Mutating Corona Virus

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 447 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

3 hours ago, honeybee13 said:

It goes on and on, TJ. From what I read, they know we know but they don't care. 

They don't have to care.  This is Britain - the biggest reaction will be some mild tutting.  The main goal now must be to keep the fear factor high whilst ensuring the pockets of the few continue to be lined. 

Why do I get the feeling that national lockdown no.2. will happen, but Government are delaying the decision for as long as possible ?

Is this so lockdown no.2 is timed for mid/late November ? With the hope virus numbers are then reducing by mid December, so the lockdown can be removed in the run up to Christmas ?

Bit of a risky strategy ?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Every day and every week of delay is causing large numbers of deaths.

I just found this about Sir David King, ex-government scientific advisor and chair in Independent Sage. He thinks government inaction is tantamount to criminal.

https://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presenters/eddie-mair/former-chief-scientific-adviser-government-criminal-mistake-covid/

Illegitimi non carborundum

I think there is going to be widescale rebellion against rules that are seen to be applied to the masses while the elite do what they want and have squandered our childrens future in enriching their mates while 'the herd' is culled.

The 'other effects of mental stress and isolation on top of Covid and long-covid are reaching breaking point while Billions of pounds and many months of retrievable time have been literally thrown to the wind.

Its long past time that any attempt to blame increasing widespread poverty, Covid deaths, NHS collapse and politicians and their pals personal profiteering and enrichment in the UK could be laid at the EU's door.

- but Johnson will try of course

Shame that lockdowns and covid have made entirely justified civil disobedience less likely

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Crumbling Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes

with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

10 years to save the Vest

After Truss lost the shirt off the UKs back in 49 days

It's not just the elite and the masses either. It seems to me that lockdown is skewed to the north, or at least away from the south east.

The R number seems to be a blunt instrument and there are areas with higher numbers that aren't locked down. Yet again, let the local public health people decide.

• Like 1

We will see if the Role Of 6 and being outside etc hold fast tomorrow with Halloween, will the Children rebel and go Trick or Treating?  Will 9 and 10 year old's be Tasered for disobeying a copper?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Dr North highlights an unwanted effect of Lockdown and closure of food outlets and pubs, rodent infestations, rats go where there is food.

https://www.turbulenttimes.co.uk/news/corona/covid-rats/

• Sad 1

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

I’m currently on day 9 of mild symptoms  Starting about 5 days after My daughter had symptoms and subsequently tested positive. 
she’s well over it now.

From my point of view I’ve had far Worse but Christ the symptoms are weird. 

Anyway apparently if I’ve made it to day 9 or 10 without taking a turn for the worse , chances I’m on the road to recovery, so that’s some kind of relief.

• Like 4

From Dan Bloom on Twitter lst night.

'So in summary: Sept 21: SAGE calls for 2-3 week lockdown. PM refuses.

Oct 13: Keir Starmer calls for 2-3 week lockdown. Govt source brands him a “shameless opportunist”.

Oct 30: Government scientists say it’s now too late for a 2-3 week lockdown and it’ll have to be longer.'

And it's been announced to the Mail and the Times, not to Parliament. That's an odd way to run a country.

• Like 1

@honeybee13I genuinely think Boris is confused about what to do. Economic disaster v even more unexpected deaths. 

The big problem with this virus is that many people have very mild symptoms or no symptoms at all, but can still pass on the virus to others. 

And with winter bugs having some similar symptoms to CV-19, there are probably thousands in workplaces with CV-19 who just don't know they are risking others lifes.

If Government are going to lockdown the country for a period, it has to be really strict and that includes schools and Colleges.  They should have done this in a planned way around the half-term period. 

@honeybee13I genuinely think Boris is confused about what to do. Economic disaster v even more unexpected deaths. 

I see what you mean, UB, but is it possible that dithering since September means that lockdown will be longer and cost the economy more than if there had been a two or three week circuit breaker a few weeks ago?

I'm interested to know why it's going to be on Wednesday, so quite a wait from it being known, albeit through two newspapers and not an announcement yet. France had a day or two's notice of their second lockdown.

lets cut to the chase, HB,  Christmas is Cancelled,  it already is by the Wee Nippy in Scotland it seems, where she is talking of a Zoom Christmas. so record a parody Christmas song.  Zoom Christmas a parody of Bing Crosby White Christmas I might just do that today Fire up the DAW plug in the mic

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, unclebulgaria67 said:

@honeybee13I genuinely think Boris is confused about what to do. Economic disaster v even more unexpected deaths

vs Boris' ego and self-image

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Crumbling Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes

with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

10 years to save the Vest

After Truss lost the shirt off the UKs back in 49 days

No lock down = No NHS

No NHS = no economy

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, London1971 said:

No lock down = No NHS

No NHS = no economy

Think that is a very good way of summing up the situation.

At the moment Hospitals are coping, but  if the vulnerable are infected due to increasing numbers of people moving around with the virus, then a lockdown will be required. 

Latest info leaking from Government suggests a 1 month lockdown will be announced on Monday.

• Thanks 1

While Wales comes out of one next week to who knows what?

2 hours ago, unclebulgaria67 said:

Think that is a very good way of summing up the situation.

At the moment Hospitals are coping, but  if the vulnerable are infected due to increasing numbers of people moving around with the virus, then a lockdown will be required. 

Latest info leaking from Government suggests a 1 month lockdown will be announced on Monday.

Thanks,

I’ve been arguing on Twitter with idiots who say the lockdown shouldn’t happen because most hospitals are empty right now . I guess scientific facts like exponential growth are too boring for them.

• Like 1

They are getting concerned that Drakeford & Gething are driving people to suicide with cancelled Hospital; appointments and an ever growing backlog.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/elective-surgeries-hospital-coronavirus-covid-19081544?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharebar

Hospitals are now the reservoirs of infection, should have been a proper Track trace Isolate local based like Ceredigion, on the lines suggested by Dr North Nightingales as Isolation, would cost money, but maybe long term cheaper than Dido's mess might reduce the hospital aquired covid if its not put in there in the first pace.  But that is heresy to Hancock

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/coronavirus-covid-hospital-transmission-cases-19196352

• Sad 1

28 minutes ago, London1971 said:

Thanks,

I’ve been arguing on Twitter with idiots who say the lockdown shouldn’t happen because most hospitals are empty right now . I guess scientific facts like exponential growth are too boring for them.

Arron Banks was caught out on Twitter saying only 8 people were in hospital, using a chart from the FT. The man from the FT who created it turned up and pointed out that Arron had left off the top of the chart which shows that the 8 people are per 100,000.

We will have to see what it brings, whatever they do in England it will be different in Wales and Scotland.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 447 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks