• Tweets

• I'm not sure we were on standard tariffs - I've uploaded as many proofs as I can for the ombudsman - ovo called last night uping the compensation to 100 from 50 pounds for the slip in customer service however they won't acknowledge the the problem them not acknowledging a fault has caused nor are they willing to remedy anything as they won't accept the meter or formula was wrong.   I'd appreciate more details on the economy 7 approach and I'll update the ombudsman with any information you can share. 
    • To re-iterate and highlight my urgent question on this one: The N24 from the court did not include any instructions to submit paperwork 28 days before the date, unlike the N157 received for other smaller claims. Do I have to submit a WS for this court date? Link has!...
    • No, reading the guidance online it says to wait for a letter from the court. Should I wait or submit the directions? BTW, I assume that the directions are a longer version of the particular of claim accompanied by evidence, correct?
    • Thanks for opening, it's been another rough year for my family and I've procastinated a little.. Due to the age of my defaults on this and other accounts (circa 2021), I really need to avoid a CCJ as that will be another 6 years of credit issues. Mediation failed as I played the 'not enough info to make a decision' however during the call for some reason they did offer settlement at 80%, I refused. this has been allocated to small claims track, court date is June 3 and I've received their WS. I'm starting on my WS. They do appear to have provided everything required of them (even if docs could be reconstructions). Not really sure what my argument is anymore but I do want to attend court and see this through. Should a judgement be made against me then I will clear the balance within 30 days and have the CCJ removed - this is still possible isn't it? I'm going to be reading up today and tomorrow and hope you can provide me some guidance in the meantime. Wonder what your advice would be given the documents they have provided? I am now in a position to clear the debt either by lump sum or a few large installments - Is this something i should look into at this late stage? Thanks as always in advance
    • I have now received my SAR. It includes a great deal of information! Is there a time limit on how long account information is kept and/or can be provided to debtors? I have received many account statements which were not previously sent to me. I remember that the creditor should provide explanations of any acronyms and abbreviations that maybe used in the documents. Is this still the case? Also what, if any, are the regulations in regard to adding fees to a debt? Can fees be added to a debt after the court has approved a charge on a property. Perhaps due to the numerous owners of the debt, many payments I made were not properly recorded on the account, some were entered over a year after the payment was made! Following the Legal Charge, I paid every month until my payments were refused. I am trying to compute the over payments, but the addition of fees etc. is confusing me. Any comments and/or help would be appreciated.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Mutating Corona Virus

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 448 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well here you go, according to the Heil, 6 week Lockdown for Engerland (how England football fans pronounce England) more draconian than Dripford in Wales with travel & commuting ban  Dripford will not be outdone so expect him to close all shops in Wales and ban people from leaving the house.

They have all mismanaged this from day 1

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9065485/Boris-Johnson-warns-No-Deal-likely-plunging-38-million-Tier-3-lockdown-misery.html

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

This is from Christina Pagel of Indie Sage.

'“The people who’ll get sick and die… are the people who'd be first in line for the vaccine in January.” UCL Clinical Research Director Prof Christina Pagel says we “can’t afford” to relax restrictions further'

https://twitter.com/i/status/1339707750419374081

Illegitimi non carborundum

1. Absolutely no doubt that the new variant is more virulent

2. Absolutely no doubt that there will be extensive lockdown immediately after Christmas spreading through to March/April

3. Likely that Patel will use 'emergency powers' to ban demonstrations (gatherings) against covid restrictions/poverty/losing jobs/homes .. and Brexit .. just be interesting to see if that includes fox hunting and grouse shooting

4. Given the aspiration to inoculate only UPTO 25 million people by the end of next year, and the likelihood of further Covid virus mutations and apparently limited resistance duration from the inoculations

- we will be back to needing 3-6x (if 2 per year are needed) that many inoculations (including all those inoculated next year) starting the end of next year

5. Given the above - its most likely our world will NOT be returning to anything like normal next year.

and all that presupposes

1. The unlikely demonstration and application of some level of competence from those in power here

2. No outbreaks of some new pandemic

• Sad 2

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Crumbling Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes

with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

10 years to save the Vest

After Truss lost the shirt off the UKs back in 49 days

Yes TJ looks grim, meanwhile in Wales with the Essential/None essential trope, hope nothing breaks we won't be able to replace it and Tesco will go all stupid again refusing to sell nappies and Sanitary towels.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Yes but that's how surreal it was last time.  gething was challenged over a kettle breaking, he said boil a pan on the stove, he was then told that isn't an option or safe for elderly or disabled,

The feminine hygeine and baby equipment was the most egregious, Tesco in Cardiff reused to sell baby Formula as they had cordoned the aile off, along with nappies. Gething had a roasting and he had to say that he had decided to allow the sale as they were essential to some. he is another self opinionated numpty.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8871385/Welsh-ministers-flounder-try-defend-new-shopping-rules.html

https://www.itv.com/news/wales/2020-10-25/welsh-government-to-review-clarity-of-non-essential-item-ban-in-supermarkets

We are expecting similar Muppetry on the 28th December with stores unable to sell the Christmas surplus stuff  off cheap, as non essential.

So, Can anyone explain to me why:

* The new virus variant (see earlier posts re more virulent strains in USA) was spreading in the South while London, despite higher infection rates, was left in a lower tier and people continue to travel in and out of London

* Kids are still at school - apart from mainly southern private schools who send their rich kids home across the country when infections are found

* You can't see your local family at Christmas who are all in the same 10 mile radius, let alone some from the next county - to supposedly prevent the spread of infection, but delivery drivers can travel around the country without any tests whatsoever and your kids have to go and mix in schools in full class sizes

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/traffic-tier-4-london-south-east-b1776612.html

The Tory Legacy

There's an awful lot of unnecessary spending gone on which wouldn't have happened if he'd done it sooner.  The food waste alone is going to be horrendous, it's been bad enough in the pubs with people ordering food which just gets thrown away.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, hightail said:

Is it too cynical of me to think Boris left this so late so people would all crowd to the shops and spend money getting ready for a family Christmas which was never going to happen?

I think that was one of the drivers - but driven by Johnsons wishful thinking and entire lack of any management or planning skills other than 'something will turn up and we can just pretend its all good if nothing turns up'

I have no doubts though that some behind Johnson driving the policies have profit as a motive for what they are promoting,

Not so sure that genocide/population reduction is a direct driver now that Cummings has gone - but not clear on that.

This site is getting worse - fan goes like mad when this site is up and even typing is delayed

The Tory Legacy

How many tabs open in browser TJ? think I had 100 open in 32 Gb RAM before the browser slowed down, put in 64 Gb kit and is ok now 😁

Seriously Johnson has lost the plot, as have the others. Its been a disaster from the beginning.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I remember so many claims that Johnson was 'really clever' and simply hid it under the bumbling tosspot exterior

Not sure whether they were even more utterly stupid BS'ers than johnson, or simply liars.

Johnson has an unblemished history of utter incompetence, total lack of planning and management skills and wasting taxpayer money by the lorry convoy load - and it remains unblemished.

he's made mugs of us all

So ensure you get yours

244444465_britishtitsmug.thumb.jpg.8cce1bc6d8435929da21b43f33707748.jpg

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

2 hours ago, brassnecked said:

How many tabs open in browser TJ? think I had 100 open in 32 Gb RAM before the browser slowed down, put in 64 Gb kit and is ok now 😁

Quite a few, but shut down just this sites tab and the computer relaxes

I'd tracked a fair bit of it to the ticker, but even blocking that uses nearly as much processing as it running

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

On 18/12/2020 at 06:54, honeybee13 said:

London, there was a survey in the last week or two that said around 50% of people would rather carry on with restrictions than come out of lockdown for Christmas, potentially lose a lot more people and then have to lock down again after Xmas.

Christina Pagel of Indie Sage was on Newsnight and she pointed out that the people we're likely to lose are probably first in line for the vaccine.

The thing is, whether Christmas lockdown or not, there will be an extended lockdown after becsause we don't have a working effective properly managed test and trace, no temp checks at supermarkets, and key frontline staff at schools and supermarkets and delivery companies (for example) not tested

a more 'open' christmas will make little difference as i believe many people will not obey, and as already stated

Where is the sense in not seeing your local family who will be properly monitoring their health to protect their loved ones, when going to the supermarket - or the kids to school opens everyome up to 30+ other households minimum.

The Tory Legacy

In addition to the mutation previously reported in metropolitan areas of the USA and the new strain in the South of the UK resulting in travel from the UK being banned by an increasing number of countries ..

https://www.euroweeklynews.com/2020/12/19/south-africa-reports-new-severe-covid-strain/

South African health minister Zwelini Mkhize reported on Friday, December 18 that a new, more severe variant of Covid-19, known as the 501.V2 Variant, has been detected in younger people and he has notified the World Health Organisation.

France has banned all travel (unclear how far RoI will go) - so the Farage Garages should be quickly tested

Lets hope they are more prepared than the Nightingale Hospitals were and are.

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

On 20/12/2020 at 19:02, tobyjugg2 said:

South African health minister Zwelini Mkhize reported on Friday, December 18 that a new, more severe variant of Covid-19, known as the 501.V2 Variant, has been detected in younger people and he has notified the World Health Organisation.

There is a worry that the new variant here is infecting children more easily too.

Schools have been a major issue, they need to sort some online alternatibves, and some way of providing laptops for poorer families. A Communal wifi on some estates may be an option for connectivity.

• Like 1

Tories dont even want to see the kids fed, so wifi and laptops/tabs, or even schoolbooks seems a stretch.

Send your nearest Tory MP a home made Christmas card with this on the front

- mind you, they'll all be at their second or third homes for Christmas wont they, so probably wont see them until the new year after their Christmas festivities and eating

802985067_Baneoftories-kidseating-s.jpg.52db69b50eb98c93e8fa7973de3b1293.jpg

The Tory Legacy

Tou mean the festivities they will have but Johnson, hancock, Drakeford, & Sturgeon have banned in effect for everyone else?

Hasn't stopped them travelling between their 'homes' has it ?

example:

Friend of mind lives in Jenricks 'seat - jenrick shunts around his and his parents various houses at will 'alledgedly

Standing Joke locally apparently

Nottinghamshire, Herefordshire. Shropshire, London ....

https://eastdevonwatch.org/2020/04/12/robert-jenrick-claimed-100000-expenses-for-third-home/

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Shame plod won't feel his collar make an example of him.

• Like 1

serious blow:

Seems the lateral flow tests are at least as inaccurate as I had understood, and role out is being halted

I dont know the ins and outs yet.

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 448 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks