Mutating Corona Virus

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 442 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

They use the CRA's like Equifax  to confirm ID for Universal Credit, it has caused a fair bit of bother for people claiming with little credit history beyond a Brighthouse account. A Money advice service helping Social Housing tenants with UC claims found the use of CRA's for ID checking extremely obstructive for some.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Remember many years ago, when Blairs Labour Government wanted to introduce national ID cards, as they believed that it would really help people obtaining easy access to some services.  This was dropped, as many MP's across all parties in the HoC  would not support this.  Also there was a cost to people obtaining the cards, unless they qualified for a fee exemption.

I can remember thinking that it was just delaying the inevitable and that at some point, some form of ID card would be introduced.  

The credit file ID check is acting like an ID card, although it is an online check, without needing to physically show the card.  And people, when applying for services, jobs etc. they still often need to provide at least 2 forms of ID.

I think the next step is that Government requires everyone to have some gateway/online record, which they need to keep up to date with latest contact details.  

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

which they would open to PPC's and suchlike  like dvla  do to flog the data potentially Its ok am in a cynical mood today

Incidentally to try to give TJ a laugh, here is the version of Windows Serco and Dido used for the 32 bit Excel 97 for tracing details.

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

lol why are they trying to use windoh's that way?

.. Everyone knows its just for running doom and unreal, everything else you do on the more linuxified android builds on your more powerful phone.

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Record low: living standards and investment

Crumbling Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

“This is specifically not allowed. Mr. Mansour used to be a Cabinet Minister in Egypt, he has given the Tories a huge amount of money, and immediately gets a knighthood.

That seems straightforwardly corrupt.  Shouldn’t they both be in jail?”

They should have used Gnumeric if they were bent on using a Spreadsheet rather than building a proper database.  DOOM, no you MUST run it in DosBox, or Doomsday Engine in Linux if original 1994 DOOM. Libre Office base might have been more suitable.

Ultimate doom had some issues ...

and serco probably set on a DC goon to do the job while he was furloughed who's only experience was trying to get people to sign carbon copy forms without reading them.

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

“This is specifically not allowed. Mr. Mansour used to be a Cabinet Minister in Egypt, he has given the Tories a huge amount of money, and immediately gets a knighthood.

Yes but it works fine in Doomsday Engine which is cross platform unlike a certain app with an NHS brand on it that's nowt to do with NHS in reality

Its an issue for some CJ, who have no credit history, but then where somebody lives can have some bearing, say a sink estate

Luck of the Draw CJ.  I have had to help and advise people in that boat with various issues.

Wonder what credit check you will need to pass to get it?

• Haha 1

The Tory Legacy

Gething the Chip might try to make it compulsory in Wales.

I think a vaccine injection/nose spray is necessary, but dont think it should be compulsory.

A number of people I have spoken with have some understandable fears about the vaccines and the virus, let alone the actual competence or  intent of the government and its pals.

(and I'm not calling claims of vaccine barcode labelling of the population by alien lizards in human form an understandable concern)

I think a requirement to present real evidence should be compulsory both for and against .

The Tory Legacy

4 hours ago, honeybee13 said:

It sounds encouraging and Pfizer say it's 90% effective. I got the impression from what Door Matt said to GMB this morning that they still need to be sure it's safe to administer to people.

Indeed but the main problem will be distribution I think. Apparently the vaccine is very fragile and has to be kept at -70 degrees, far lower than other vaccines, and has to be transported in special containers which only last 15 days and need to be constantly topped up with dry ice. Then it needs to be stored in ultra low temperature freezers. They Not the sort of kit that your average GP surgery has.

Wonder how much serco will be charging the British taxpayer for mobilising the British army instead of the thousands of high quality expensive (to the taxpayer) staff they have allegedly set on to manage the test/trace/whatever for the British public.

Apparently  the existing serco pandemic staff they are charging us premium rate for haven't finished watching re-runs of love island yet? - so they are clearly far too busy.

Cant be that they aren't qualified at £10 billion cost can it?

The Tory Legacy

and of course the PR firm handed 100's £thousands of taxpayer money for 'crisis communication' by kate bingham (who briefed American venture capitalists on sensitive UK vaccine purchase plans) is linked to Demonics family

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/nov/10/pr-firm-hired-by-uk-vaccine-tsar-linked-to-dominic-cummings-father-in-law

"Eight of Cameron’s freelance consultants are overseeing Bingham’s media strategy. There has been growing disquiet after it was claimed Bingham disclosed confidential data about government investment priorities to US financiers before it emerged that she could personally profit from the launch of an investment fund bankrolled by UK taxpayers."

The Tory Legacy

If you're talking about the £670,000 on PR consultants, TJ, I'd be fascinated to know what they've actually done. I hadn't heard anything about there being a vaccination tsar until the last few days so where have they concentrated their efforts, I wonder?

Illegitimi non carborundum

The whole damned lot of them should be in jail.  Would not this cronyism be Insider Dealing if it was City Finance companies engaged in the shenanigans?

• Like 2

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 442 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks