put the council issuing tickets to stranded trucks to shame.

• Like 2

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

No doubt the were delicious.

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

lets hope the loo's are all in order with all that extra fibre in their diet ...

:-)

The Tory Legacy

Boris Johnson’s key health adviser is twenty-something William Warr, whose only qualifications for the role appear to be an as yet unfinished PhD in public health, and a former role as a lobbyist with right-wing campaign strategist, Lynton Crosby.

another eugenics type

The Tory Legacy

Eugenics types are becoming rampant again as they did in the 1930's, GBS, HG Wells and others. today, Bill Gates.......

I agree with both of you. Did you notice the bit about wanting to use algorithms to manage out people who lead 'bad' lifestyles so the NHS can refuse to treat them? That way they either pay the private healthcare people or are left without treatment.

So would the algorithm rule out someone like the PM who was quite overweight when he got covid and drinks wine? Scary stuff.

• Like 1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Given the current world situation, perhaps Johnson should consider that those who have demonstrated a weak resistance to the Coronavirus (whether through lack of natural resistance or lack of natural common sense - or both) should be first on his genetic scrap heap ...

.. and take a look in the mirror

Edited by tobyjugg2
  • Like 1

The Tory Legacy

Entitled skiers have gone missing from the ski resort of Verbier, Switzerland, after being asked to self-isolate. Now they're in France or who knows where, potentially spreading the new strain of Covid.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/dec/27/hundreds-uk-tourists-flee-covid-quarantine-swiss-ski-resort-verbier

Words fail me, how selfish.

Illegitimi non carborundum

It all started with Skiers didn't it?  well some of the early infections did.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 420 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks