• Tweets

• Hi Dave, Yep .... Will have to do AOS tomorrow .... Are you referring to CPR 31.14 Request?
    • I don't think I've ever seen someone appeal a mags court decision on fare evasion, JK, but as you say in this case TiredDodo has pleaded guilty. It is possible to challenge, as below. HB Appeal a magistrates’ court decision: Overview - GOV.UK WWW.GOV.UK How to challenge a decision by a magistrates' court. Including how to get a fine reviewed, if you did not know about your case, how to appeal to the...  
    • Update! I have now opened the mail from Barclaycard. I am assuming that their letters were prompted by my confirmation to them of my change of address, which I had advised them of twice. They are treating my change of address notification as a "General Data Protection Regulation Right of Access Request"  and state that I have made a "Right of Access Request. They are asking me to provide valid indentity documents! I have made no such request and am minded to ignore their request for extra information? I should add that their letters were sent to my correct current address!
    • Are you allowed to appeal if you plead guilty?   I know you appeal the sentence, but the criminal record formed from your guilt would surely remain?   I'm not sure if your able to appeal a crimianl record if you plead guilty are you?
    • DX: I did not pursue Link after I got the CCJ amended to monthly payments. Pretty sure the CCJ does not mention reviews, I do have the CCJ somewhere, I will have to look it up in storage. It is as mentioned on the thread you referenced  in your post #28. The Barclays loan was taken out in September 2004 for 60 months! Current Balance remaining approx £2K. On checking back my past correspondence with Barclaycard about this loan, there was a history of them ignoring my letters and offers to pay, and I even had problems in obtaining their bank account details for them to accept my payments! I have received strange correspondence from them too, one referring to insurance which I did not have. They seem very disorganised! Barclaycard told me to pay "Masterloan" a while back and I now receive regular statements and arrears notices from "Personal Loans from Barclaycard" clearly marked Masterloan, they changed the account reference number! I have never requested a CCA on this account. I advised them of my change of address last September, but they are still sending, until today, statements etc. to my old address! I have received 2 letters from Barclaycard Loan today though, not opened them yet!!
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Mutating Corona Virus

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 439 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Breaking News

Pritti Pattel allegedly saw a report that said a ship was arriving with  '2 million doses of Vaccine made in the EU  with the help of Turkish scientists for shipping to the UK'

... and only read the EU shipping label and '2 million' 'Turkish' 'to the UK'

and thought the Brexit claim of Turkish flood of immigrants to the UK was actually happening,

and in panic used her immigrant deterrent wave machine and sunk the ship carrying the vaccine to the UK

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Record low: living standards and investment

Crumbling Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

“This is specifically not allowed. Mr. Mansour used to be a Cabinet Minister in Egypt, he has given the Tories a huge amount of money, and immediately gets a knighthood.

That seems straightforwardly corrupt.  Shouldn’t they both be in jail?”

Sainsbury's, Asda and Aldi join Tesco and waive tax relief as UK supermarkets hand back 1.74 billion pounds

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-sainsbury-s-business-rates/sainsburys-asda-and-aldi-waive-tax-relief-as-uk-supermarkets-hand-back-1-74-billion-pounds-idUKKBN28D0SG

we're still waiting for Serco and the Populists Politicians PPE Pals to announce they are handing back the £10 Billion+ they haven't justified ..

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

“This is specifically not allowed. Mr. Mansour used to be a Cabinet Minister in Egypt, he has given the Tories a huge amount of money, and immediately gets a knighthood.

and on the EU -American vaccine sent over from Belgium while the ports are still open ...

Following further confusion about who will receive the first doses - NOT frontline NHS, Frontline Teachers or Frontline Supermarket staff apparently ...

"NHS bosses warned the 800,000 doses that comprise the UK’s first consignment from Pfizer’s manufacturing plant in Belgium may be “the only batch we receive for some time”, raising questions about how soon further supplies will arrive."

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/dec/03/nhs-staff-no-longer-front-queue-covid-vaccine-rethink

The Tory Legacy

On 03/12/2020 at 15:07, honeybee13 said:

What a shame, that nice Mr Martin who's all for Brexit isn't happy about Covid restrictions on pubs.

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/brexit-news/westminster-news/tim-martin-on-coronavirus-and-pubs-6569000

He does have a right old rant doesn't he.  There are pubs all over the country working round the regulations best they can and he reckons it's impossible.  It's difficult yes.  It's financially risky yes.  And yet they manage if they have the wherewithal to serve food.  Are there wet only Weatherspoons?  If so then they will suffer like all other wet only pubs but as a chain I'd have thought Weatherspoons was more likely than most to survive the storm.

Share price in scotch egg companies doubles as Witheredspoons orders thousands of 'substantial meal' scotch eggs to serve alongside their microwave curries that don't meet the requirements ...

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

He's apparently closing all his pubs in Wales apart from 8 as Drakeford has banned them from selling alcohol, and some in the Chapel set want him to ban all alcohol sales ina USA style prohibition.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Not sure of the provenance of this, but if only partially true is worrying

Its up to an individual to weigh the facts for themselves.

https://healthandmoneynews.wordpress.com/2020/12/02/head-of-pfizer-research-covid-vaccine-is-female-sterilization/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Here is link to the information sheet for Healthcare professionals doing the vaccinations.

Again no personal views either way, its up to individuals to decide what is true and what is fake.

Published 2 December 2020
Last updated 3 December 2020 — see all updates

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Thats 'healthandmoney is a nutter site @brassnecked

Most of the sites posts are complete cobblers, but that doesn't mean some of the issues raised don't warrant looking at and I will, particularly about the spike protein

Current real issues with pregnancy are

* Theres little actual evidence to prove its not harmful even though all expectations from associated/similar are that it isn't, - but the mRNA vaccines are new.

* Pregnancy has some strange effects on immune systems

worth a look:

https://www.news-medical.net/news/20201125/SARS-CoV-2-spike-antibodies-can-persist-200-days-after-symptom-onset-UK-based-case-study-finds.aspx

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Glad to read that the frozen vaccine is going be thawed to room temperature before injection! 

I am some way down the priority list, so there will be millions going through the process before it is my turn. 

Hopefully side effects will be limited to minor headaches and nausea, without too many additional issues found.

Likelihood is that this will be an ongoing process with vaccines required every year, similar to  flu jabs.

• Like 2

Exactly TJ,  some of the stuff out there is well dodgy and should be treated with extreme caution, however the info sheet is genuine though, and some things  on it do deserve a closer look.

1 hour ago, unclebulgaria67 said:

Glad to read that the frozen vaccine is going be thawed to room temperature before injection! 

Darn

I was going to drop the two frozen doses in some vodka and blackcurrant and take them both in one shot ..

Quickly hitting beyond my competence (even to understand and basic confirm others work) with the DNA -> RNA messenger -> protein mechanism of Covid and the vaccine

1. The covid infection apparent can pass on to a first trimester foetus - so the spike vaccine almost certainly will

2. The spike protein mechanism is used in a number of 'normal processes

3. There are some similarities between some of the infection mechanisms used by Covid and some other highly infectious deseases like aids (this is worrying - but not vaccine wise as dar as I can see)

Rather than waffle on, my summary is that apart from the unknowns around mRNA messaging mechanisms and their interactions, let alone interfering with them,

and other than normal maternal issues experienced during pregnancy,

the covid vaccine would be reasonably expected that it WILL pass to the foetus, including generating a level of immunity and also potentially causing effects caused by the vaccine in adults (ie the effects causing headaches etc in adults).

Whether the foetus will tolerate these effects better or worse than an adult/the mother and whether this particular use of a common RNA messaging system will do to a developing foetus is beyond my understanding or estimation, BUT I see nothing definitively untoward to date.

That the messaging system is common would seem to indicate to me (as a none expert) that there appears to be little potential for the process going badly wrong - but not none.

I also see little or no reason to expect a difference from a traditional type covid vaccine (the Chinese developed one for example).

The REAL issue (apart from its very effective infection mechanisms briefly mentioned above) with covid and immune systems seems to me to be the cytokine storm effect

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2020-12-immune-mechanism-triggers-cytokine-storm.html

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/does-a-cytokine-storm-hyperaggressive-immune-response-lead-to-covid-19-deaths-scientists-say-they-have-an-answer-2020-11-14

Too many links and references used to show, a number of which I had already been studying.

Heres a few,

https://www.gponline.com/pregnant-women-under-18s-will-not-offered-covid-19-vaccine/article/1701457

https://www.cam.ac.uk/research/news/study-suggests-embryos-could-be-susceptible-to-coronavirus-as-early-as-second-week-of-pregnancy

https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/10.1177/2633494120962526

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(20)31822-5/fulltext (see links)

https://www.news-medical.net/news/20200814/COVID-19-during-pregnancy-shows-no-affect-on-placental-structure-and-pathology.aspx

https://www.news-medical.net/news/20201125/SARS-CoV-2-spike-antibodies-can-persist-200-days-after-symptom-onset-UK-based-case-study-finds.aspx

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/aji.13308

Very Technical

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0025619620305164

and of course

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/psych-unseen/202005/anti-vaccine-and-covid-19-conspiracy-theories-perfect-storm

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Here's the Info sheet for recipientsoff the pfizer vaccine

Information for UK recipients on Pfizer/BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine

• Thanks 1

* a bleeding problem, bruise easily or use a medicine to inhibit blood clotting

errr who are/may be/were top of the list for injection?

• Like 2

The Tory Legacy

Oh look - he falls out of favour and suddenly it isnt the ordinary folk reporting that are the liars

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/dominic-cummings-barnard-castle-durham-lockdown-trip-b1766655.html

"Durham Police have confirmed they are examining a new 225-page dossier of evidence which suggests Dominic Cummings should face charges over his infamous lockdown trip – or trips – to the northeast.

Senior officers with the force have been instructed to assess the file which was compiled and submitted by lawyers working with the former northwest chief crown prosecutor Nazir Afzal."

"Specifically, the documents are understood to allege that Mr Cummings perverted the course of justice with misleading statements about journeys he made to Durham and Barnard Castle in March and April.

They accuse Boris Johnson’s former chief aide and his wife Mary Wakefield of committing multiple breaches of coronavirus regulations by leaving their primary house in London and driving some 270 miles without a reasonable excuse – while both had Covid-19."

The Tory Legacy

Not solid science - but linked earlier

We generally know that vitamin D is a great protector against colds. flu and apparently covid.

2 other things I have found some scientific support for are slightly less usual

Sulphated polysaccharides - (an extra benefit from - bladderwrack)

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33074241/

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32714563/

and less evidence - but makes sense - the Bioflavanoids specifically in lemons and blood oranges

The Tory Legacy

On 16/11/2020 at 10:40, tobyjugg2 said:

More briefings of cronies who brief to their paying customers

Government gave lobbyists access to confidential coronavirus briefings

Former Sun political editor and current chairman of Portland Communications, George Pascoe-Watson, was quietly appointed as an "adviser" to the government in April.

He briefed paying clients on the government's thinking, including on upcoming lockdowns.

Mr Pascoe-Watson emailed clients on October 15, telling them he had been “privately advised” that new restrictions on London would last six months until the spring, the Sunday Times reported.

Wonder if the London Mayor or Londoners know that?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/matt-hancock-coronavirus-spring-vaccine-kate-bingham-b1767848.html

Matt Hancock hopes Covid restrictions will be lifted by spring, but warns measures could get tougher during winter

.. now the paying crony customers have had some advance warning to best invest their money

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

So, sadly we have issues with both the vaccines

Issues with allergic reactions on the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine

https://uk.reuters.com/article/health-coronavirus-britain-vaccine/uk-warns-people-with-serious-allergies-to-avoid-pfizer-vaccine-after-two-adverse-reactions-idUKKBN28J1DX

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/health/coronavirus-latest-news-live-updates-b1768525.html

"National Health Service medical director Stephen Powis said the advice had been changed after two NHS workers reported anaphylactoid reactions associated with receiving the vaccine."

and low results/dosing issues which are NOT understood with the Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/dec/08/oxford-astrazeneca-covid-vaccine-has-70-efficacy-full-trial-data-shows

"The Oxford/AstraZeneca Covid vaccine has efficacy of 90% in a small group who got a half-dose first, but only 62% in the majority, full trial data newly published in the Lancet has confirmed."

The Tory Legacy

Perhaps explains the reticence demonstrated by Vallence and whitty recently, and real food for the conspiracy theorists.

https://www.itv.com/news/2020-12-08/covid-did-boris-johnson-order-englands-coronavirus-lockdown-based-on-false-data

• Thanks 1

The Tory Legacy

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/08/business/covid-vaccine-oxford-astrazeneca.html

Blunders Eroded U.S. Confidence in Early Vaccine Front-Runner

The Oxford-AstraZeneca effort held great promise to help arrest the pandemic. But a series of miscues caused it to fall behind in the U.S.

And for the Chinese conspiracy nuts:

"When Chinese researchers released the genetic sequence of the virus that causes Covid-19 on Jan. 9, an Oxford vaccine researcher, Dr. Sarah Gilbert, was able to start work the very next day.

Dr. Gilbert’s team raced to insert genetic material from Covid-19 into its adenovirus platform. By March, the vaccine was being tested in monkeys in Montana."

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Oh and serco test and trace improves its figures dramatically ..

by the simple expedient of not attempting to either contact or count sections of the public where they have been performing badly

https://uk.reuters.com/article/health-coronavirus-britain-trace/englands-test-and-trace-reaches-86-of-contacts-helped-by-change-in-method-idUKKBN28K1YC

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 439 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks